Do You Remember Your First Mobile Phone ?

Over the years ive not really owned that many mobile phones , but I think this must be my first one , which ive kept even though its now not working

Panasonic EB-A100

DSC02315.jpg

So how about you , ---- can you remember your first mobile phone smile.png

Edited by ThaiLife

Who could possibly forget the brick?bah.gif

I would remember if I had started with the brick, but I was a later adopter. I do have memories of seeing yuppies in Jaguars in traffic with them. Ridiculous looking even back then.

Who could possibly forget the brick?bah.gif

I would remember if I had started with the brick, but I was a later adopter. I do have memories of seeing yuppies in Jaguars in traffic with them. Ridiculous looking even back then.

I got a cell phone when they first came out in Bangkok but didn’t purchase a computer until Windows ME. That might be why I switched to Apple and never looked back. The good old days.laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

post-142120-0-74507700-1337149079_thumb.

Yes, I remember it very well...

I wonder if any one used one of these rolleyes.gif

-007.jpg

Haha yes that one too. But that one wasn't my first mobile phone (the NEC9A was), it was the one in our MD's car that I got to drive frequently.

-007.jpg

-007.jpg

YEP, That was my first phone in Thailand. Land lines were not available and this type was on a 470 network. The baht was 25 to a dollar then. If I remember correctly the phone cost about 30,000 baht and the calls were also very expensive.

Traded it for $1500 worth of advertising in 1991

southwestern_bell_motorola_brick_cell_phone_web.jpg

Fond memories of swapping batteries every 20-30min on long conversations. tongue.png

That was my brick, so heavy it discouraged long phone calls, but then I was glad to have it. Also brings back memories of my first portable calculator, LED display and I got it on a special price of $250 charged on my Shell credit card. LOL

Diamondtel 18x, can’t find any decent pictures, guess it was a bit of an obscure phone and I don’t have it around anymore.

Think battery life was around 8 hours standby and 1 hour talk time.

post-70239-0-17302600-1337224603.jpg

-007.jpg

Yes I did while working for Motorola in the UK building the Cennnet network in the late 80s and early 90s.

I had 2 antennas on my company car, one for when I took the battery out and it became a car phone and the otherwhen I used the phone on battery.

You could always tell early mobile phone users as the muscles on one are were like a body builders while the other was skinny.

I vaguely remember it weight 2 or 3 kg complete with battery.

Ours were mounted in the trunk of the car, with wiring going to the handset mounted on the drive train hup, near the driver. The ringer was also connected to the horn so as no calls were missed....

After they became in general use, it was comical to watch the number of people run from the resturant/bar to aswer the phone when a horn would honk.