Umbilical Hernia

SEO

Sriphat medical center, Chiang Mai university.

Chiang Mai Ram hospital.

Yes

Both are good.

Last year I had the same which developed from lifting my dog into and out of the back of my pick-up truck. I eventually had the operation in Sriphat. Done deal.

My only comments :

1. When the ward nurse came to prepare me - he shaved the wrong area. I told him that the hernia was in the location of my navel and not my groin. He went scuttling off to check with the nursing station and came back a little sheepish.

2. Not sure if they use a body mass ratio to calculate the post-op pain killer, or what - but for sure they got mine wrong. Post-op, I awoke in agony and they had to top up the 'morphine' before I was comfortable.

Please PM me if you require further details as I have experience of both of these and other hospitals

Edited by Gladiator

Sorry, but I don't know medical terminology, so this may be a dumb question, is this for a baby or an adult? My son had a hernia operation that went well. I'll give you the name of the doctor via PM once I find it if you're interested in that.

Sriphat medical center, Chiang Mai university.

One year ago I had this operation done in Sriphat. Two nights in the hospital, everything went fine, guess with my "new" one I would win any navel-gazing contest ...

Maybe it is just me but I would be more concerned with the quality of the Doctor.

I have had a bad experience at each of the two mentioned hospitals and a good experience at Sriphat

Both times it was the Doctor not the institution.

• Like 1

I'll be interested to hear of any new recommendations for gastroenterologists in CM, if anyone has any good ones.

Does this help

GASTROINTESTINAL

Dr. Ekacai Paiboonworachat

Chiang Mai RAM Hospital

053 920300

Myself I would like to find a professional dietician in Chiang Mai.