12V 18Amp Or 20Amp Battery Wanted

Ricohoc

Need a 12V 18Amp or 20Amp battery for my Yamaha 1600 Road Star!

I'm talking about a kick-ass, dependable, top-of-the-line battery, not the usual undependable battery brands that run their course in six months. Looking for a good source where they keep some products in stock, and I don't have to wait for weeks.

A plus would be if they are customer-service oriented. Man, that's so hard to find here.

Any help is appreciated.

• Like 1

What you really need

http://www.fleetsafe...y-Pulsetech-506

i bought one myself and it will fit perfectly on the box, just havnt got the energy to do it yet.

it would even fit on top of the front wheel, if i hadnt the box

Description:

2 Watt Solar Pulse Battery Charger and Conditioner/Maintainer charges and maintains 12v batteries using solar power energy. Cleans battery plates

of large, damaging lead-sulfates so batteries can accept, store and release MAXIMUM power when you need it. Maintains new and used batteries in

As-New condition indefinately. 3 to 5 times longer battery life. Military grade construction ideal for (AGM, gel, flooded types, cars, automobiles, trucks,

boats, trolling motors, motorcycles, ATV, snowmobile, racing, power craft, pick ups, construction equipment, standy and prime generators, UPS systems,

fire systems, alarm systems, off highway vehicles, remote solar systems etc).

Features:

• Max Charge 16.5 DC volts, 250 mA, 60MA (1.45 Ah) daily cumulative for Key-Off Parasitic Loads
  • Supplements vehicle and equipment charging system and cleans the battery using 22-28 kHz pulse frequ
  • Military construction uses indestructible Lexon encapsulate for heavy duty durability. 17 foot cable
  • Five Year Limited Warranty. Built tough for US Army.
  • Prevents battery power loss on vehicles and equipment stored outside no matter how long they sit

Product Details:

• Product Length: 15.0 inches
  • Product Width: 3.0 inches
  • Product Height: 7.0 inches
  • Product Weight: 2.0 pounds

Edited by poanoi

What you really need

i bought one myself and it will fit perfectly on the box, just havnt got the energy to do it yet.

Description:

2 Watt Solar Pulse Battery Charger and Conditioner/Maintainer charges and maintains 12v batteries using solar power energy. Cleans battery plates

of large, damaging lead-sulfates so batteries can accept, store and release MAXIMUM power when you need it. Maintains new and used batteries in

As-New condition indefinately. 3 to 5 times longer battery life. Military grade construction ideal for (AGM, gel, flooded types, cars, automobiles, trucks,

boats, trolling motors, motorcycles, ATV, snowmobile, racing, power craft, pick ups, construction equipment, standy and prime generators, UPS systems,

Features:

• Max Charge 16.5 DC volts, 250 mA, 60MA (1.45 Ah) daily cumulative for Key-Off Parasitic Loads
  • Supplements vehicle and equipment charging system and cleans the battery using 22-28 kHz pulse frequ
  • Military construction uses indestructible Lexon encapsulate for heavy duty durability. 17 foot cable
  • Prevents battery power loss on vehicles and equipment stored outside no matter how long they sit

Product Details:

I always park my bikes in the shade so guess this solar charger wouldn't really be an option.

CTEK trickle charger keeps my batteries in good shape.

111125-0000590.jpg

• Like 1

What you really need

Description:

Features:

Product Details:

Seems a bit bulky to me although the idea is good.

It really isnt, i got it right in front of me and is just over/roughly 2x1 dm.

The socket goes under the seat or wherever.

The most suitable places i've located on my bike was on top of the box, or on top of the front wheel

Posted Yesterday, 05:22

Need a 12V 18Amp or 20Amp battery for my Yamaha 1600 Road Star!

I'm talking about a kick-ass, dependable, top-of-the-line battery, not the usual undependable battery brands that run their course in six months. Looking for a good source where they keep some products in stock, and I don't have to wait for weeks.

A plus would be if they are customer-service oriented. Man, that's so hard to find here.

Any help is appreciated.

Just curious why you require such a high amperage. Are you running extra accessories, higher compression etc? The 1700 uses a 14A gel cell,

Always helps to add your location so someone in Nongkai is not trying to advise someone in Surat Thani.

Thanks for that advice, but that's not an issue for me. I don't care where the battery is located. I'll figure out a way to have it shipped or go get it myself.

What you really need

Description:

Features:

Product Details:

Wow!

Now that's something worth looking into! Thanks for that link! I'm going to check it out.

It really isnt, i got it right in front of me and is just over/roughly 2x1 dm.

The socket goes under the seat or wherever.

The most suitable places i've located on my bike was on top of the box, or on top of the front wheel

I can picture it mounted between my running lamps and front fender perpendicular to the front wheel. I'll have to think about this. Didn't realize it was 7" high though.

Just curious why you require such a high amperage. Are you running extra accessories, higher compression etc? The 1700 uses a 14A gel cell,

The bike had starting issues when I bought it used. There was a 14 amp battery in there initially, and it just wasn't getting it done. I added a Thunderfire Starter, MaxAir flame wires and either 18amp or 20amp battery. Starting issues are gone.

I wish I could find a gel battery in Thailand.

• Like 1

Always helps to add your location so someone in Nongkai is not trying to advise someone in Surat Thani.

Thanks for that advice, but that's not an issue for me. I don't care where the battery is located. I'll figure out a way to have it shipped or go get it myself.

Actually it isn't you it is the forum. For some reason location is no longer displayed. As you are in Udorn and I'm in BKK there is little point in me suggesting a battery shop.

Edited by VocalNeal

Yamaha Big Bike use the same as ´Harley Davidson Batterie

you can buy here:

(the copy and past function doesent work)

the best is at Link Motorcycles Accessories in Navamin for 3500 THB

Thanks! Appreciate that information!

I'm familiar with Link in BKK. I'll give them a call in the morning. I had forgotten about them as a source.

I wanted a 12 volt 12 amp battery for my Yamaha 535 Virago and I found one in Khampaeng Phet 65 km from where I live for 1,400 baht.

I went home and measured the battery box an figured that it would fit so I went back and bought it.rinding the frame apart

After 2 hours of trying to get the battery into its slot and cutting part of the plastic mounting box apart, skinning my knuckles and teaching anyone in earshot a new and different version of English I gave up.

The battery was about 3mm too long and about4 mm too wide,

Being left with the option of taking both fuel tanks off or angle grinding the frame apart and putting it back together with black bodge tape I gave up and bought a smaller 12 volt 9 amp battery,

Be VERY CAREFUL and make sure that the replacement battery will physically fit before you buy it from a distance away7 from your bike.

I was lucky that I know the lady at the shop who gave me 100 baht off the 12 amp battery AND took it back and then sold me a 9 amp battery for 900 baht.

The 12 amp battery needed to have the acid put in it and left overnight before charging the next day.

Fortunately for me I tried to fit it BEFORE adding the acid or I would have lost the 1,400 baht and have had to buy another battery as well.