PM Yingluck Satisfied With Australian Official Visit

webfact

As a massive Cheerleading Skeptic of all things Dear Leader, I have to say the trip was well organised and bought together the highest of levels of Australian and Thai poltical and business contacts together, past and present. I even managed to inadvertently come up and have a yap to a friend at dinner, with her 2 feet from me, such was the access that was granted.

Australian business people I know - off the record - complimented her for being across her brief, and companies got to raise points that they needed raised.

Let's hope she understood enough to report back to her boss then.

As a massive Cheerleading Skeptic of all things Dear Leader, I have to say the trip was well organised and bought together the highest of levels of Australian and Thai poltical and business contacts together, past and present. I even managed to inadvertently come up and have a yap to a friend at dinner, with her 2 feet from me, such was the access that was granted.

Australian business people I know - off the record - complimented her for being across her brief, and companies got to raise points that they needed raised.

Raise points, OK, but what about answers ?

I gave up listening to her interview,, aside for the blur of consciosness when she said, " My brother, lub Thailan, ebbrywon, lub Tailan, my bruder he ARE Thai". Someone, get her a translator please.

He ARE Thai?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Raise points, OK, but what about answers ?

You mean his post wasn't a euphemism?

I gave up listening to her interview,, aside for the blur of consciosness when she said, " My brother, lub Thailan, ebbrywon, lub Tailan, my bruder he ARE Thai". Someone, get her a translator please.

He ARE Thai?

i take it you speak perfect Thai, with all the tones in just the right place then?

Edited by JAG

Samran, I can't quite understand your last sentence...."complimented her for being across her brief...", Do you mean that a few business people are happy with her proposed Thai concessions to Australian businesses (which are what exactly?) or is it just that she looks good in the chanel suit?

Edited by Time Traveller

He ARE Thai?

i take it you speak perfect Thai, with all the tones in just the right place then?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Any mention of Thai workers taking Australian jobs?

Gina's army: Overseas workers take mining jobs

http://www.news.com....r-1226367200766

As Australians lose jobs, Gina Rinehart imports 1700 foreign workers

http://www.news.com....z-1226367540365

There is no suggestion that Thais or anyone else will 'take' Australian jobs.

The fact is that there are more jobs going than there are workers.

Anyone employed on these jobs has to be paid the full award rates, time off, paid annual leave, and if they work on-site as most would do, accommodation and high quality meals are provided.

Not a fact actually, as you can see by the unemployment rate in some areas.

I also know people who have travelled to the areas where these jobs are supposedly in abundance, only to find they are not paper qualified or have the right "ticket".. even though they have previous years experience in these industries.

What i would like to know is.... how the !#$% can foriegn workers have the right qualifications when Australians have to waste time and money on BS certificates for this that and the other.

But the easy answer is this..foriegn workers are well qualified because Australian business can exploit them and make them work for peanuts

• Like 1

Who wrote this? They do not seem to know much about Australian Politics. Julia Gillard is the "Prime Minister" and not a "Premier"

Prime Minister - Federal Politics

Premier - State Politics

It is like calling the President of the United States the Govenor of the United States. Disrespectful to the position.

I wonder if Julia can press charges against the reporter and Editor under the Thai Defamation laws for this public insult.

Masuk, do you know where they will be mining; don't even think there is a pub there.

I think that's of concern only to the okkers, the Thais will bring in some lao khao and be happy.

Any idea what the mining wages are? Might apply for a job myself. . .

Yes it's between $90,000 and 140,000 a year. Depending on the position you apply for. This does not include the free flights and flyby points every 2 weeks, the near free accommodation and meals which are top of the line. This also does not include the overtime.

Go for it.

Samran, I can't quite understand your last sentence...."complimented her for being across her brief...", Do you mean that a few business people are happy with her proposed Thai concessions to Australian businesses (which are what exactly?) or is it just that she looks good in the chanel suit?

er, as opposed to a photo op conversation, that behind closed doors she was able to have a meaningful discussion with her Australian business counterparts about their particular business concerns in Thailand, which left them happy.

Australia will 'consider' doing a number of things. Hmmm. In other words they won't. Doesn't seem like the trip achieved much. Nice short break though.

Well what do you expect? Doesn't seem like Thailand is planning on doing much to make it easier for Australian exporters, businesses or Australian residents in Thailand.

It will all be back to square one soon when the labour party is disposed of in a historical crushing landslide election defeat. With the Clare Florence incident I do not believe that Yingluck has found any suckers to pour thier money into Thailand. Australian businesses are investing quite a lot into Malaysia at the moment and giving Thailand a wide berth.

No matter SHE WON THE ELECTION.

True, more than you can say about Juliar

Fark. I left Australia to get away from Alan Jones wanna be's.

Alan who. he was a rugby player right?

When he wasn't driving in F1.

Edited by bigbamboo

er, as opposed to a photo op conversation, that behind closed doors she was able to have a meaningful discussion with her Australian business counterparts about their particular business concerns in Thailand, which left them happy.

Ok understood. ,

No matter SHE WON THE ELECTION.

True, more than you can say about Juliar

Fark. I left Australia to get away from Alan Jones wanna be's.

Alan who. he was a rugby player right?

Radio shock jock. Former coach of the Wallabies.

Class A d!ckhead.

Who wrote this? They do not seem to know much about Australian Politics. Julia Gillard is the "Prime Minister" and not a "Premier"

Premier - State Politics

It is like calling the President of the United States the Govenor of the United States. Disrespectful to the position.

I wonder if Julia can press charges against the reporter and Editor under the Thai Defamation laws for this public insult.

I think that you may be a touch over-sensitive. It is common practice in the UK for the Press to use the term Premier when talking about the Prime Minister and I am sure I have seen that also when the UK Press were talking about the Australian government's PM.

If a distinct legal difference exists in Australia, as you suggest, it is not well known internationally.

Premier - State Politics

I think that you may be a touch over-sensitive. It is common practice in the UK for the Press to use the term Premier when talking about the Prime Minister and I am sure I have seen that also when the UK Press were talking about the Australian government's PM.

If a distinct legal difference exists in Australia, as you suggest, it is not well known internationally.

Prime Minister and Premier in Australia a two very very different things. 3 Levels of Government 1st being Federal and the Highest which carries the title of Prime Minister, the 2nd level carries the title of Premier (State) and the 3rd the title of Mayor. It is disrepectful to address the P.M by a lesser title. You would not address an Army Colonel as a Major.

Premier - State Politics

Prime Minister and Premier in Australia a two very very different things. 3 Levels of Government 1st being Federal and the Highest which carries the title of Prime Minister, the 2nd level carries the title of Premier (State) and the 3rd the title of Mayor. It is disrepectful to address the P.M by a lesser title. You would not address an Army Colonel as a Major.

I agree with you that the Commonwealth has a Prime Minister and the states have Premiers. All I was suggesting was that these are not well-known differentials internationally and Prime Minister/Premier are used as synonyms widely outside of Australia so I don't think that there was any intentional disrespect. Edited by pastitche

Premier - State Politics

I agree with you that the Commonwealth has a Prime Minister and the states have Premiers. All I was suggesting was that these are not well-known differentials internationally and Prime Minister/Premier are used as synonyms widely outside of Australia so I don't think that there was any intentional disrespect.

Fair enough, I was critising you. You would think tho if the press are refering to foreign diplomats that would ensure that they have thier titles correct, ie the actual title that has been bestowed on them by the country

Any mention of Thai workers taking Australian jobs?

Gina's army: Overseas workers take mining jobs

http://www.news.com....r-1226367200766

As Australians lose jobs, Gina Rinehart imports 1700 foreign workers

http://www.news.com....z-1226367540365

There is no suggestion that Thais or anyone else will 'take' Australian jobs.

The fact is that there are more jobs going than there are workers.

Anyone employed on these jobs has to be paid the full award rates, time off, paid annual leave, and if they work on-site as most would do, accommodation and high quality meals are provided.

There is Australian youth unemployment of 24.3 per cent in March 2012.

As far as the youth are concerned they are not unemployed, they get enough on the DOLE to keep them going so they dont want to work. Don't mention the word work. crazy.gif

Ask them to go work in the mines, and the answer is it's too hot and the work is dirty, it's too far away and I don't want to get free accomodation in a donga, free uniform, free food, free air travel every 2 weeks to a capitol city with flyby points all at no cost to mention a few benefits, let alone earning $100,000 a year on top of the freebies.

Youth unemployed what a joke.cheesy.gif

What a load of BS.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I wonder if she is satisfied with the way the aussie press is laughing at the Thai parliments fracas, no explanation of the reasons just poking fun at them.

I wonder if she is satisfied with the way the aussie press is laughing at the Thai parliments fracas, no explanation of the reasons just poking fun at them.

I think the media is laughing more at how Yingluck is preaching how good and safe it is to invest your money in Thailand but if you investigate or question the business you may plan to invest in, you could be arrested, charged and face a possible lengthy goal term.