Info: Double Entry Tourist Visa From Sri Lanka

Just thought I'd share my experience as it may be useful to others.

Recently took a break to Sri Lanka (4'500bht return to Bkk with AirAsia)

And applied for a double entry tourist visa from the embassy in Colombo and got it.

Cost was 9,200 rupees (about 2'000bht with current exchange rate) downside is that it did take 4 days but was very easy and hassal -free and when I asked the immigration officers they were very friendly and merely told me anything was possible so although I didn't ask (because I do not need it) I'm pretty sure a triple entry could have been issued.

Hope his is helpful.

I wonder if one could get six months' validity for a double-entry tourist at a consulate known for giving routinely only three months by submitting a covering letter – addressed to the consul – with the application, giving details of the travel itinerary that necessitates the six months, eg with a visa application made on 21 May the itinerary could show first trip from the country where the visa is issued to Thailand on 22 May, second trip for example from Cambodia to Thailand on 15 October. Has anybody ever tried this?

I suspect that might work if home country but as a ruse by foreign travelers obtaining in the local Thailand area to stay long term am quite sure it would be greeted like a 300 baht bill unless presented with an Oscar award performance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Been getting visas in Sri Lanka for a number of years. They only do single entry.

Always problem free but be aware the place is often packed with agents carry 50 plus passports so the wait can be long and its a bit like a cattle market as they all clamber at the counter.

• 3 months later...

Hi All :)

Hope it's appropriate to ask these 2 questions here..

1. Do they issue double entry TRx2 (60*2) visas at all in Colombo ?2

2. Do they ask for flight tickets etc - I always go to Laos for TR, but since I am already in Colombo, thought this might be worth a try :)

Cheers :) in advance for your advice :)