Rotavator - Rice Paddy

What is the price to buy a new motorised rotavator for the rice paddy ... assume standard type used by a typical Issan (not well off) family for normal sized land holding say 5 paddy fields. Sorry can't be more specific but that's all I know so far.

What you are probably seeing in the fields is a two wheeled walk behind tractor....it pulls plows, discs, harrows, and similar farm type stuff but usually does not have a rotovator attachment. Kubota does make a rotavator that looks almost exactly like these tractors....it uses the same motor and a similar looking chasis but you can not remove the rotavator to do regular tractor like work. I've never seen one of these rotovator anywhere except for sale at the dealership. Anyway since the two wheeled walk behind is almost assuredly what you want, I have put a link below to another thread where I describe buying one.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...35091&hl=kubota

Edit: after rereading my post on buying the Kubota I noticed an error. The top of the line model which has all of the extra gadgets and deluxe features should have been quoted at 59,800 baht.....instead of the incorrect figure of 57,900 baht......sorrrrrrrrry!!

Edited by chownah