Invoice From Limited Company Vs Thai Individual

I have a Thai Limited Company selling diving DVDs. I sell to about 25 dive shops and give them a tax invoice from my limited company. The company is not VAT registered because the turnover is too low.

I am thinking of closing the company and cancelling my work permit and letting my friend sell the DVDs to the shops as a "sole trader". She's a Thai national.

Do you think any shops would have a problem with invoices from a Thai sole trader (with no company stamp) as opposed to a limited company? In other words from an accounting viewpoint, is an invoice from a Thai sole trader just as valid for a company to use to show an expense as an invoice from a limited company?

Thanks!

I can't answer your question but your post raises a question for me.

You say you have a WP but the company is not VAT registered. How did you get the WP without the VAT registration? When I tried a couple of years ago, Immigration would not give me the necessary visa. Without that, I couldn't get the WP. Just curious.

I can't answer your question but your post raises a question for me.

You say you have a WP but the company is not VAT registered. How did you get the WP without the VAT registration? When I tried a couple of years ago, Immigration would not give me the necessary visa. Without that, I couldn't get the WP. Just curious.

VAT registration was never mentioned by the labour department and I get non-B visas no problem in Kuala Lumpur with a sponsorship letter and documents from my non-VAT company.

Can anyone answer the question about invoicing?

Nick

Your friend needs to be registered as a Sole Proprietor.

Sole Proprietors should use their own name, address (and ID?) in any document they issue, or in every document issued to them.

As long as they are recognizable, and registered, there will be no problem for the buyers to have payments made to them as an expense.

Edited by ~G~

Your friend needs to be registered as a Sole Proprietor.

Sole Proprietors should use their own name, address (and ID?) in any document they issue, or in every document issued to them.

As long as they are recognizable, and registered, there will be no problem for the buyers to have payments made to them as an expense.

Thanks very much ~G~, that's very helpful.

Do you know where she would register as a Sole Proprietor? Would that be the same office we go to get new company papers ("commercial office")? Is there a registration fee?

Nick

Hi,

As I understand, you need at 2 mil baht co.,ltd. etc. for getting w/p + 1 year visa.

BUT for w/p only, 1 mil is enough, and then just do visa runs.

Normally expenses paid to a privat person simply need a copy of the check or the pay in slip and the bill.