PM Yingluck Silent On 111 Group's Push To Reshuffle Cabinet

webfact

PM silent on 111 group's push to reshuffle Cabinet

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday declined to comment on whether she was under pressure from the banned 111 Thai Rak Thai executives to reshuffle the Cabinet.

The banned politicians will resume their political activity at the end of this month after having been deprived of the right to engage in politics for the past five years.

Speaking before leaving for Qatar, Yingluck declined to answer, but suggested reporters ask other Cabinet members.

Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit, who saw the prime minister off at the airport, said no one could pressure Yingluck to reshuffle the Cabinet.

Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit agreed that Yingluck was independent and that no one could pressure her.

"There is no signal for any Cabinet reshuffle. The government has an urgent task in addressing problems faced by the people - but if there is a reshuffle in the future, that would be normal,'' he said.

Democrat Party Nakhon Si Thammarat MP Thepthai Senpong said no one could speculate about the Cabinet reshuffle because the person holding the strings is Thaksin Shinawatra. Those who want ministerial positions must talk directly to Thaksin, he claimed.

Thepthai said Sudarat Keyuraphan, one of the 111 banned politicians, had refused to accept a Cabinet post because she knew her political experience and charisma would overshadow that of Yingluck and would adversely affect the Cabinet's image.

ICT Minister Anudith Nakornthap was resigned to his fate on whether he would be removed from his post, saying it is a normal occurrence.

"If the Cabinet reshuffle brings about knowledgeable and competent ministerial members to help the government in running the country, I can carry out my duty as MP, which is also prestigious,'' he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-14

ICT Minister Anudith Nakornthap was resigned to his fate on whether he would be removed from his post, saying it is a normal occurrence.

"If the Cabinet reshuffle brings about knowledgeable and competent ministerial members to help the government in running the country, I can carry out my duty as MP, which is also prestigious,'' he said.

a self-indictment indicating he acknowledges he is unknowledgable and incompetent.... which based upon his performance with the One Tablet Per 10 or So Children scheme... reflects remarkable insight.

"Thepthai said Sudarat Keyuraphan, one of the 111 banned politicians, had refused to accept a Cabinet post because she knew her political experience and charisma would overshadow that of Yingluck and would adversely affect the Cabinet's image."

Modesty knows no bounds with these people.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday declined to comment

Speaking before leaving for Qatar, Yingluck declined to answer, but suggested reporters ask other Cabinet members.

Democrat Party Nakhon Si Thammarat MP Thepthai Senpong said no one could speculate about the Cabinet reshuffle because the person holding the strings is Thaksin Shinawatra. Those who want ministerial positions must talk directly to Thaksin, he claimed.

When doesn't she decline to comment or answer? Maybe she should have said, ask my brother.

• Like 1

"Thepthai said Sudarat Keyuraphan, one of the 111 banned politicians, had refused to accept a Cabinet post because she knew her political experience and charisma would overshadow that of Yingluck and would adversely affect the Cabinet's image."

Perhaps the possibility of a looming indictment regarding the ambulance procurement influenced her decision to stay out.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday declined to comment

When doesn't she decline to comment or answer? Maybe she should have said, ask my brother.

Whether the subject is improving relations and reconciliation...

Yingluck brushed off a reporter's question

or the current electability of her Party's candidates...

Yingluck did not answer reporters' question

saying nothing has become her forte.

I have been begging for the day that Thai politicians would learn to say "no comment".

Problem is, I didn't hope that this would apply to the PM, rather the idiots down the food chain who spout endless drivel about nothing with 100 microphones stuck under their nose. Then again, maybe it isn't such a bad thing. No news, is good news sometime.

Perhaps the possibility of a looming indictment regarding the ambulance procurement influenced her decision to stay out.

Good to hear that not all might be forgotten for her involvement in a 900 Million Baht computer procurement deal and a 340 Million Baht ambulance procurement deal while she was Public Health Minister and Thai Rak Thai Deputy Party Leader.

A terrific example of why the return of the 111 is not such a good thing.

Having the "A Team" of swindlers doesn't bode well for the country.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

a self-indictment indicating he acknowledges he is unknowledgable and incompetent.... which based upon his performance with the One Tablet Per 10 or So Children scheme... reflects remarkable insight.

Or some one wrote it and said read this. And he did.

I have been begging for the day that Thai politicians would learn to say "no comment".

Problem is, I didn't hope that this would apply to the PM, rather the idiots down the food chain who spout endless drivel about nothing with 100 microphones stuck under their nose. Then again, maybe it isn't such a bad thing. No news, is good news sometime.

For the foreseeable future it will remain;

microphone presented, speak what ever pops into the head.

A Pavlovian response to informing the public of 'your political existence',

but certainly not political accumen.

Not wishing to tempt fate, but it amazes me that they allow this type of mob type journalism around politicians anyway in this country. The security risk is enormous.

Indeed, the all seeing, all knowing pooyai has to say something, even if it is "arse"

The banned politicians will resume their political activity at the end of this month after having been deprived of the right to engage in politics for the past five years.

Considering many of the 111 have seemingly continued to direct things through proxies this really should not make any difference at all.

• Like 1

Good to hear that not all might be forgotten for her involvement in a 900 Million Baht computer procurement deal and a 340 Million Baht ambulance procurement deal while she was Public Health Minister and Thai Rak Thai Deputy Party Leader.

A terrific example of why the return of the 111 is not such a good thing.

Having the "A Team" of swindlers doesn't bode well for the country.

Good point Abhist having forty of them was not a big help either.

All it did was help him get the job but hinder his ability to do it properly.

I was not here during Thaksin's term. Did he allow his cabinet to speak out like the current cabinet is allowed.

Anudith Nakornthap ................".I can carry out my duty as MP, which is also prestigious,'' he said.

Did he say prestigious or prestidigious?

prestidigious : Involving great or well-executed sleight of hand.

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday declined to comment on whether she was under pressure from the banned 111 Thai Rak Thai executives to reshuffle the Cabinet."

Yeah, course she declined. She was on her way to Bahrain !!!

Everytime there's a question at hand she has this nagging habit of being absent! ermm.gif

-mel.

I know its a bit off topic but why will Yinluck not go head to head with Mark on live TV... Surely its what the masses want.. would be Great television.. and almost every country does something similar.. let the people see what they got for their moneys.. Yinluck v Mark... and NOT at the Four Seasons Hotel...

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday declined to comment on whether she was under pressure from the banned 111 Thai Rak Thai executives to reshuffle the Cabinet."

Yeah, course she declined. She was on her way to Bahrain !!!

Everytime there's a question at hand she has this nagging habit of being absent! ermm.gif

-mel.

All this "shopping-trip´s must be very tiresome for the PM, poor girl. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Skywalker69

I know its a bit off topic but why will Yinluck not go head to head with Mark on live TV... Surely its what the masses want.. would be Great television.. and almost every country does something similar.. let the people see what they got for their moneys.. Yinluck v Mark... and NOT at the Four Seasons Hotel...

Because she would make Sarah Palin appear as intelligent as Albert Einstein.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Yingluck declined to answer, but suggested reporters ask other Cabinet members: "I don't know. My brother hasn't told me."

Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit agreed that Yingluck was independent and that no one could pressure her: "Yingluck doesn't get involved in making decisions."

"There is no signal for any Cabinet reshuffle. The government has an urgent task in addressing problems faced by the people - but if there is a reshuffle in the future, that would be normal,'' he said. "No one's heard from the boss. But we do need to do everything we can to hang on [to power]."

Thepthai said Sudarat Keyuraphan, one of the 111 banned politicians, had refused to accept a Cabinet post because she knew her political experience and charisma would overshadow that of Yingluck and would adversely affect the Cabinet's image. "If I had to work under that woman, I'd go nuts."

ICT Minister Anudith Nakornthap "If the Cabinet reshuffle brings about knowledgeable and competent ministerial members to help the government in running the country, I can carry out my duty as MP, which is also prestigious,'' he said. "Time to let some other suckers take the flak."

• Like 2

Not wishing to tempt fate, but it amazes me that they allow this type of mob journalism around politicians anyway in this country. The security risk is enormous.

Indeed, the all seeing, all knowing pooyai has to say something, even if it is "arse"

Mob journalism? Thailand has spent the last four years hostage to mob politics.

• Like 1

I was not here during Thaksin's term. Did he allow his cabinet to speak out like the current cabinet is allowed.

Lucky you.

Allow them to speak out? It was his party, lock, stock and barrel - just as now.Thaksin's cabinet were Thaksin's lackeys - just as now. His opinion was their opinion; his ambitions, their ambitions - just as now.

Criticism of Abhisit - often justified - ignores one factor. He was elected Democrat leader by the Democrat party. Thaksin has wholly funded all of his political parties, and there has never been any question of electing a party leader; hence, PM of an elected government. Thus, his sister is no more than an appointed - or annointed - 'clone'.

Edited by JohnAllan