Water Leak.

up2you2

Has anybody had any experience of employing a company that has been able to find out where a water leak might be taking place here in Phuket.

Two companies have confirmed that the 50 second intermittent cut in and cut outs are not being produced by my pump.

The leak hopefully might be to any of my five stand pipes in the garden, but if not to either of two properties.

How does one narrow it down to where the leak might be taking place?

First, check the toilets and bum-guns. When there's a leak and the pump keeps working, it's usually a faulty flush or, the gun.

If you still cannot find the leak, you will have to put a stop-cock on some of the pipes so that you can easily find the leak. Involves lots of cutting of water-pipes.

This can be a very expensive and time-consuming operation, especially if the leak is in a wall, under concrete or under your house. Look for the usual signs - wet soil, water collecting in odd locations,etc. In the end, if you can narrow it down a little, it is often the cheapest and most effective to bypass the suspected leaky piping with new piping.

First double check the pump, turn the stop valve at the pump, then any exposed pipe fit a stop valve to isolate the leak, one by one, if no joy start digging along the pipe runs, they prob. won't be deep. I had to do this found the usual rubber inner tube repair rolleyes.gif