Phuket Party?

raro

Phuket party?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it be the same without Buckwheat? I miss that guy tremendously. I was one of the sponsors at the last one at Friendship beach and it was amazing. We knew he was unwell and I hope he knew he was greatly appreciated.

Anyways, I am in for a party if others jump in.

i'm wondering if this is ever going to end. someone in charge just (wo)man up, pick a place and date and get on with it.

asking people is kinda stupid, opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one.

Edited by stevehaigh

i am pulling my vote ,,,what was i thinking ? recipe for a disaster IMO ...

Bummer. When I saw you, fiddlehead, stevenl and steelpulse were all thinking about going I was starting to consider it since I knew you all before I knew your nics on Thaivisa! A night of beers with you guys would be fun!

And almost forgot, it'd give me a chance to by stevnl those beers I owe him. drunk.gif

The poll is a joke, people are voting in multiple areas, if they are really serious about a

get together the OP will pick a venue and get on with it

Well, why not vote in multiple areas. I would be ok with Kata, Rawai and Chalong so voted for all 3 areas.

Agree with you though, simply pick a venue and date, announce the ground rules, and people can confirm (or not) their presence.

The last one was good at Ricks joint...all though the majority of the keyboard warriors didn't show. I am pretty sure I met KBB at the last one. Make it before June the 6th, because Im due back to work then

The last one was good at Ricks joint...all though the majority of the keyboard warriors didn't show. I am pretty sure I met KBB at the last one. Make it before June the 6th, because Im due back to work then

If you were at the last one you would have met KBB for sure he was hosting it

i'm wondering if this is ever going to end. someone in charge just (wo)man up, pick a place and date and get on with it.

Agree with you though, simply pick a venue and date, announce the ground rules, and people can confirm (or not) their presence.

I said this at the beginning of the thread. I gave it as well intended piece of advice and got ripped apart and accused of bickering and the like.

Since then about 5 other people have realised that it was good advice and have posted the same. But they're not bickering of course, only me. coffee1.gif

I said this at the beginning of the thread. I gave it as well intended piece of advice and got ripped apart and accused of bickering and the like.

Since then about 5 other people have realised that it was good advice and have posted the same. But they're not bickering of course, only me. coffee1.gif

I think they realised all along and did not need your advice

Friendship beach is the go, they even have a 60 baht happy hour between 4 and 6, Dont know if a lot of people will stick around after 6 though, the beers go up to 90.

Or another option is Nakitas. Top spot, but again the 45baht Chang draft drinkers will be disappointed with the prices....but the prices do weed out the undesirables.

Actually the best idea is we have one party at Nakitas, and then opposite there is a 7-11 so more than a few of the regular punters on here would be more comfortable sitting on the steps outside 7-11, and with the constant chiming "Bing Bong' of the sliding doors they would feel right at home.

So HKP are you going then? You didn't even vote... (as of 25/5/2012 8.09pm)

Edited by LadyinRed

To whom are you referring? I gave my opinion/advice after the OP started a poll asking people for suggestions on where to have the party and what kind of party it should be, and umpteen people made posts suggesting the best place for the party, by pure coincidence, would be a 5 minute walk from their front doors, and people argued whether there should be kids allowed based on whether they wanted them there or not.

So who exactly are these people who knew all along and couldn't possibly benefit from my opinion? If you were right and the OP knew all along, he would have asked a question like, "Who would be interested in coming to a TV party? I haven't decided where it will be yet but want to know how many people would be interested"

That way he would have got answers like "Yes I do" or "Not for me thank you" instead of "Yes, but only if it was in Rawai" or "yes, but only if there were no kids there" etc etc. It's not his fault he doesn't have a lot of experience of this sub forum. If he did he would know asking such a question was pointless, as I predicted, and as it turned out to be.

I didn't vote for two reasons. If it is held within the next 6 weeks which I assume it will be, then I won't be in Phuket. Secondly, if I did want to go I wouldn't give a flying <removed> where it was being held and whether kids were allowed or not. I wouldn't see that as anything to do with me. It's a party for loads of different people, why would I be so arrogant to think it should be held where I want it to be held and the guest list should be tailored to my needs?

Phuket is a tiny island. If I lived in Mai Khao and it was being held at Nai Harn it wouldn't be a problem for me. I would organise a taxi or spend the night in a hotel, where's the drama?

I find comments like, "I'll go but only if it's in Rawai" absolutely mental, but I guess that's just me. I seem to be singing from a different sheet to most people on this forum.

I think you'll find most people will pleased if I weren't to go anyhow. wink.png

To whom are you referring? I gave my opinion/advice after the OP started a poll asking people for suggestions on where to have the party and what kind of party it should be, and umpteen people made posts suggesting the best place for the party, by pure coincidence, would be a 5 minute walk from their front doors, and people argued whether there should be kids allowed based on whether they wanted them there or not.

So who exactly are these people who knew all along and couldn't possibly benefit from my opinion? If you were right and the OP knew all along, he would have asked a question like, "Who would be interested in coming to a TV party? I haven't decided where it will be yet but want to know how many people would be interested"

That way he would have got answers like "Yes I do" or "Not for me thank you" instead of "Yes, but only if it was in Rawai" or "yes, but only if there were no kids there" etc etc. It's not his fault he doesn't have a lot of experience of this sub forum. If he did he would know asking such a question was pointless, as I predicted, and as it turned out to be.

I didn't vote for two reasons. If it is held within the next 6 weeks which I assume it will be, then I won't be in Phuket. Secondly, if I did want to go I wouldn't give a flying <removed> where it was being held and whether kids were allowed or not. I wouldn't see that as anything to do with me. It's a party for loads of different people, why would I be so arrogant to think it should be held where I want it to be held and the guest list should be tailored to my needs?

Phuket is a tiny island. If I lived in Mai Khao and it was being held at Nai Harn it wouldn't be a problem for me. I would organise a taxi or spend the night in a hotel, where's the drama?

I find comments like, "I'll go but only if it's in Rawai" absolutely mental, but I guess that's just me. I seem to be singing from a different sheet to most people on this forum.

I think you'll find most people will pleased if I weren't to go anyhow. wink.png

Well I'm positive it wont be in Bang Tao

In free societies we are used to be asked for our preferences. We are also used to give our opinions. We are not hugely disappointed if our initial wishes are overwritten by general good.

That's why we take these questions with joy. We have possibility to affect to the result.

This might be different in the cultures where people do as they are told (or they just say yes and ignore the rest). That's ok as well, but it's not what some of us wish.

We talk to get an common understanding what would be ideal. There will be an person who will consider all these ideas and make hers/his decision after she have gathered all the information.

For me, I wish that there would not be more of these 'me, me, me, I said, I, I was' persons involved in this planning anymore.

I'm really happy to see that there is plenty of people who I wish to see in the meeting polled that they would come there. As well I'm happy to see loads of people I have never really noticed on this board that they would also come. I would think that it would make an big difference to see people as persons, than just words here on this forum.

I'm really looking forward to see you guys in real life.

Well if it's not in Bangtao and it's not in my favourite boozer and ThaiVisa aren't laying on transport to get me there and home again, and all the food and beer isn't free, and I don't get a free T-shirt with 'FORUM 31' written on it, then I'm just not interested.

Well if it's not in Bangtao and it's not in my favourite boozer and ThaiVisa aren't laying on transport to get me there and home again, and all the food and beer isn't free, and I don't get a free T-shirt with 'FORUM 31' written on it, then I'm just not interested.

and a free bodyguardcheesy.gif

Read post 63 i suggested 2 venues Rawai and Patong, you seem to think everyone follows and read your posts,

i can assure you that you are wrong, You made a lot of posts and then backed out last time, i would like to see what type of person you actually are when not hiding behind a computer

Read post 63 i suggested 2 venues Rawai and Patong, you seem to think everyone follows and read your posts,

i can assure you that you are wrong, You made a lot of posts and then backed out last time, i would like to see what type of person you actually are when not hiding behind a computer

And I made my suggestions in post #9!!! So they obviously weren't directed at you or anything you said in post #63.

I have never backed out of a TV party because I've never said I was going to a TV party.

In what way could you possibly think I'm hiding behind a computer? This is an internet forum, using a computer is pretty much how it works.

You say you don't read my posts yet you you still try and pick holes in them constantly, even though you don't have anything clever or accurate to critisise them for. Is that why you want me to go to the party so you can stalk me in real life as well as on here?

Edited by HongKongPhooey

And I made my suggestions in post #9!!! So they obviously weren't directed at you or anything you said in post #63.

I have never backed out of a TV party because I've never said I was going to a TV party.

In what way could you possibly think I'm hiding behind a computer? This is an internet forum, using a computer is pretty much how it works.

You say you don't read my posts yet you you still try and pick holes in them constantly, even though you don't have anything clever or accurate to critisise them for. Is that why you want me to go to the party so you can stalk me in real life as well as on here?

Don't worry if your game enough to turn up if it ever happens, you can sit in the corner and be anonymous

Of coarse if you look like the original Photo you used everyone will know who you are

Friendship beach is the go, they even have a 60 baht happy hour between 4 and 6, Dont know if a lot of people will stick around after 6 though, the beers go up to 90.

Or another option is Nakitas. Top spot, but again the 45baht Chang draft drinkers will be disappointed with the prices....but the prices do weed out the undesirables.

Actually the best idea is we have one party at Nakitas, and then opposite there is a 7-11 so more than a few of the regular punters on here would be more comfortable sitting on the steps outside 7-11, and with the constant chiming "Bing Bong' of the sliding doors they would feel right at home.

i totally agree with both these ideas. nice locations and since Rawai is now top in the pole, followed by Chalong which is basically Rawai without the bars, then it seems to make sense.

In free societies we are used to be asked for our preferences. We are also used to give our opinions. We are not hugely disappointed if our initial wishes are overwritten by general good.

That's why we take these questions with joy. We have possibility to affect to the result.

This might be different in the cultures where people do as they are told (or they just say yes and ignore the rest). That's ok as well, but it's not what some of us wish.

We talk to get an common understanding what would be ideal. There will be an person who will consider all these ideas and make hers/his decision after she have gathered all the information.

For me, I wish that there would not be more of these 'me, me, me, I said, I, I was' persons involved in this planning anymore.

I'm really happy to see that there is plenty of people who I wish to see in the meeting polled that they would come there. As well I'm happy to see loads of people I have never really noticed on this board that they would also come. I would think that it would make an big difference to see people as persons, than just words here on this forum.

I'm really looking forward to see you guys in real life.

Super post, and so much more refreshing than the "lets turn a simple matter" into a blowhard eruption...........

Have you been reading the bargains thread?

• Like 2