Bangchak To Cease Selling Benzene 95

Jai Dee

BANGCHAK WILL STOP SELLING BENZENE 95 AT ITS SERVICE STATIONS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY BY JUNE

Bangchak (บางจาก) Petroleum's Vice President Manoon Siriwan (มนูญ ศิริวรรณ) revealed that the company has planned to stop selling benzene 95 at its 600 service stations throughout the country by June this year. Bangchak has now ceased to sell benzene 95 at 200 service stations in Bangkok and its peripheral areas.

He said this move is to serve the government policy and to encourage motorists to use gasohol instead of benzene. However, the company does not have a policy to stop selling other types of fuel except benzene 95.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 04 January 2006

They don't sell 98 in Thailand.

A couple of years ago Bangchak was the only refinery that was losing money and they might just go bankrupt for all I care. I was advised not to use Bangchak's diesel in my Toyota's D4D engine anyway.

They don't sell 98 in Thailand.

A couple of years ago Bangchak was the only refinery that was losing money and they might just go bankrupt for all I care. I was advised not to use Bangchak's diesel in my Toyota's D4D engine anyway.

this whole gasohol thing is disturbing, it makes no sense to remove it from retailers, my bike may not run on it, even if it does it will do less milage and cost more, petrol companies win - we loose, i wonder who got the big backhander to push this through government

He said this move is to serve the government policy and to encourage motorists to use gasohol instead of benzene.

Doesn't this same 'move' serve to get the old bangers off the roads and increase auto sales?

Gazza looks deeply into his crystal conspiratorial ball and sees......

......in about 10 years time the oil companies increasing the gasohol content in fuel even further that will have motorists having to buy newer and more compatible vehicles to run on it. Oil companies are happy, governments are happy and auto companies are happy. :o