Want To Adopt Children, Where And How?

dagling

First of everything, if this is the wrong forum I apologize.

Me and my wife (Thai) has talked about adopting one or two children. We are initially looking for one child where the father is of European origin.

We have tried for years to get their own children, without success. We have also had the help of hospitals and doctors.

As I said, we will now begin to examine the possibility of adoption, and would appreciate if anyone could help with tips and advice.

Would have thought that there must be an orphanage with children who have the father of European descent in Pattaya or Bangkok.

So we hope that we can offer one or two children a safe and better upbringing than many other children who are not wanted by their biological parents, unfortunately.

My wife is 40 years old, and myself is 45. We have our own house and resturant, and I have a very OK pension from Norway (above 100.000 bath each month).

You better act quickly because they do have a legal age limit , I forget the exact age but you are getting close, might be 50 or close to it. Thai red cross is a good place to start and yes Pattaya has orphanages as well. The Thai Red Cross childrens home is the exact name of it in Bangkok.

This is something Ihave looked into myself ,it isn't as easy as just turning up !

I don't mean to be rude ...but as much as I admire you for wanting to adopt ,why the need for the European father aspect ,do ,you think it would make any difference who the biological father was ,

As a childless couple ,surley any child could fill that void in your hearts ,maybe you have good reason for this but i find it strange

Steve

I was wondering the same thing just didnt want to ask. I was also curious as to why it had to be the father not a mother ! Wouldn't a Canadian be close enough to European ? lol jk

p.s. ..... shouldn't you be pumping some oil instead of causing trouble on the internet ? lol jk

Edited by MrRealDeal
  • Like 1

This is something Ihave looked into myself ,it isn't as easy as just turning up !

I don't mean to be rude ...but as much as I admire you for wanting to adopt ,why the need for the European father aspect ,do ,you think it would make any difference who the biological father was ,

As a childless couple ,surley any child could fill that void in your hearts ,maybe you have good reason for this but i find it strange

Steve

We have all our criteria for various reasons, without discussing them further. We have chosen to adopt a child where the father has European origins.

There must be hundreds of children with european father in an orphanage in Pattaya or Bangkok, and those are also entitled to a more dignified life?

Since I myself am of European origin, I find it natural that my adopted child is the same. Has nothing to do with racism.

That someone can find my criteria as offensive, I'm sure, but you can not please everyone.

Great idea OP; we intend to do the same once our biological children have grown up, although I am not sure we will have the (mental and physical) strength to actually go through with it like you.

I can't help you with any practicalities but I am sure any difficulties you face can be overcome as we have come across plenty of families with adopted children (of various nationalities) around Bangkok.

Good on you and good luck with everything!

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Have you tried contacting the Norwegian embassy? They may be able to tell you where to start.

I'm also told that there are UK adoption agencies that specialize in Thailand adoptions.

I'll be following your post and wishing you luck ... I'd also like to adopt here eventually.

Firstly OP, I want to say that anyone who adopts a child and is willing to give them a good secure home and lots of love are in my opinion wonderful people. I myself was adopted and it is something I feel that many people should consider regardless if you can have a biological child or not.

I wouldn't get to hung up on the nationality of the father because a child is a child and deserves to beloved no matter what.

Just research everything in depth, check, double check and make sure everything is legally done and above board and enjoy your life with your child.

Good Luck

I was wondering the same thing just didnt want to ask. I was also curious as to why it had to be the father not a mother ! Wouldn't a Canadian be close enough to European ? lol jk

I seriously doubt there are very many children available for adoption in Thailand with a Western mother, so I don't think that is really a consideration. And the OP did say European origin. Unless the Canadian is native American Indian, his genes would by definition be of European origin.

However, I would like to suggest to the OP that if you truly want a child with these characteristics, you might be better off trying to contract a surrogacy. An adoption from a relative is so much easier to arrange in Thailand vs. trying to find one at an orphanage, and if you are truly concerned about the genetic heritage of your child, this would be the most likely way to achieve your goals.

By all means keep looking for that perfect child to adopt, but I have rarely seen luk kreung children available. I think surrogacy is likely to yield better results. I would approach your wife's sisters, cousins and nieces (delicately) to find if any of them are willing to help.

Some may find gestational surrogacy unpalatable, but the simple fact is we all at one time or another have allowed someone else to care for our children once they are outside of the womb. Gestational surrogacy is nothing more than extending this concept to care during the time when they are not yet able to feed or breathe for themselves.

However, I would like to suggest to the OP that if you truly want a child with these characteristics, you might be better off trying to contract a surrogacy. An adoption from a relative is so much easier to arrange in Thailand vs. trying to find one at an orphanage, and if you are truly concerned about the genetic heritage of your child, this would be the most likely way to achieve your goals.

By all means keep looking for that perfect child to adopt, but I have rarely seen luk kreung children available. I think surrogacy is likely to yield better results. I would approach your wife's sisters, cousins and nieces (delicately) to find if any of them are willing to help.

Some may find gestational surrogacy unpalatable, but the simple fact is we all at one time or another have allowed someone else to care for our children once they are outside of the womb. Gestational surrogacy is nothing more than extending this concept to care during the time when they are not yet able to feed or breathe for themselves.

Luk kreung children are very much wanted by Thais, I've had major offers for my kids from neighbors and every couple in my ex's family, wouldn't need to do any paperwork, you know how flexible the concept of family is here. . .

And surrogacy isn't legal in Thailand although I'm sure it's doable through private connections there would be risks. I know a Taiwanese businessman got done for trying to rn an agency here using VN mothers got run out of dodge. India does it though.

I'd never look in Pattaya for obvious reasons.

Meaning?

I'd feel strange knowing that my 'kid' was the offspring of a Thai prostitute and a European Sexpat. OK , not 100 % but probably around 95% probability.

My wife and I had problems having children for a few years. And after the death of 1 baby girl I accepted that God didn't plan 4 us to have children. Strangely after a couple of years my wife started having children. Personally I would never have anyone elses kifs as my own.

I do understand why you would want a european father.

Edited by Johnniey

Luk kreung children are very much wanted by Thais, I've had major offers for my kids from neighbors and every couple in my ex's family, wouldn't need to do any paperwork, you know how flexible the concept of family is here. . .

And surrogacy isn't legal in Thailand although I'm sure it's doable through private connections there would be risks. I know a Taiwanese businessman got done for trying to rn an agency here using VN mothers got run out of dodge. India does it though.

There is neither a law against surrogacy nor a law supporting it in Thailand. It is a grey area. The Taiwanese businessman was sent home because he was soliciting services and accepting money for it. There are laws against that. That is why I encourage the OP to seek the help of a relative. The way the Thai law works is that the surrogate is considered the legitimate mother of the child without basis to the child's genetic heritage. The OP can even be listed as the father on the birth certificate, but at the court hearing he will need to make up a story that the child was conceived in the traditional fashion. Thai law technically does not disallow you petitioning for parental rights even through surrogacy, but when it comes to your child, nobody will ever take that chance, and no lawyer worth the money you are paying him would counsel you to try it. At the end of the day, the judges simply want a pay check without controversy. It is the Thai way.

Do speak with a doctor if this is what you are considering. There is no law that prohibits them from implanting any fertilized egg in any willing female. They are all willing to help. And there are well known procedures for how the adoption proceeds after that.