Does Anyone Knows A Good Barber In Bangkok?

Jimmy1877

Excuse me, does anyone knows a good barber in Bangkok? I live in Samut Prakan Srinakarin, it would be nice if it's : Near to where I am ; Teenager hair style for boys (Korean-style) ; Student price (not so expensive). I've tried many barber shops around here esp Central Bangna and I'm not satisfied with most of them... BTW, phone number / website to contact the barber will be extremely helpful. Thank You : )

A bit far from you again but an excellent barber shop close to The Mall, Ramkampheng (that's the Petchburi Road end). I'm pretty thin on top too and they charge me THb80 for a No.1 and tidy up. I do notice a lot of young Thais in there getting some exotic trendy haircuts but they aren't expensive.

Don't have the name or number but can give you exact directions.

How about The Barber of Seville?

A 'good barber' and 'Bangkok' are words that are not usually associated with each other... giggle.gif

-mel.

Agree, but the very 'camp' guys on Ramkamphaeng are surprisingly professional.

A bit far from you again but an excellent barber shop close to The Mall, Ramkampheng (that's the Petchburi Road end). I'm pretty thin on top too and they charge me THb80 for a No.1 and tidy up. I do notice a lot of young Thais in there getting some exotic trendy haircuts but they aren't expensive.

Hey mate, that sounds pretty cheap for a haircut. It's good, but ususally I cut for at least around 200-300 baht in Central Bangna or other places. However, if it's really excellent I would be willing to give it a try! Actually i need the haircut for my high school prom that's coming up this Saturday, so I'm willing to pay a bit more for a good one and make sure it's not messed up XD Either way, I'm still interested, may I have the exact directions please? : )

If you never had an decent haircut, try chalachol in amarin plaza than ask for the blond girl, can speak good english and very good as wel. Go there since i live here every week. I can give you her pers. Number also if u interessted in an appointment, haircuts starting at 500b i thought.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

If you never had an decent haircut, try chalachol in amarin plaza than ask for the blond girl, can speak good english and very good as wel. Go there since i live here every week. I can give you her pers. Number also if u interessted in an appointment, haircuts starting at 500b i thought.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

you are unattainable........the girl is very good as well.......who care about cutting style qualitybiggrin.png , hey Marcel nothing personal just I could not resist.

Hey mate, that sounds pretty cheap for a haircut. It's good, but ususally I cut for at least around 200-300 baht in Central Bangna or other places. However, if it's really excellent I would be willing to give it a try! Actually i need the haircut for my high school prom that's coming up this Saturday, so I'm willing to pay a bit more for a good one and make sure it's not messed up XD Either way, I'm still interested, may I have the exact directions please? : )

OK, if you're going up Ramkamphaeng from the Petchburi/Soi 71 end, tell the taxi driver 'The Mall', take the escalator up, use the walkway over Ramkamphaeng to The Mall entrance and walk back towards Petchburi, about 100 yards or so. It's the only barber shop around there so you won't miss it. They usually have two guys working, except Sundays when there's only one so you might have to wait quite a while. They are very good and cheap too.

If you want something special, might be a good idea if you take some sort of photo or page from a magazine to show them - just a suggestion.

I might be going in there next Monday or so in which case I'll get their name and number.

• 1 month later...

Honestly speaking don't go to a barber if you want a decent cut...

if you have western hair with waves and wot not, Barbers dont have the skills to layer things, remember they are not hairdressers they are trained to just shave and trim, not stylists by any means.

a barber in Bangkok is more for Thai men who have the traditional army cuts or Thai mullets, don't get me wrong Thai Barbers are great for farangs that have crew cuts or very short hair.

Personally i go to zenred salon, its salon for westerners and expats, the stylists speak good english and is well known

As for paying 900 baht for a haircut - No Thanks!

I pay 350 baht at zenred and its better than i paid for a 100 dollar cut in New york last year,

Its 450 baht for the master stylist to cut your hair if she isnt too busy - call and book if you want her.