Bt1.6 Billion Sought For Vocational: Thailand

webfact

Bt1.6 billion sought for vocational

The Nation

30183490-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- More than Bt1.6 billion will be sought by the Office of Vocational Education Commission (Ovec) for the hiring of nearly 9,000 teachers for the 2013 academic year.

Secretarygeneral Chaipreuk Sereerak said 8,936 new teachers would be hired to cope with a longstanding shortage problem.

In addition to more manpower, vocational colleges also need more funds for teacher training. For example, many teachers are unable to instruct students how to fix flatscreen televisions even though the technology is widespread.

Vocational schools also lack instructional media and hitech equipment for teaching, Chaipreuk added.

Furthermore, most vocational students come from poor families and cannot afford to buy Bt2,000 worth of equipment for learning. Many end up dropping out, Chaipreuk said.

Ovec, which is creating a manpower plan for when the Asean Economic Community comes into effect in 2015, had earlier submitted a budget request for the hiring of teachers and to provide students with equipment, but was refused.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-05

The prospects for vocational students isn't all bleak, however, due to Yingluck's government's other wonderful plans for them:

Every student should have a tablet PC by May

The government's One Tablet PC Per Child policy will be fully implemented by May, Education Minister Woravat Auapinyakul pledged yesterday.

"We will try to give tablet PCs to all students in primary and secondary school," he said, adding that vocational students would also get the tablets.

http://www.thaivisa....t/#entry4912852

and

THB 15,000 salary payment for civil servants to be postponed to 2014

The Cabinet during yesterday's meeting decided to complete the implementation of the THB 15,000 salary base for civil servants with a bachelor's degree by January 2014 as well as adjust salaries of other types of employees upwards .

The minimum salary of civil servants with bachelor degrees will be raised to THB13,300 in January 2013 and to THB15,000 in 2014.

Those holding high vocational diplomas and vocational diplomas will be paid THB10,200 and 8,300 respectively in 2013. Their salaries will increase to THB11,500 and 9,400 in 2014.

The budgets required is THB5 billion in the first year and THB7 billion in the second year.

"Ovec........ had earlier submitted a budget request for the hiring of teachers and to provide students with equipment, but was refused."

Not a huge amount of money, but it's all been budgeted for more important things, such as tablets for 6yo, rice subsidies, taxi credit cards, and all the other failing populist schemes.

• Like 1

"Ovec........ had earlier submitted a budget request for the hiring of teachers and to provide students with equipment, but was refused."

Not a huge amount of money, but it's all been budgeted for more important things, such as tablets for 6yo, rice subsidies, taxi credit cards, and all the other failing populist schemes.

How much money had Ovec previously requested or is it perhaps that you don't even know and are purely using this thread, as you do each and every news thread on TV, as a platform to launch your own personal attack on anything red/ Thaksin related ad nauseum?

A post that suggested others were on someone's payroll (paid to post) as well as personal attack in nature has been removed. If you have any actual evidence please forward it to support. If it's just a lame debating tactic, further references like that may find you without posting rights.

And who would teach him...there are no spare teachers biggrin.png

That's kind of the point. Higher quality vocational training is what Thai industry is crying out for... but they (governments) do not provide what's needed.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

I don't doubt that but I do doubt that the current issues Thailand faces are purely as a result of the latest Thai Government's incompetence and not a combined effort by a long string of equally corrupt and incompetent Governments.

I also doubt that continual childish finger pointing is beneficial to anyone, least of all the people of Thailand, but let's face it they come a distant second in favour of smearing s**t on the faces of opposing MPs.

It is blatantly ridiculous to berate the current Government for the fact that there isn't a higher number of better trained vocational teachers - how long have they been in office? Is there any single issue that Thailand faces that any previous administrations are responsible for?

When I read things like this why is the first word that comes in to my head ...Graft...! sick.gif

Exactly, it seems there is money for everything illeagle, but no money for education. If some people in the government stopped traveling the world maybe there would be some money at least

How much money had Ovec previously requested or is it perhaps that you don't even know and are purely using this thread, as you do each and every news thread on TV, as a platform to launch your own personal attack on anything red/ Thaksin related ad nauseum?

Does it matter how much they asked for previously? I happen to be a supporter of the technical education system having had a lot to do with the NSW version. and I certainly see ANY improvement in the Thai education system as a vastly better form of expenditure than the populist vote-buying garbage this lot espouse, and that includes tablets for 6yo children.

Is it too much to ask when B400 billion per year is spent supposedly propping up a rice subsidy scheme when most of it will be pilfered before reaching farmers?

That's kind of the point. Higher quality vocational training is what Thai industry is crying out for... but they (governments) do not provide what's needed.

I don't doubt that but I do doubt that the current issues Thailand faces are purely as a result of the latest Thai Government's incompetence and not a combined effort by a long string of equally corrupt and incompetent Governments.

I also doubt that continual childish finger pointing is beneficial to anyone, least of all the people of Thailand, but let's face it they come a distant second in favour of smearing s**t on the faces of opposing MPs.

It is blatantly ridiculous to berate the current Government for the fact that there isn't a higher number of better trained vocational teachers - how long have they been in office? Is there any single issue that Thailand faces that any previous administrations are responsible for?

"It is blatantly ridiculous to berate the current Government for the fact that there isn't a higher number of better trained vocational teachers..."

Well they just refused a middling sum to hire more, so who should we blame?

"It is blatantly ridiculous to berate the current Government for the fact that there isn't a higher number of better trained vocational teachers..."

You've just posted that you have no idea how much money was asked for and now this is a "middling sum" - how much is middling exactly?!

Does it matter how much they asked for previously? I happen to be a supporter of the technical education system having had a lot to do with the NSW version. and I certainly see ANY improvement in the Thai education system as a vastly better form of expenditure than the populist vote-buying garbage this lot espouse, and that includes tablets for 6yo children.

Is it too much to ask when B400 billion per year is spent supposedly propping up a rice subsidy scheme when most of it will be pilfered before reaching farmers?

If you don't know then how can you label it not a huge amount of money?! Do you even know what Government rejected the previous budget request???!!!

Seems ridiculous that you could launch on such a rant when you are not in possession of all the facts, yet refer to them as if you are and deliberately ignore the fact that if there is such a massive shortage of teachers this is a direct result of the system inherited from the previous administration.

You've just posted that you have no idea how much money was asked for and now this is a "middling sum" - how much is middling exactly?!

D'oh Take a look at the headline, Lightning. Bt1.6 billion sought

Now look at your question to me, re how much they asked previously.

If you don't know then how can you label it not a huge amount of money?! Do you even know what Government rejected the previous budget request???!!!

Seems ridiculous that you could launch on such a rant when you are not in possession of all the facts, yet refer to them as if you are and deliberately ignore the fact that if there is such a massive shortage of teachers this is a direct result of the system inherited from the previous administration.

Does it matter how much the previous request was or who rejected it? The thread is about THIS government refusing THIS amount NOW

Ferangled - It is blatantly ridiculous to berate the current Government for the fact that there isn't a higher number of better trained vocational teachers...

OzMick - Well they just refused a middling sum to hire more, so who should we blame?

Ferangled - You've just posted that you have no idea how much money was asked for and now this is a "middling sum" - how much is middling exactly?!

OzMick - D'oh Take a look at the headline, Lightning. Bt1.6 billion sought

Now look at your question to me, re how much they asked previously.

Ferangled - Now you're being deliberately obtuse! No one has refused this budget request. The previous budget request was rejected. You reference that rejection in your posts, and the amount as "middling" but clearly have no idea as to the actual figure, or even who rejected the previous budget request.

Does it matter how much the previous request was or who rejected it? The thread is about THIS government refusing THIS amount NOW

This government hasn't refused this amount now!!! Now you're claiming that this recent request for 1.6 billion baht has been refused... check the OP again.

The short answer is no, you don't know the amount that was refused previously or it seems even whether or not it was rejected by this Government or even the status of the current budget request...

I only picked this, the amount you commented on without any knowledge of, as an example to show how quick you are to jump on any news thread to spout the same single minded anti PTP drivel, to the extent that the actual thread/ news story becomes irrelevant, as do the facts.

The thread is not about "this government rejecting this offer" as that is not the case. It's about a new budget request and mentions a previous request that was rejected, for how much and by whom we are not told but you just fill in the blanks as you go...thumbsup.gif