Bangkok A-z Street Map In English?

sonic_11uk

Hello gang!

I'm looking for a Bangkok A-Z street map in English language and was really hoping someone can make a recommendation for a good one.

How do they work with the sometimes different ways so spelling the same roads and places?

For example, Chatujak and Jatujak.

Cheers!!!

Hello gang!

I'm looking for a Bangkok A-Z street map in English language and was really hoping someone can make a recommendation for a good one.

How do they work with the sometimes different ways so spelling the same roads and places?

For example, Chatujak and Jatujak.

Cheers!!!

this map is cool ,IMO..ThinkNet | Thailand Map & Atlas | Discovery Thailand | MapMagic ...

http://www.thinknet.co.th/

and about "different ways so spelling " u can't blame us Thai , sometime its hard to convert TH to Roman..

we can spell TH to some Eng. words ..but obviously its same place

if u dont want to be comfused.. learn TH lang , then

I've acquired MapMagic for Bkk already, big thanks to a very kind fellow board member. It's ok, but it doesn't have great detail to smaller sois.

Incidentally, when I said:

"How do they work with the sometimes different ways so spelling the same roads and places?

For example, Chatujak and Jatujak."

It was in reference to how the directories work, not Thai people...

Cheers!!!

Edited by sonic_11uk

I have these maps that BambinA referenced, what I am looking for is a GPS device in English to use when I get lost on the back roads trying to avoid traffic in areas I seldom go in. Like in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Rayong and Hai Hin for example.

Any ideas where to pick up a GPS device in English Hey?

I bought digital maps on disc, one covered Bangkok and the other the rest of Thailand. Both were put out by Map Point Asia and sell for around 400 Baht, if my memory serves me. You should be able to find them in any IT mall or bookstore.

They have some very unique and useful features, including search tools to find roads or points of interest, such as embassies, postal offices, etc. Not only will it autolocate the point on the map but it will give you an address, too. You can notate using pushpins, too.

The Bangkok map will show you every soi there is. You can even turn on buildings, subcategorized as commercial and residential, and it will provide the building names in the map, too. The software allows you to filter the graphics displayed so that you can choose the amount of detail you want to view. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow you to save any custom filter sets.

Many other features, too.

Here's some sample snapshots and various zoom levels and using different filters:

post-13265-1136801550_thumb.jpg

post-13265-1136801613_thumb.jpg

post-13265-1136801664_thumb.jpg

Does it have detailed maps of BKK/Thailand - website doesn't seem to mention them/have an english option?

The maps are pretty detailed, alot of Points Of Interest, I'm still messing around with it so I haven't quite learnt all I can do with it yet, Yes they have English and Thai versions, the Thai one is cheaper as you don't get the North US maps or some extra bits and bobs in the box.