Fiance Visa To Australia

Hi all,

We are in the middle of puting together our Fiancee visa application ( sub class 300 ) and I have a few questions

1. My fiancee has just organised the police check, she picks it up on June 13, I beleive the medical has to be done after we submitt our application ( in about 3 weeks ) , Is this right?

2. We are intending to submit 4 form 888s along with lots of other personal statements attesting to the genuineness of the relationship, is this too many?

3.I have heard about form 80 ( personal particulars for assessment including character assessment ) , Do we need to fill this out for this particular visa

4. My fiancee is getting certified translations of her birth certificate and house papers, anything else she needs? ( she has never married and has no children )

5.I know the website states 8 to 10 months processing time, but what is the latest time from personnel experience?

6. WE also intend applying for a 3 month tourist visa at the same time, ( due to the long processing time ) Can anyone see a problem with that?

Thank you in advance

Wazzi

Edited by wazzi

A completed form 80 (if requested by the department).

See: Form 80 Personal particulars for character assessment

(I had to submit a Form 80, and found it a pain in the back side, but there is no harm preparing yourself in case it is asked for)

I personally would wait until DIAC ask you to submit your medicals because as with the Police Clearance Certs, they only have a 12 month life span.

Regarding your 888's, you have given them the choice, and that should be more than sufficient.

Someone will guide you with regards to time frames, I came into Australia on a PR 309 from the UK so a different ball game.

My own feeling is to wait until you have been allocated a Case officer and inform her of your Tourist Visa plans, but if you are lodging off shore then you have to be off shore to validate the visa.

Translations: Does your Fiancee have to translate her passport.? (I have no idea)

Enclosing the Checklist for a 300 Visa http://www.immi.gov....0-checklist.pdf.. Just ensure that you have gone through it meticulously keeping a few copies as well.

Good luck

Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 1

1. yes

2. 888 forms and others.....quality of application not quantity.....the required number of 888's with a couple of extra statements is sufficient

3. Form 80......only submit if asked for by the embassy

4. Time frames........the actual time for processing is less than stated by DIAC....however, each application is different and times can vary, most are done in less than 6 months according to reports on here.

5. Translations.....any Thai documents submitted will need to be translated

6. Yes you can apply for tourist visa during the application process, however this may delay the application process and the partner will need to be in Thailand for the visa grant. Discuss it with the case officer as suggested

Edited by gburns57au

1. yes

2. 888 forms and others.....quality of application not quantity.....the required number of 888's with a couple of extra statements is sufficient

3. Form 80......only submit if asked for by the embassy

4. Time frames........the actual time for processing is less than stated by DIAC....however, each application is different and times can vary, most are done in less than 6 months according to reports on here.

5. Translations.....any Thai documents submitted will need to be translated

6. Yes you can apply for tourist visa during the application process, however this may delay the application process and the partner will need to be in Thailand for the visa grant. Discuss it with the case officer as suggested

You dont necessarily have to be in Thailand for the visa grant, you are just required to be off shore.. so NZ, Indonesia , Thailand etc etc.. so long as the Case officer is aware of your whereabouts and state of play.

Edited by edwinclapham

Hi all, Thanks for the replies,

Just a couple of extra ones.

1. Regarding the medical, how soon after submitting the application would she be able to do it? As she lives near Nong Khai, we are making the trip to Bangkok to submitt the application. We are staying a few days and had hoped to do the medical whilst there. would this be possible or is it a while beforeit can be done.

2.How soon is a case officer appointed? Re discussion about tourist visa, we were hoping for this straight away so that roughly 3 months after the application my fiancee would be back in Thailand ready for any interveiws or other recquirements. I had heard of others doing it this way.

Cheers Wazzi

Hi all, Thanks for the replies,

Just a couple of extra ones.

1. Regarding the medical, how soon after submitting the application would she be able to do it? As she lives near Nong Khai, we are making the trip to Bangkok to submitt the application. We are staying a few days and had hoped to do the medical whilst there. would this be possible or is it a while beforeit can be done.

2.How soon is a case officer appointed? Re discussion about tourist visa, we were hoping for this straight away so that roughly 3 months after the application my fiancee would be back in Thailand ready for any interveiws or other recquirements. I had heard of others doing it this way.

Cheers Wazzi

There is no urgency to submit the medicals before submission of your application and your nearest panel DIAC Medical Centre for Nong Khai would be. YHou will need a letter from your Case Officer coupled with a Case Number to give to your Medical Officer. This is then teamed up with your application.

Udonthani

Medical and Radiology Clinic

Aek Udon International Hospital

555/5 Posri Road

Amphur Muang

Udonthani 41000

Telephone: </span> </span> </span>+66 42 342 555</span></span> </span></span> </span>

Fax: +66 42 341 033

Doctor(s):

Dr Suchat Piyaviwatana

Dr Pinij Vechapanich

Dr Rapin Wongsuwannakit

As I said 12 months is the validity period, so it really is upto you if you want to take your chance and of course if the time frames are favourable. Medicals dont come cheap so personally I would wait until asked to do so.

Appointing of Case Workers time frames in Thailand... pass, I will leave it to members who have recently submitted their applications.

Kind regards

Eddie
Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 1

http://www.thailand....e Feb12_Eng.pdf

Australian Embassy Bangkok

Visa and Immigration Office

37 South Sathorn Road Bangkok 10120

Telephone +66 2 344 6449 • Facsimile +66 2 344 6341 • Website: www.thailand.embassy.gov.au

APPLYING FOR A PARTNER MIGRATION VISA

Prospective Marriage(temporary) - Subclass 300

Have a good read on the above link ..

What happens after I have lodged my application with the Australian Visa Application

Centre (AVAC)?

Once you have lodged your application with AVAC, it is forwarded to the Australian

Embassy in Bangkok. AVAC issues you with a receipt of your payment, acknowledgement

letter and tracking number so you can track your application.

Who will assess my application and how long will it take?

Once we receive your application it is allocated to a case officer immediately. However the

time taken for applications to be assessed fluctuates based on the number of applications

received at any one time by the department. The current timeframe for initial assessment is

approximately 10-12 weeks from the time your application is allocated to a case officer. Once

your application is assessed, your case officer will contact you or your authorised

agent/recipient by letter or e-mail informing you of any additional documentation/interview

required to complete your application including a request to initiate the medical examination

process.

All applications for migration are assessed in the order they are received by this office.

What is the health/medical examination process?

You and members of your family unit must undergo health examinations, including

all children under the age of 18 years as well as dependants who may not live with you,

even if they are not migrating. If you or any of your dependent relatives do not meet health

requirements, you may not be granted a partner category visa.

As above your case officer will provide you with a “Health Assessment” letter (by email, mail

or fax). The Panel Doctor will need to see this letter as part of the medical examination

process and you should take the letter with you when you go to the Panel Doctor for your

examination.

Edited by edwinclapham

G"day. I recently went through this process. My fiancé submitted application early sept last year with all the correct paperwork/ translations ready to go.

Within 1 week application acknowledgement letter emailed and case officer assigned.

After 12 weeks case officer called my fiancé for phone interview then requested medical and emailed letter for the doctors. This included her daughter even though she was not on the application.

Medical carried out and case officer acknowledged app is ready for the decision maker but may take 8 weeks plus due to backlog.

We waited 4 weeks, but my fiancé was heavily pregnant at the time so I called the case officer and pleaded that I wanted my child born here .

Decision received within a week or so. Just got her on the plane b4 she would be too pregnant to fly.

Married within first week, sent the partner visa app to Perth with the marriage cert, and that was granted within a week so I got her on Medicare.

I was very lucky. About 4 and a half months, so not too bad if you have a complete app and a bit of luck

• Like 2

Thanks guys,

Mitch that is very encouraging, Thats what we are hoping for, Without the pregnanmcy issues, :-) glad it all worked out for you

I will Pm you for more info

Regarding the relationship statements, as well as the 888 forms, do the other statements have to be istat decs or just signed by the writer with contact details?

This is certainly a very time consuming procedure!

Thanks Wazzi

You dont necessarily have to be in Thailand for the visa grant, you are just required to be off shore.. so NZ, Indonesia , Thailand etc etc.. so long as the Case officer is aware of your whereabouts and state of play.

I stand corrected.......

I stand corrected.......

I know that the applicant has to be offshore for the visa grant but I don't understand why.

Apart from the obvious "because DIAC say so", I would really like to know why DIAC have

this requirement and what it achieves because I can't think of anything.

It seemsto me like a costly and futile requirement. A bit like the 90 day reporting they have in Thailand, IMO.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

I stand corrected.......

I know that the applicant has to be offshore for the visa grant but I don't understand why.

Apart from the obvious "because DIAC say so", I would really like to know why DIAC have

It seemsto me like a costly and futile requirement. A bit like the 90 day reporting they have in Thailand, IMO.

Regards

Will

Because DIAC need to make a decision on whether or not to grant the visa for entry to Australia prior to arrival?

I stand corrected.......

Regards

Will

I guess it could be that....

1) If off shore DIAC are processing the visa then I guess it stands to reason that they complete the submitted application from A - Z . Your appointed Case Worker (if lodged off shore) is dealing with the application and why put the their case load onto another Case Worker on shore.

2) It takes the pressure off DIAC on shore.

3) There is a different price tariff for applications on and off shore.

I wouldnt compare it to 90 day reporting in Thailand at all. Once you have your visa grant in this case a PMV leading to subclass 309 etc, then you will eventually be entitled to your PR and citizenship eventually. Much more civilised.biggrin.png

Edited by edwinclapham

I stand corrected.......

Regards

Will

I guess it could be that....

1) If off shore DIAC are processing the visa then I guess it stands to reason that they complete the submitted application from z - Z .

2) It takes the pressure off DIAC on shore.

3) There is a different price tariff for applications on and off shore.

I wouldnt compare it to 90 day reporting in Thailand at all. Once you have your visa grant in this case a PMV leading to subclass 309 etc, then you will eventually be entitled to your PR and citizenship eventually. Much more civilised.biggrin.png

In answer to your points 1: Yes, but what has this to do with being offshore? Why can't they grant even if she is in Australia. What's the difference?

2: The visa can still be granted offshore.

3:I'm only talking about the granting of the visa, not the processing.

It shouldn't matter whether the application is processed onshore or offshore,

the visa should still be able to be granted regardless of whether the applicant

is in Australia or not IMO.

I'm only comparing it the 90 day reporting as both seem to be a wast of time and money.

You haven't convinced me.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

I stand corrected.......

Regards

Will

Because DIAC need to make a decision on whether or not to grant the visa for entry to Australia prior to arrival?

Why?

What difference would it make if she's already in Australia?

Regards

Will

90 day reporting is 90 day reporting ... pretty repetitive I would have thought.

I received my visa (PR) very easily no fuss which led to my citizenship (again no fuss)... unlike Thailand where you go through the hoops.

If Miss Jones your case officer in Bangkok has completed your paperwork would like to grant you your visa, she has to do substantial checks beforehand to ensure all is in order I would have thought hence the conditions are you are off shore.

Yes, it would also in my books mean a flick of button to issue a visa grant wherever one is in the world but rules are rules and I actually prefer "Aussie Rules lol) than the Thai rules.

90 day reporting is 90 day reporting ... pretty repetitive I would have thought.

I received my visa (PR) very easily no fuss which led to my citizenship (again no fuss)... unlike Thailand where you go through the hoops.

If Miss Jones your case officer in Bangkok has completed your paperwork would like to grant you your visa, she has to do substantial checks beforehand to ensure all is in order I would have thought hence the conditions are you are off shore.

Yes, it would also in my books mean a flick of button to issue a visa grant wherever one is in the world but rules are rules and I actually prefer "Aussie Rules lol) than the Thai rules.

Eddie

You seem to be missing the point about me comparing the 90 day report to being offshore for a visa grant.

I'm not comparing how easy it is to get PR and the citizenship in Australia. I am saying both,having to be offshore

for a visa grant and the 90 day reporting are IMO, a waste of time and money. Both are beaurocratic bullshit.

So using your example of Miss Jones in Bkk, why can't she do all of the checks and then grant the visa regardless

of where the applicant is? Saying "rules are rules" is a bit of a cop out I reckon.

I'm still to be convinced why, people are say in Australia on holiday, have to leave the country just to get a visa granted. I reckon it's absurd.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Eddie

You seem to be missing the point about me comparing the 90 day report to being offshore for a visa grant.

I'm not comparing how easy it is to get PR and the citizenship in Australia. I am saying both,having to be offshore

for a visa grant and the 90 day reporting are IMO, a waste of time and money. Both are beaurocratic bullshit.

So using your example of Miss Jones in Bkk, why can't she do all of the checks and then grant the visa regardless

of where the applicant is? Saying "rules are rules" is a bit of a cop out I reckon.

I'm still to be convinced why, people are say in Australia on holiday, have to leave the country just to get a visa granted. I reckon it's absurd.

Regards

Will

Why dont you take it up with DIAC.. You could change the finances and lives of thousands !!.

It is a forum fgs, if it worries you so much seek a professionals advice.. my previous posts were just my thoughts, and not trying to sell anything to anyone ok!

I would add, that it might well be bureaucractic bullshit, but if one is waiting / and or applying for a visa I for one qouldnt question it lol.

Following like sheep comes to mind.... come back and give me DIAC's answerbiggrin.png

Edited by edwinclapham

Eddie

Regards

Will

Why dont you take it up with DIAC.. You could change the finances and lives of thousands !!.

It is a forum fgs, if it worries you so much seek a professionals advice.. my previous posts were just my thoughts, and not trying to sell anything to anyone ok!

There's no need to be a knob mate.

Yes, it's a forum and I am expressing my views and questions.

I didn't say it worries me. I just cannot see the point of it,

and was wondering if anybody could.

If you don't know the answer,no probs, but don't get shitty and

shoot the messenger.

BTW, I didn't say you werre trying to sell anything.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Eddie

Regards

Will

There's no need to be a knob mate.

Yes, it's a forum and I am expressing my views and questions.

I didn't say it worries me. I just cannot see the point of it,

and was wondering if anybody could.

If you don't know the answer,no probs, but don't get shitty and

shoot the messenger.

BTW, I didn't say you werre trying to sell anything.

Regards

Will

As a true English gent would say ":thank you for your opinion" and have a good daybiggrin.png

Eddie

Regards

Will

I would add, that it might well be bureaucractic bullshit, but if one is waiting / and or applying for a visa I for one qouldnt question it lol.

Following like sheep comes to mind.... come back and give me DIAC's answerbiggrin.png

People used to be able to travel to Oz on tourist visa then apply for bridging visa whilst applying for Fiance Visa onshore; I believe this is no longer available due to abuse of the "system". However, unless you have alreay done so there is a visa wizard on the immigrtation website that I just completed for you by way of example go to http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/#vw=%23a_results

I you wish to complain about the visa policy you need to approach your local MP, but I would think a complete waste of time

• Like 1

The whole system is one bullshit step after another, yet if you jump on a boat as a refugee, no worries.

About tourist visas leading to spouse visa etc. recently a colleague of mine had his TG out here on a TV for 6 months, the visa magically did not have a 8503 condition on it.

They had decided to get married some time into the visit. The visa was however due to expire. My friend put the wheels in motion for a partner visa, first they met with an immigration officer to discuss options on where to go next with the visa. They recommended , applying for a extension to the tourist visa until arrangements were made, this was done and immediately his fiancé went onto a bridging visa A.

My friend booked the wedding and was preparing partner visa application .my friend was very busy with work commitments and could not marry straight away. Meanwhile the tourist visa extension came through for a period of 4 weeks extra, but with one big problem, a 8503 condition.

A horrible outcome. They got married, however partner visa must be now completed offshore.

You could say my friend was too slow getting the partner visa in, but that's crap, it's the little germ in immigration who put an 8503 on a visa that originally had no conditions .

Anyway long story, but immigration are definitely getting tighter. Have all your ducks in a row early as you can. If your lucky enough to get a no 8503 condition, act quick

HI ALL,

Very interesting comments, and Mitch I agree with you, But ,,

Can anyone tell me if the relationship statements ( Not form 888 ) need to be witnessed or certified

Cheers Wazzi

HI ALL,

Very interesting comments, and Mitch I agree with you, But ,,

Can anyone tell me if the relationship statements ( Not form 888 ) need to be witnessed or certified

Cheers Wazzi

Witness Statements on Form 888 – Statutory declaration by a supporting witness relating to a partner visa application. (You must have at least 2)My advice is to choose independent witnesses first who are Australian citizens (next best Australian Permanent Residents) and then go for the odd relative or two if possible. While more is not always better you may add a few extra 888’s if you are a little short on the subjective proof to follow. You do not need to flood DIAC with 888 forms!

These can be stat decd by looking at the following .

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf which gives you a list of people authorised to do so.

Yes I know,

However I am under the impression that as well as a couple of 888 decs I need a few other supporting statements from friends and family, Is this correct or do I only need the 888s

Thanks Wazzi

Yes I know,

However I am under the impression that as well as a couple of 888 decs I need a few other supporting statements from friends and family, Is this correct or do I only need the 888s

Thanks Wazzi

Have you been through the checklist?

Yes I know,

Thanks Wazzi

You only need the 888 forms, to be filled in by family and friends,along with copys of their passports and filled in by someone on the list,at least 2 as said,you can as i did also give them,letters from friends translated,,thai or ouzzie,just make sure they give a copy of their ID,or passport,you and your ladys letter to confirm time together.just signed and dated by you both,we did ours by hand.

we gave them 4, 888 forms plus letters to support FOR another matter..

CAT

On the matter of going to oz on the tourist visa,if they contact you for something that they or you miss placed,and they want it and its in thailand and she is in oz,what would you do.

mine was more complicated than yours,ME id wait till it comes through,buts thats me.

Edited by catwho

Thank you all for your replies, I have been going through the checklist and I think we have it all sorted, just waiting for the police report ( due on June 13 Apparently ) and then my fiancee will organise all the translations, Meanwhile I am sorting photos andcopying my documents, The plan is to submitt it all on the 27th.

Catwho, the reason for the tourist visa was to break the long waiting period during processing, I can not get back to Thailand this year due to work and 8 months is way too long to be apart, I know it is a small period compared to the rest of our lives, but still very hard to take. Hoping to get aTV and leave straight away so that my Fiancee would be back in Thailand when the file finally gets looked at , and then she would be available for any questions, interveiws etc.

Cheers Wazzi

Thank you all for your replies, I have been going through the checklist and I think we have it all sorted, just waiting for the police report ( due on June 13 Apparently ) and then my fiancee will organise all the translations, Meanwhile I am sorting photos andcopying my documents, The plan is to submitt it all on the 27th.

Catwho, the reason for the tourist visa was to break the long waiting period during processing, I can not get back to Thailand this year due to work and 8 months is way too long to be apart, I know it is a small period compared to the rest of our lives, but still very hard to take. Hoping to get aTV and leave straight away so that my Fiancee would be back in Thailand when the file finally gets looked at , and then she would be available for any questions, interveiws etc.

Cheers Wazzi

again as i said before ,very hard for thais to understand questions on the form ,before u submit,get your lady to take the time out to go to bkk on the thursday from 1pm to cc tower,to take what u have and see the lady who will tell you what u need or what is missing she is from the embassy.it saved me time [her advice] that is..unless you are having it done by agent.

the check list is criticul.but you must also read,as i did the front of the form

[many times for it to sink in].

When all was said and done my case officer after about 2.1/2 months sent it off to oz for consideration,its been a month and am waiting for result.

your not that far gone are you where you carnt wait to have things done properly.

which may save you time in the end.

cat

Cheers Wazzi

again as i said before ,very hard for thais to understand questions on the form ,before u submit,get your lady to take the time out to go to bkk on the thursday from 1pm to cc tower,to take what u have and see the lady who will tell you what u need or what is missing she is from the embassy.it saved me time [her advice] that is..unless you are having it done by agent.

the check list is criticul.but you must also read,as i did the front of the form

[many times for it to sink in].

When all was said and done my case officer after about 2.1/2 months sent it off to oz for consideration,its been a month and am waiting for result.

your not that far gone are you where you carnt wait to have things done properly.

which may save you time in the end.

cat

Good advice by cat.

Wazzi, I don't want to "rain on your parade", but, you have been informed by DIAC

recently that they will not issue an more toursit visa's for your girlfriend.

As you are submitting an application for a partner visa, they MAY relax this decision

but another tourist visa is no certainty, so keep that in mind.

Regards

Will