Deliver To Thailand? Books Online Stores

joemck168

Sawadee Kharp Phee Nong,

re delivering to thailand ''books online'' stores

searching thru amazon etc i found that many USA book stores on-line DONT deliver to Thailand

Some of the UK stores seem to

does anyone know any others that DO?

fer wallabies sake its, the 22nd century!!

thanks

joe mckhorart

Don't you have friends or family that can repack and forward for you?

Otherwise a mailbox service (MBE "UPS shop" and the like) will do it for a fee.

Plus then you won't have to pay duty most of the time if sent regular PS.

As I've stated in a similar thread....you can order a Kindle through Amazon.com and have it delivered here in Thailand, then you shop online and get the books delivered electronically direct to your Kindle.

And the Kindle version books are much cheaper than the paperback version.

As I've stated in a similar thread....you can order a Kindle through Amazon.com and have it delivered here in Thailand, then you shop online and get the books delivered electronically direct to your Kindle.

And the Kindle version books are much cheaper than the paperback version.

Or buy an iPad, or Android tablet, or various smartphones, get the Kindle app and load them up with books and magazines.

I get my weekly magazines on my phone the day they come out rather than once a month with the Thai postal system

I don't understand...I have a kindle but have not been able to order ebooks from amazon.com as when they see the Thailand credit card billing address they simply withdraw from the transaction...is there a 'trick' that I've missed?

and to those that know of website with free ebooks please advise...I've download quite a few from Project Gutenberg...

I don't understand...I have a kindle but have not been able to order ebooks from amazon.com as when they see the Thailand credit card billing address they simply withdraw from the transaction...is there a 'trick' that I've missed?

and to those that know of website with free ebooks please advise...I've download quite a few from Project Gutenberg...

http://www.kobobooks.com/free_ebooks

I've found it a crap shoot with the Thai address and offshore credit card also. Trying to buy anything from the US is especially hard.

I can't get books from Sony's store for my e-reader anymore, kicks me out of the system, but Amazon took my information without any trouble for buying books for my tablet using Kindle.

As for e-books I met I guy a work last year that had 25,000 titles on a hard drive, 14GB worth. don't know how he got them but he let me copy them all thumbsup.gif

Slightly off topic Kwonitoy, I have a Sony E reader which supports downloads from Libraries, does your Kindle allow you to do that also?

Which is your preference?

I bought my Sony 2 1/2 years ago and loved it at the time, it doesn't compare to a Kindle for sharpness of print though.

I've never owned a Kindel but used lots of other peoples, I currently use a Galaxy 10" tablet which I've found to be the best reader yet. The nice thing with the tablet is up can download anybody's app so you're not tied to one system. Newer is usually better with electronics I find

• Like 1

Tutsi, I was in the same boat with my Thai debit card, Amazon.com did not recognise it...so I tried my Aussie debit card...bingo, it worked. So all my transactions for ebooks thru amazon is via my Aussie account.

Tutsi, I was in the same boat with my Thai debit card, Amazon.com did not recognise it...so I tried my Aussie debit card...bingo, it worked. So all my transactions for ebooks thru amazon is via my Aussie account.

I think that the trouble has to do with a thai billing address and I've got a VISA card and a debit card from a bank in the UK but the associated addresses are all in Thailand...but I ordered a wristwatch from amazon.com with the same details and it was delivered with no problem...

and I want to say to them: 'hey, we like to read books in SE Asia too, ye know...'... but then they say: ' we don't care...disgusting expatriates and their whore asian women have invalidated their right to be considered part of western civilization...' and this is probably coming from an uptight middle aged English woman that probably looks like Margaret Thatcher...

bastids...

Edited by tutsiwarrior