Bringing Laotian G/F To Ireland Permanantly (4 Mths Pregnant)

I am looking to bring my laos g/f to Ireland to stay with me there permanently.

She is pregnant now 3 1/2 months and at the moment I'm trying to work out what the best option is for me in this situation? We've been together for a number of years but we don't really have a great amount of evidence to prove that..unless call logs from skype/emails between us, the local village boss would probably testify that we have been together for that amount of time because he is our next door neighbour.

What would my best option be here?

Hey, many thanks for the replies. I was talking to someone today who said that it would be possible to bring her here on a tourist visa and then get married in Ireland - would anybody on here have any experience with that?

tourist via will be refused unless she has her own house only way get married and photos,western union receipts to say your sending money copy of bank statement last 6 months phone bills, your own house or family house and letter to say from owner to say she can live there wages slips from you 4, wedding cert translated into english plus her birth cert translated by offical translator copys of everything ,her passport and copy of all your passport stamps ,and that is only the start only.maby refused the 1st time appeal free. i,m, me and i will tell you all you need.or go to bkk, irish lady there can do it all for you but cost 500euro or more but thats for getting married to a thai but pm me il give you her no,

• Like 1

tourist via will be refused unless she has her own house only way get married and photos,western union receipts to say your sending money copy of bank statement last 6 months phone bills, your own house or family house and letter to say from owner to say she can live there wages slips from you 4, wedding cert translated into english plus her birth cert translated by offical translator copys of everything ,her passport and copy of all your passport stamps ,and that is only the start only.maby refused the 1st time appeal free. i,m, me and i will tell you all you need.or go to bkk, irish lady there can do it all for you but cost 500euro or more but thats for getting married to a thai but pm me il give you her no,

"tourist visa will be refused unless she has her own house".............thats just not correct......are you trying to tell me that every Thai person visiting Ireland has to own a house in order to visit......because i for one can testify that is no true....I know of at lease 5 people who have visited Ireland.......and they certainly do not own their own house.....I do however agree that the OP's chances of securing a visa are slim right now coupled with the fact she is pregnant....I would however wonder what the situation would be after the birth of the child and an Irish Passport was secured for the infant.....I think your best bet would be to contact a professional for these answers..........(and OP shop around and dont part with your hard earned money so quickly........as in I would be finding out what this ladies qualifications are in bkk for €500).

OP........all of this will be hard on you.....especially the bureaucracy of it all.....you will at times feel frustrated....and feel it will never end etc...........but you will get through it. But just do it properly first time.....so you dont have to repeat it over again......

I don't see how the OP can just 'get' an Irish passport for a baby born in a foreign Country, to an unmarried mother? Will the embassy demand a DNA test or will they just take the OP's word that the baby is his?

Somehow I doubt it, but I have no experience in these matters. Any one who has?

I don't see how the OP can just 'get' an Irish passport for a baby born in a foreign Country, to an unmarried mother? Will the embassy demand a DNA test or will they just take the OP's word that the baby is his?

The bottom line here is that all children born of an Irish parent are entitled by law to an Irish passport and are Irish citizens. How they prove it I am not sure but it can be done and I am very sure that there is a procedure to do it..............it may be as simple as signing and affidavit or as you said a DNA test....but i am sure an email to the Irish Consulate would give you the information required.....

The bottom line here is that all children born of an Irish parent are entitled by law to an Irish passport and are Irish citizens. How they prove it I am not sure but it can be done and I am very sure that there is a procedure to do it..............it may be as simple as signing and affidavit or as you said a DNA test....but i am sure an email to the Irish Consulate would give you the information required.....

Do they have the same rule as England, whereas if the father was born outside of his country of Nationality then the Citizenship cannot be passed to his children

Do they have the same rule as England, whereas if the father was born outside of his country of Nationality then the Citizenship cannot be passed to his children

hmmmmm interesting question..............I dont know is my answer.............but if you base that concept on say the Ireland football team.....people can claim their grandparents citizenship to get a passport...........i believe at one point half the Irish team may have been doing that.....

Are you actually living together now in Laos? If so, then living together as an unmarried couple AND having got your Lao GF pregnant, it seems to be that you are potentially at risk of arrest! AFAIK (from living in Lao PDR), sexual relations between a foreign man and a Lao woman are illegal...

Simon

• Like 1

Entitlement to Citizenship

Under the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Acts, 1956 to 2004, a person who was born outside Ireland is automatically an Irish citizen by descent if one of that person's parents was an Irish citizen who was born in Ireland.

Foreign Births Registration

A person born abroad to a parent who, although not born in Ireland, was otherwise an Irish citizen at the time of the person’s birth, can become an Irish citizen by applying for Foreign Births Registration, either to the Irish Diplomatic or Consular Mission nearest to where the applicant normally resides.....................

Diplomatic and Consular Information for Laos (actually none; you are referred to Hanoi.)

Diplomatic and Consular Information for Thailand

Based on this recent thread http://www.thaivisa....long-stay-visa/ would seem you ought to get married first.

A few things to consider according to my understanding (I live in Laos):-

getting married in Laos is not an easy matter. it takes 6-12 months and costs at least $1500-2000.

There is a heavy fine if your you have a child together before marriage... several thousands.-

once married in Lao, you need a government authorization to take your wife out of the country (this was true 3-4 years ago and may have changed)-

be aware that dual citizenship is against Lao law-

if you get married outside Lao and the government is aware of it, your wife may encounter problems when/if she returns.-

being married to a Lao citizen doesn't give you the right of residence

Of course there are work-arounds to all this but it requires a very good understanding of the Lao way...

Finally, Lao people like to stay together in 'tribes', being away from the family can be very difficult. Where is she from? (province / district, closest town)Good Luck!

Edited by 7by7
Layout modified at poster's request.

Are you actually living together now in Laos? If so, then living together as an unmarried couple AND having got your Lao GF pregnant, it seems to be that you are potentially at risk of arrest! AFAIK (from living in Lao PDR), sexual relations between a foreign man and a Lao woman are illegal...

Simon

Keeping her parents and the village boss 'happy' is the key.

hmmmmm interesting question..............I dont know is my answer.............but if you base that concept on say the Ireland football team.....people can claim their grandparents citizenship to get a passport...........i believe at one point half the Irish team may have been doing that.....

But that's only because they play football......w00t.gif

Here's a website that might be of help for you:

laopride.com

"I am looking to bring my laos g/f to Ireland to stay with me there permanently."

What about her? Guess she doesn't know where you come from, how life's there, that you'll have to go to make money etc....

Not even talking about leaving family/friends and more just for you. Ever thought about that?

You know her mostly through phone calls and Skype? Fantastic story indeed.

No photos, or other evidence staying together for years? But e-mails.....lol

Good luck for you AND her!

Edited by 7by7
Link removed. Forum rule 10 "Not to post URL links to other forums ."

"I am looking to bring my laos g/f to Ireland to stay with me there permanently."

What about her? Guess she doesn't know where you come from, how life's there, that you'll have to go to make money etc....

Not even talking about leaving family/friends and more just for you. Ever thought about that?

You know her mostly through phone calls and Skype? Fantastic story indeed.

No photos, or other evidence staying together for years? But e-mails.....lol

Good luck for you AND her!

lol........It will be a major culture shock for her........but hopefully he has discussed this with her in depth (or maybe not lol).

OP........... I might add that for all these years you have been together (before she got pregnant) have you not thought about bringing her to Ireland for a holiday first. Or are you only considering this because she is pregnant?

Edited by 7by7
Link removed from quote; see above.

Some of the advice here is brutal,go to the Irish consulate ,and get the forms

You will need to prove you are a couple , The two of you going to the hospital together ,a letter from her doctor saying you have visited with him would be one idea ,

I'm assuming you live in Thailand or I'm mistaken ,

I'd advice you find a good migration expert to deal with your case your looking at approx 7 thousand baht for a once of meeting 15k for them to lodge the application etc,they also do all the paperwork etc..

I'm not 100 percent sure what the rules in Laos are for marriage etc..the poster above who resides there seems to know about it

If you are a Irish citizen your child is entitled to an Irish passport ,it's that simple ,make sure your name is on her/his birth cert

The one thing you haventconsiddered is timeframe your gf is 3 months pregnant ,by the time you get anything done your looking at another 3 months you are cutting it fine with her undertaking a long flight that pregnant,

Get into the Irish consulate where ever you are ,there are plenty of posts on this forum dealing with Irish visa

Or pm me I'm Irish and I have a six month old baby girl and have done both the visa and passport

Good luck

Been there. Done it. No problem! All that is required is the official Thai government birth cert (translation) and the hospital birth cert (translation)with the fathers name recorded and all certified by a solicitor and Consulate and an Irish passport will be issued.

• Like 1

If you want your child born in Ireland then you should be aware of the flight rules for pregnant women. Some airlines don't allow women over 6 months pregnant to fly. This gives you a window of a couple of months to finalise your plans.

Best way forward to get her here is by her getting a spouse of Irish Citizen visa.

It would be very tricky for her to get a tourist visa for Ireland. Probably a waste of time and energy.

Remember when she applies for the spousal visa she will have to show that she can reside here without recourse to public funds......what resources does the OP have ?

I d'ont know of any of the Laos population living here...might be wrong.....there is a small but strong Thai community here...they have a website

www.thai-ireland.com

Best of luck went through it all before.....Mrs is from Dansai not far from the Laos border.