Where To Buy Wii Adapter In Chiang Mai?

gypsyrodeo

I don't want to be credited for destroying your device, but--and maybe you've already checked closely--read the fine writing on the adapter itself. Many of the adapters (whether for your shaver, camera, phone or computer) are safe worldwide. The small print will say something like "110V-240V."

Also in Airport Plaza, kiosk shop by the food hall 4th floor.

Nice guys and all that but would never consider buying games from them ever again.

They often burn their discs far too fast and there's missing data due to this.

Tried most other places in CM and everywhere else seems to be fine.

This was for Xbox so can't comment for Wii.

• 3 weeks later...

Also in Airport Plaza, kiosk shop by the food hall 4th floor.

Nice guys and all that but would never consider buying games from them ever again.

They often burn their discs far too fast and there's missing data due to this.

Tried most other places in CM and everywhere else seems to be fine.

This was for Xbox so can't comment for Wii.

Yeah, I don't buy games from them either anymore - mostly because of their selection than anything else (Panthip best for that in CM I guess). They do however stock many of the plug-in bits and bobs - I have bought things like rechargers for Wii controllers, replacements for broken XBox and Wii controls, extra boxing gloves and wireless Wii controller eceiver (bar thingy that goes on the TV) - all good quality and all worked fine.

• 4 months later...

Thanks all for the replies. Pantip didn't have any but will try other shops.

FYI MrBrad, my adapter says '110 V", and therefore didn't plug it so it's not destroyed....

Ever find a place that sells the adapters? I have a 220V adapter (after market) that seems to have failed and need to replace it.

Thanks all for the replies. Pantip didn't have any but will try other shops.

FYI MrBrad, my adapter says '110 V", and therefore didn't plug it so it's not destroyed....

Ever find a place that sells the adapters? I have a 220V adapter (after market) that seems to have failed and need to replace it.

top floor of airport central...the gaming shop that sells all things Wii... not the BEST prices, but they do have the goods...

Didn't feel like dealing with the crowds at Central Airport on a Sunday so went to PAE games as someone else here recommended. Googled it for an address and did a Google maps recon, found it straight away. A call ahead of time confirmed they had a dual voltage adapter for 750 baht and they let me test it in the shop (brought the Wii with me). Everything worked fine and I didn't feel like shopping around to see if I could save a few bucks so I bought it. The Wii is up and running now. Of course it is not the original Nintendo charger, but an after market. A search on the net reveals that dual voltage chargers like this can be had for about half the price, not including shipping to Thailand. And like I said, I didn't comparison shop in Chiang Mai, but the price seems reasonable.

If anybody else is searching for this topic because your Wii power adapter seems not to be working, try unplugging it from the Wii and the electricity for two minutes (another post I read said 30 min) and then try it again. The adapter may just need to reset. Mine was really dead even after this troubleshooting so I was happy to find it at PAE.