Police May Have A Lead In Bangkok Chinatown Fetus Case, More Reports Of Crying Baby Noises

webfact

Police may have a lead in Chinatown fetus case, more reports of crying baby noises

babies.jpg

The six fetuses on display at Plabpachai Police Station. Photo: Moddum TV screenshot

BANGKOK: -- Police may have a lead in the case of six dead fetuses confiscated from a British-Taiwanese man in Bangkok’s Chinatown.

A woman in Pathum Thani filed a report earlier this month that the body of her miscarried baby was lost. She said that she had authorized a hospital to perform a funeral for the five-month gestated baby and hospital workers told her that they left the body in a bag in front of an undertaker’s room with THB400, according to ThaiRath and Khaosod.

The undertaker, however, said that he never saw the fetus and didn’t know anything about it. Monks at the temple where he works said they hadn’t seen the fetus either. The location of the fetus is still unknown and police are investigating.

More reports of people hearing the babies crying have come to light as well. Four police officers working the night shift Plabpachai Station said they heard crying noises and whispers coming from the evidence cabinet where the six fetuses were kept. Female police officer Jittima Thongchai gave the babies an offering of red Fanta soda and drinking yoghurt, and several police swore they heard a whispering voice say “the white chubby lady is very kind” in response.

The superintendent and officers at the station said they are not afraid of ghosts, but that they want to show their respect. As the Thai saying goes, “you may not believe in ghosts, but don’t disrespect them,” the superintendent said. People in the neighborhood of the police station were initially not allowed to pay respects to the fetuses, but when police relented people brought milk, garlands, and more red Fanta as offerings.

Warning: Graphic images/Video

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...ng-baby-noises/

-- COCONUTSBangkok 2012-05-31

footer_n.gif

Related topic

Thai police arrest Brit with foetuses for black magic

http://www.thaivisa....or-black-magic/

I just wonder if I red carefuly this story ..... ghosts of foetus ? crying foetus ? is it a joke or what ? I have heard a lot of non sense here but that one is the best ....

An English language daily reported that the foetuses were originally found because people heard babies crying in a hotel room and called the police, who then discovered them.

I just wonder if I red carefuly this story ..... ghosts of foetus ? crying foetus ? is it a joke or what ? I have heard a lot of non sense here but that one is the best ....

An English language daily reported that the foetuses were originally found because people heard babies crying in a hotel room and called the police, who then discovered them.

From what I read, people in the neighbouring rooms of the Taiwanese man arrested at the hotel, complained to staff about the noise of crying babies. The staff then called the police. The police searched the room and didn't find any babies, but did discover an extra key on the Taiwanese suspect which led them to a room in another hotel where they found the foetuses.

In this day and age where every Tom, Dick and Somchai has a mobile phone capable of recording video isn't it surprising that no one bothered to record this phenomenon. I guess they would say something along the lines of "I was so surprised that I didn't think to do it" when in all reality it is because you cannot record figments of the imagination.

As for the thai saying that "you may not believe in ghosts, but don’t disrespect them" this sounds like a christian saying if you don't believe in Christ then who are you to question the validity of whatever I say.

To those with any imagination we all know it is utter nonsense !!!

JAF

In this day and age where every Tom, Dick and Somchai has a mobile phone capable of recording video isn't it surprising that no one bothered to record this phenomenon. I guess they would say something along the lines of "I was so surprised that I didn't think to do it" when in all reality it is because you cannot record figments of the imagination.

As for the thai saying that "you may not believe in ghosts, but don’t disrespect them" this sounds like a christian saying if you don't believe in Christ then who are you to question the validity of whatever I say.

To those with any imagination we all know it is utter nonsense !!!

JAF

"More reports of people hearing the babies crying have come to light as well. Four police officers working the night shift Plabpachai Station said they heard crying noises and whispers coming from the evidence cabinet where the six fetuses were kept. Female police officer Jittima Thongchai gave the babies an offering of red Fanta soda and drinking yoghurt, and several police swore they heard a whispering voice say “the white chubby lady is very kind” in response.

The superintendent and officers at the station said they are not afraid of ghosts, but that they want to show their respect. As the Thai saying goes, “you may not believe in ghosts, but don’t disrespect them,” the superintendent said."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif !

-----

And these are the guys with guns... w00t.gif

Jesus H Christ, but this is scary - and not the ghost bit! giggle.gifermm.gif

-mel.

• Like 1

I understand the the tendencies to laugh and joke about things one doesn't understand but how about a little respect when it comes to dead and beliefs that help people mourn. People'd beliefs and they way they show respect to the dead shouldn't be ridiculed unless you consider these people somehow not deserving of the same respect you likely give westerners that may also believe in things and have rituals that defy logic and science and have throughout history resulted in the deaths of millions because of these illogical beliefs.

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

I understand the the tendencies to laugh and joke about things one doesn't understand but how about a little respect when it comes to dead and beliefs that help people mourn. People'd beliefs and they way they show respect to the dead shouldn't be ridiculed unless you consider these people somehow not deserving of the same respect you likely give westerners that may also believe in things and have rituals that defy logic and science and have throughout history resulted in the deaths of millions because of these illogical beliefs.

<deleted>? clap2.gif

Another believer in scientific non-proof. There is no way you are Buddhist, my son... ;)

Nothing wrong with respect for the dead, don't get me wrong; but for you to suggest that we don't believe in things that defy logic or rituals or deaths because of illogical beliefs?

Nope, we generally don't believe in things that defy logic - it's called Bull Shit.

Rituals are for the insane.

Deaths because of illogical beliefs? How about Sun Yat-Sen, who believed he was the brother of Christ himself, or how about the illogical beliefs of Thaksin Shinwatra who believed that drug takers were out to get him, so he slaughtered 2,000.... for a bit of attention.

Get real,..... your post is poop, for once! sad.png

-mel.

My bad Nisa, agreed! Sorry.

My post was not at all directed at you because until you posted this, I had no idea what "phoethai" meant but your post made me look it up. wai.gif

We all make joke about inappropriate stuff and the more inappropriate often the funnier but just found this to be a sad story in terms of the mother's missing fetus she wanted to have a funeral for as well as the neighborhoods who felt saddened and wanted to pay respect. But very sad this mother likely had a double emotional blow to deal with in terms of losing a baby basically twice.

Edited by Nisa
  • Like 1

<deleted>? clap2.gif

Another believer in scientific non-proof. There is no way you are Buddhist, my son... wink.png

Nothing wrong with respect for the dead, don't get me wrong; but for you to suggest that we don't believe in things that defy logic or rituals or deaths because of illogical beliefs?

Nope, we generally don't believe in things that defy logic - it's called Bull Shit.

Rituals are for the insane.

Deaths because of illogical beliefs? How about Sun Yat-Sen, who believed he was the brother of Christ himself, or how about the illogical beliefs of Thaksin Shinwatra who believed that drug takers were out to get him, so he slaughtered 2,000.... for a bit of attention.

Get real,..... your post is poop, for once! sad.png

-mel.

You should work harder on comprehending what you are responding to instead of being determined to get your panties in a bunch over things not said or even suggested.

• Like 1

My post was not at all directed at you because until you posted this, I had no idea what "phoethai" meant but your post made me look it up. wai.gif

We all make joke about inappropriate stuff and the more inappropriate often the funnier but just found this to be a sad story in terms of the mother's missing fetus she wanted to have a funeral for as well as the neighborhoods who felt saddened and wanted to pay respect. But very sad this mother likely had a double emotional blow to deal with in terms of losing a baby basically twice.

I made the word up.

I made the word up.

You made up a word that translates into embryo (be it in Chinese) ... http://en.glosbe.com/nan/en/phoe-thai / http://zh-min-nan.wi.../wiki/Phoe-thai

Edited by Nisa