Help-Not Given The Proper Stamp At Bangkok Airport

I just noticed that the immigration official at the airport failed to honor (notice) my 60-day tourist visa issued in the US. Upon arrival I was stamped for 30 days and my 60-day visa went unnoticed and un stamped. What should I do now to get my visa activated/honored? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

I havent read the link that Whybother posted as it wont open on my system, but although it might not be the best thing to do, you could always use the 30 days first, travel out of the country on the 29th day and try to use the double entry to get back in, just pleading ignorant.

Failing that, i was at Immigration at Chaengwattana not long ago and noticed a booth specifically for these sorts of mistakes and correction of stamps, so it might be wise to get it sorted this way.

Although there was no-one manning the booth at the time i am sure that the people at reception would point you in the right direction.

good luck with it, i don't think you will have to many worries.

No worries. This happened to me a couple months ago. I nearly crapped my pants when my wife noticed it the morning I was to fly out of Bangkok. When I flew down to Swampy and went through immigration, I explained to the officer the mistake and he alerted another officer who took me to a desk and straightened it out, all the while profusely apologizing, saying the staff are so overworked, sometimes they can't see straight. Don't worry about it.