Bills not aimed at getting Thaksin his money back: PM

Lite Beer

Bills not aimed at getting Thaksin his money back: PM

So therefore there is no problem in dropping these bills as of course they are in reality according to your comments, they are in reality not needed Madam Prime Minster.

Or is the case that the megalomaniac hell bent on extracting revenge at any price Dubai puppet master won't let you and his cronies drop these self serving bills.

To paraphrase a popular movie title ''Kill The Bill (s).''

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I had 86 billion baht worth of assets before I entered politics, but they stole 46 billion from me," Thaksin said.

Really? ermm.gif That's not what he said before. dry.png Not even remotely close. bah.gif

Thaksin is either lying now or he lied in 2001.

Which occurrence would he prefer to be prosecuted for?

the asset declarations of Thaksin and his then-wife Pojaman back in 2001 were Bt569 million and Bt9.96 billion, respectively.

http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry3372545

I think you are failing to take into account those assets held by his children, the maid, gardener, chauffeur, secretary, cook, window-washer, mechanic, their children and spouses, and 1001 other nominees.

Could this be the reason the money laundering bill has a much lower priority?

• Like 2

Would you believe anything that comes out of a Shinawatra mouth?

The PM doesn't know what is in the bills? Why is she PM if she doesn't know?

The bills will end conflict? If that is the case, why is there people apposing it so vigorously? And will conflict in South end too?

It really is quite inconceivable that Yingluck thinks it's okay to admit that she doesn't know what's in the bills, as she hasn't even seen them, and yet, at the same time, she can recommend that the people of Thailand blindly accept them. Can someone please tell her what a PM is supposed to do when assuming power....!?

Of course bill is NOT about getting Thaksin his money back.ermm.gif

It is about white washing and bringing Thaksin back, so he will take himself not only this money but triple the amount, plus the interestthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

quote:

"She also asked all to respect the democratic process and the voice of the majority."

unquote,

should read like:

She also asked all to respect the democratic process and the voice of the "well paid" majority.

Of course the bills are not intended to get back his money. The modifications are intended to better the lives of all Thais. I haven't read them, but I know that.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif can't be better....

"Bills not aimed at getting Thaksin his money back: PM"

If this is really a statement from the PM, it shows what she really thinks.... that is, the money is 'his money' rather than the nation's money, as determined by the courts.

If the PM didn't mention his 'ownership' of the money when speaking in Thai, it's just a terrible, inaccurate headline.

Of course the bills are not intended to get back his money. The modifications are intended to better the lives of all Thais. I haven't read them, but I know that.

Yeah sure, I believe in Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus

Edited by givenall

What a liar. She needs beaten with her mulberries for lying like this. Thaksin just said in a video chat he wants the money (from graft) back. What an insult to anyone with even a fragment of a brain. She wants the money to as it will benefit her and her family to try and maintain their little chinese-thai dynasty.

I have read about some negligent and corrupt politicians in history, but the absurdity of this current admin is beyond all levels of selflishness, cronyism, lies and deceit.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

" I advise everyone to carefully consider the content of the bills."

So she's taken the time to read it?

Evidently not. Paragraph 5 of the OP says she hasn't even seen them yet. How can the Prime Minister pontificate on a subject she knows only from her advisers interpretations? Might not they be biased?

quote:

"She also asked all to respect the democratic process and the voice of the majority."

unquote,

should read like:

She also asked all to respect the democratic process and the voice of the "well paid" majority.

PTP does not have a majority and they never will.

Would you believe anything that comes out of a Shinawatra mouth?

The PM doesn't know what is in the bills? Why is she PM if she doesn't know?

The bills will end conflict? If that is the case, why is there people apposing it so vigorously? And will conflict in South end too?

It really is quite inconceivable that Yingluck thinks it's okay to admit that she doesn't know what's in the bills, as she hasn't even seen them, and yet, at the same time, she can recommend that the people of Thailand blindly accept them. Can someone please tell her what a PM is supposed to do when assuming power....!?

At the end, the basic question is:Is there even the slightest interest to report the air vibrations the vocal cords of this parrot emit since they are totally void of any significance?

quote:

unquote,

should read like:

PTP does not have a majority and they never will.

If they pay enough they will

• Like 1

Right, Yingluck we believe you....NOT.

Sat. Thaksin in a video address to the Red Shirts:

"They should know that hurting Pheu Thai means hurting the Thai people who chose us," Thaksin said. He insisted the 46 billion baht seized from him after the coup had been legally obtained.

The coup-appointed Assets Scrutiny Committee's investigation led to the Supreme Court ruling in 2010 to seize the money after finding the former premier had abused his power to benefit his family's telecom business.

"I had 86 billion baht worth of assets before I entered politics, but they stole 46 billion from me," Thaksin said.

Without any shame he made this statement. Thaksin..It is Thai Peoples money not yours you did not pay Tax and the Government took it. Man up man.

The court stole his money? Maybe he is referring to the snack box full of cash his lawyer was busted trying to bribe court officials with?

That is another charge he will have to answer for if justice is ever done.

Not likely to happen with a wannabe model pretending she is running the country.

"I haven't seen the reconciliation bills but I believe every bill will benefit all groups of people."

I cannot think of one moment on TV where I have been left truly speechless until I read the line above. Literally my mouth fell open and I had to read it again to be sure. The very idea that a PM would say such a thing will immediatly make her the laughing stock of the entire worlds governmental leadership. I am honestly at a loss to convey my astonishment at this revelation. I want one, just one of the red apologists on here to defend her statement. Come along Messers Handsford, PhiPhidon, PhilW and the rest of you. Your absence on this thread is already noted, are you also absolutely gobsmacked by this admission from the PM?

"Isn't it too soon to judge that the reconciliation bills will specially benefit someone? I advise everyone to carefully consider the content of the bills. " Yingluck said.

I respectfully suggest to the PM that before telling the people to carefully consider the contents of the Bill, she should consider the contents herself.

Absolutely unexpectedly mind blowing!

I concur with the mind-blowingness of her hare-brained comments, but it does make sense in the following context:

Any legislation oozing down from PT stems from her brother, who she and cohorts don't even pretend is not leading the show. Brother T can do no wrong. Brother T is alpha male in the Chinese style family, so money is almighty - and anything that leads to garnering more money is useful. All else is pap. Legalities, honesty and fairness are silly quaint notions that only pantywaist wimps give any heed to.

In a nutshell: Any and all PT edicts (whether she's read them or not) are sacrosanct.

• Like 1

As mentioned in post 47, The statement about the courts decision against him, would seem to be another chargable offense. Add to the charges awaiting his physical presence, and the sentence still to serve, it would seem the man does not know when to quite digging.

He seems to have gone into a self destruct mental mode of late, which some profossesionals had alluded to severl months ago. With all the utter nonsense/lies he has uttered, irresposible/immoral actions and decisions, he may qualify for addmitence to the looney bin with the rest of his brothers in arms..

" I advise everyone to carefully consider the content of the bills."

So she's taken the time to read it?

No, she's goes on to say that she hasn't actually read them herself but advises everyone else to do so. Maybe someone could read them to her at the hairdressers or the beauty parlour or during the flight on one of her overseas trips? She also says she has been told they will benefit everyone so presumably that means her and her brother too.

• Like 1

Really? ermm.gif That's not what he said before. dry.png Not even remotely close. bah.gif

Thaksin is either lying now or he lied in 2001.

Which occurrence would he prefer to be prosecuted for?

the asset declarations of Thaksin and his then-wife Pojaman back in 2001 were Bt569 million and Bt9.96 billion, respectively.

http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry3372545

I think you are failing to take into account those assets held by his children, the maid, gardener, chauffeur, secretary, cook, window-washer, mechanic, their children and spouses, and 1001 other nominees.

Could this be the reason the money laundering bill has a much lower priority?

It was estimated his fortune grew several times during his tenure as PM and that true his assets prior to that were circa 10 billion baht, although of course he claimed he could hardly afford a pot to piss in.

Edited by bigbamboo

Its a shame the country keeps getting dragged back to the past by Taksin. The best thing that could happen is for the country to forgot about Taksin and move forward and on.

I agree it is a shame we keep getting back to this, but how does the country move forward? In terms of stability it would be good if the Democrats and possibly Abhisit were back in power, but is that really the way forward, or is that just burying the head in the sand and sticking with the traditional set up of power, which has arguably contributed to the dissatisfaction we have in the society now? I dont know what the answer is.

Like it or not, but i believe that many ordinary people of all political and apolitical positions have had their eyes opened in recent times, to the corruption, money grabbing and self serving attitudes of many politicians. I am not sure people will simply accept a return to status quo in the long run, and the next big political issue whether it be in 5-10 or even 20 years, could be far more severe unless a viable and acceptable solution is put forward by someone.

A political scene minus the Swinawartras is going to be a better one for Thailand, the country can't move forward with them trying to hold it to ransom.

• Like 1

Pheu Thai MP Chavalit Wichayasut said he agreed with such ideas but it must be emphasised that it was not Yingluck who had proposed the reconciliation bill although the government is 100 per cent behind the proposal.

So the government is 100% behind this proposal which should mean to include PM Yingluck who is known to stand firmly behind anything her government does. Loyalty is such that she doesn't even need to read difficult and boring papers, that others will do for her. When is the next photo-op upcountry or abroad ?

To answer myown question: The PM may have felt a need to reschedule her activities and get away from it all

Thailand Live Sunday 2nd of June #12

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will visit Phayao to inspect Royal development projects at Kwan Payao Lake today to deal with water problems. The news prompted local authorities to hurriedly prepare a welcoming ceremony for her."

They should just make it clear that Thaksin will not receive his money back and whether or not he will benefit from this Reconciliation Bill just as PTP Samart suggested. The Democrats and PAD's main argument right now is about Thaksin so if it was made clear to the public that it will NOT benefit Thaksin then you've just taken the bullets out of the gun. IF the government is really doing this for the PEOPLE, that minor little set back for one man shouldn't be higher priority. Then again, we all know what this is all about or can someone prove me wrong about my observations using the bold sentence as a starting point.

• Like 1