Sex Trafficking Special On National Geographic Channel

gk10002000

Just watched a show on the NGC about Thailand and sex trafficking. They focused on the alleged Uzebekistani led ring. They went to Bangkok then Pattaya. The Bangkok hotel was shown but I could not recognize the Pattaya hotel. Very not nice people that run this sort of trafficking.

Very not nice people that run this sort of trafficking.

Sex is the Number one commodity and thus attracts the most disgusting people

water and food are the number one commodities for all people everywhere

i think i might understand what you are saying

but there is a huge hole in your logic

Very not nice people that run this sort of trafficking.

Sex is the Number one commodity and thus attracts the most disgusting people

water and food are the number one commodities for all people everywhere

i think i might understand what you are saying

but there is a huge hole in your logic

Yes in sex there is also a hole wink.pngcheesy.gif

Oke oke i forgot the word selling

Edited by MJCM

I like how when the first raid happened, I think it was the Grace Hotel, that the Bangkok Police didn't want to get involved and wanted to stay low. They're either chicken s***t cowards who can't or won't do their job or are being paid off by the Uzbeki Mafia.

Yeah right. These women are almost all willing volunteers. They're just targeting prostitutes.

Also, I have been all over the sex industry in Cambodia, Thai, etc. and I have never seen any women held against their will.

You have seen them just didnt know, but I agree that it's overblown and the default assumption seems to be any girl that gets a ride anyplace must be forced into it and thats simply not true. People are sent to places all over the world for crappy paying jobs, hookers are no different.

The assumption that when you see a girl who looks like she could walk away, that she is not being forced into it is also false. She may be theatened, her family ect , it just doesn't show.

You have seen them just didnt know, but I agree that it's overblown and the default assumption seems to be any girl that gets a ride anyplace must be forced into it and thats simply not true. People are sent to places all over the world for crappy paying jobs, hookers are no different.

The assumption that when you see a girl who looks like she could walk away, that she is not being forced into it is also false. She may be theatened, her family ect , it just doesn't show.

I think the sex trafficking nonsense is just another feminist byproduct. I don't believe one bit of it.

Yeah right. These women are almost all willing volunteers. They're just targeting prostitutes.

Also, I have been all over the sex industry in Cambodia, Thai, etc. and I have never seen any women held against their will.

As a farang you would be most unlikely to see the belly of the beast, you will almost certainly see the touristic side for view but that's about it I would guess. As for trafficing being a theory originated by feminists, I think you're probably a bit smarter than that!

Lots of men say that, it makes them feel better about themselves when they exploit poor people.

If you been all over Cambodia and you think all those young Vietnamese girls are willing participants I suggest you have a rethink.

It may well make a sex tourist feel better about himself, but to say that forced prostitution and human trafficking is rare is way off the mark.

Edited by Banzai99

Anyone who gets to know the Thai girls here will know for many it's a career choice, for some it's a way to meet a farang, and some it's desperation, which is sad but never have i heard of forced trafficking. Now if you're talking about the sex industry in London for example then you're closer to the mark. I don't know about Uzbeki girls, perhaps they are tricked into it.

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Anyone who gets to know the Thai girls here will know for many it's a career choice, for some it's a way to meet a farang, and some it's desperation, which is sad but never have i heard of forced trafficking. Now if you're talking about the sex industry in London for example then you're closer to the mark. I don't know about Uzbeki girls, perhaps they are tricked into it.

I've known many prostitutes in London but never a single one who was forced into it. They do it because it's easy money which they spend mostly on drugs and live off the welfare system. Most of the UK media is controlled by liberals especially in the BBC and C4 so you are only going to get biased bullshit sob stories from them.

I like how when the first raid happened, I think it was the Grace Hotel, that the Bangkok Police didn't want to get involved and wanted to stay low. They're either chicken s***t cowards who can't or won't do their job or are being paid off by the Uzbeki Mafia.

Yeah, they send in the Falang.

You are either walking around blind or you refuse to believe it is true to justify what you do with them. No one wants to be involved with trafficked women, so it is normal to say such things don't exist.

They (their handlers) usually take their passports when they enter Thailand and are not permitted to leave until their "debt" for travel expenses, or what they owed from before, and often them some, is paid off.

Of course there are plenty who do travel on their own free will, but don't think Thailand is not FULL of trafficked women, because you would be wrong. The same can be said for just about any other country.

While you are correct that the girls who go with foreigners are almost always there on their own free will, the sad fact is that many Thai girls are still trafficked. As foreigners we're just not usually exposed to them. From up country and mountain villages to various parts of Thailand, and exported to other parts of the world.

Many (not all) of the tiny low class brothels you see that are generally for Thais have trafficked / debt slave girls. You will find common tattoos on most of them that will identify who / what group "owns" them. It's easy to tell, just ask to see their ID card. If they have it on hand, they are free. If they can't produce it, the bar has it and keeps it until the debt is paid, or the girl is underage and is still probably a debt slave. I know a girl who worked on Soi 8 Theppist for several years until her debt was paid. Then she was free, got her ID, and went to work in a bar on Walking Street when she was 19. They started working her at the brothel around 14.

There is so much information out there on this subject I am honestly dumbfounded that it even has to be debated, especially in a place like Thailand with guys who live here.

Fact of the matter is, we live in an area of the world that has a dark side that is beyond the scope of what we as foreigners are comfortable thinking about. Thailand and surrounding countries have earned their nasty reputation and continue to traffic not only sex slaves, but labor slaves as well. To pretend it doesn't exist because we don't see it is very, very naive.

• Like 2

The problem is most all of the documantarys or U-Tube vids people see show regular prostitution not all but most , because the people making them simply don't know where to find the real thing , I have seen vids of kids playing on the beach assciated with child prostitution as if all kids on the beach are for sale , or gilrs lined up in Mexico as if they are all underaged slaves when they are not. People see this and it makes them wonder if it's really such a problem why are they showing me things that are not the problem. They go away thinking it must be because the actuall problem is so small they can't find enough of it to fill their vid or documentary. It's not that the problem is that small it's that the people making them are just not informed enough to find enough of the real problem to fill their vids.

I would disagree that an ID card shows they are not indentured ..... Passport yes, but plenty would have an id card so they can get into a hotel indentured or not. People confuse not being chained to a wall with being not enslaved.