Manchester United

redrus

Lets think positive......still 3 points clear and with a better goal difference.

Just hope Ferdinands injury is not too serious......dont want a repeat of last season with him and Vidic out :o

Might be worth giving Pique his chance now ?

Just beat Roma on aggregate and Arsenal this weekend then the injury situation might have cleared up.

Too true well said.

BT not here to upset anyone.

I'd have taken a 3 point lead at this time of the year, a few months back when Arsenal looked like they were going to get away with it. I think the weekend was a little dissapointing, but in the end a point is better than 0, which it could have easily been.

Hopefully, Ferdinand and Vidic will not be out for long, and I really do think that Pique should be given a chance, as he looks more assured in the centre than Wes Brown( who I think has had an excellent season at RB BTW).

Rio Could Make Roma Game

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Rio Ferdinand may well be fit in time for United's Champions League quarter final 2nd leg tie against Roma.

The United centre back sustained a foot injury during the 2-2 draw against Midddlesbrough on Sunday and despite scans on Monday showing that he had suffered no broken bones, Ferdinand had been expected to sit out the game at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

"Rio's scan was clear and we hope to have him on Wednesday," Fergie told a pre-match press conference on Tuesday.

redrus

Ferdinand played against Roma. United won 1-0 to move through to the semifinals. Ronaldo did not play in Wednesday's game and Rooney played sparingly (last ten minutes).

:o

Yeah, nicely through, a few worrying moments, but nothing of major concern. Good to see Gary Neville back playing again, along with Silvestre. Just need Vidic back, and at full strength.

As Chavy would say, "I can feel it in my bones....European Cup"

Now for another big game against Arsenal this weekend.

After the dodgy defensive display against Middlesborough it was pleasing to keep a clean sheet......albeit due to De Rossi's dreadful penalty miss !

Yes,great to see Mikael Silvestre and Gary Neville back after such long absences.

And a Champions League Quarter Final and we can afford to leave the likes of Ronaldo,Rooney and Scholes on the bench,plus Vidic and Evra not playing.

Should be two great games against Barcelona....lets hope Vidic is fit.

A job well done last night - a true team performance.

Giggsy improved after below par game against M'borough, Park showed an amazing turn of speed, Pique improved as the game wore on after a fairly tentative start, Tevez proved what a good value aquisition he is to the squad and Hargreaves worked his bl**dy socks off - and great to see you back Gary.

Bring on the Arsenal !

Fergie Delighted At Progression

Thursday 10th April 2008

Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to see United progress to the semi finals of the Champions League at the expense of Roma.

Leading 2-0 from the first leg in Rome, United set up a semi final tie against Barcelona with a 1-0 home win against the Italians at Old Trafford on Wednesday night courtesy of a 70th minute goal from Carlos Tevez.

"I think we had our moments in the first 25 minutes, their goal-keeper has made four fantastic saves," the United boss told Sky Sports after the match.

"Then they missed a penalty kick. That would have made a big difference to the game, I think, it would have made it a bit more nervous for us.

"But it's a European quarter-final and Roma are second top in the Italian league, you expect them to produce something in the game and I think they grew in confidence a bit.

"But I think in the main we've made some fantastic chances, their goal-keeper's had I don't know how many good saves at the end of the game.

"We are just pleased to be there."

Fergie eyes fitness boost

United boss looking forward to Gunners clash, live on Sky Sports 1

Sir Alex Ferguson believes the return of players such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes should help Manchester United against Arsenal on Sunday, live on Sky Sports 1.

The trio started Wednesday's UEFA Champions League clash against Roma on the substitute's bench and only Rooney made an appearance, coming on for the last 16 minutes.

Arsene Wenger did not have the luxury of being able to rest players on Tuesday as Arsenal lost to Liverpool, and Ferguson hopes his side could be fresher for the crucial showdown at Old Trafford.

"Games against Arsenal are always keenly-fought matches. There is never a lot in it," said Ferguson.

"I've managed to keep Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes all fresh for the game, so hopefully that will matter.

"It will be a great game, but we have to think of ourselves and make sure we're ready."

Strange

Park Ji-sung, Carlos Tevez and Owen Hargreaves came in for the 1-0 win against Roma and Ferguson was delighted with their performances.

"It's strange how things work out because two of my best players were Tevez and Park," commented Ferguson.

"Tevez has a great habit of scoring single goals in games where you have to get one at a vital time.

"My man of the match, though, was Hargreaves. He was absolutely fantastic.

"But quite rightly we trust in all of our squad because they are good players.

It tells me these players can play in any type of game."

Confident

Ferguson is also confident that he will have no injured players left on the sidelines by the time United face Barcelona in the Champions League semi-finals later this month.

He said: "We're looking forward to it, and hopefully by the time of the game we'll have a fully-fit squad to give us a chance.

"We're carrying one or two injuries that's making us change things around too many times at the moment.

"But (Darren) Fletcher, (Nemanja) Vidic and Nani are on their way back, while

(Louis) Saha has started training with us this week.

"So there are a lot of plusses."

redrus

Neville Thanks United Fans

Thursday, 10th April 2008

Gary Neville paid tribute to the United fans who cheered his every touch of the ball during his comeback against Roma.

The United defender played the final 15 minutes of the Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg tie at Old Trafford - his first game at senior level for thirteen months.

"The fans have always been great to me and they were tonight," Neville told MUTV after the 1-0 win at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

"Missing the end of last season was bad. I missed the Champions League quarters and semis, the Championship run-in and the FA Cup Final, so it's good to be back to help the team now.

"People kept asking me when I was coming back and it was a bit embarrassing. I'd try and give them a date and then it wouldn't materialise.

"But the fans have always supported me and gave me a good reception when I came on."

Speaking about the forthcoming Champions League semi-final dates with Barcelona, he added: "They're two unbelievable games to look forward to.

"Two clubs who play the game the right way. It'll be an unbelievable occasion to be a part of.

"Anyone who is a football fan will be tuning in."

redrus

FootyMAD's Arsenal match preview

By Footymad

Saturday, 12th April 2008

FootyMad attempt to assist you with their form guide as Manchester United take on Arsenal in a Premier League match on Sunday, 13th April 2008 at 16:00.

Footymad preview

History of the Manchester United v Arsenal fixture

Man. Utd. prepare to entertain Arsenal at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon, looking to continue an impressive record. The Red Devils are clearly on top, having won 54 and lost only 17 of the 95 games.

The most recent encounter between these two sides at Old Trafford was earlier this season, as they swept to an impressive 4-0 win in a F.A. Cup match.

For a detailed analysis of the head-to-head between the two sides, click here

Recent encounters between the teams:

2007/2008 Sat 16 Feb Man. Utd. 4-0 Arsenal FAC

2007/2008 Sat 03 Nov Arsenal 2 - 2 Man. Utd. PREM

2006/2007 Sun 21 Jan Arsenal 2 - 1 Man. Utd. PREM

2006/2007 Sun 17 Sep Man. Utd. 0 - 1 Arsenal PREM

2005/2006 Sun 09 Apr Man. Utd. 2 - 0 Arsenal PREM

2005/2006 Tue 03 Jan Arsenal 0 - 0 Man. Utd. PREM

2004/2005 Sat 21 May Arsenal 0 - 0 Man. Utd. FAC

Recent respective form guides

Manchester United have an excellent home record, winning five and losing just one of the last six games. These high-scoring games have yielded a total of 11 goals for the Red Devils, with 1 goals against.

Arsenal have an average recent record on the road, with two wins, two draws, and two defeats. A generous 10 goals have been both scored and conceded in this period.

Man. Utd. are currently sitting proudly at the top of the entire league, having collected 77 points from the 33 games played. Arsenal sit in a healthy 3rd in the league, and have picked up 71 points from their 33 games.

For a detailed analysis of team form guides throughout the leagues, click here

Current form guides: P W D L F A P

Man. Utd. 6 5 1 0 14 2 16

Arsenal 6 1 3 2 9 11 6

FootyMad's prediction ...

Man. Utd. may be coming up against a decent side in Arsenal, but I do believe that its going to result in a narrow home win for the Red Devils. Home Win

Sequence statistics:

Man. Utd. Won 4 successive home games.

26 games since last home draw.

Unbeaten run of 7 matches.

Arsenal 4 games since last away draw.

No win in the 3 most recent games.

redrus

Milan Moot Oliveira-Rossi Swap?

According to reports from Contracampo, AC Milan are interested in signing young Villarreal forward Giuseppe Rossi...

Rossi has proved to be a superb signing for the Yellow Submarine since arriving from Manchester United in summer, netting 11 Liga goals in 17 starts and four substitute appearances.

And at just 21 years of age, time is on the side of the youngster who has played top-flight football already in Italy, Spain and England.

It now appears that Milan are eager to bring the former Parma loanee back to Serie A, and are preparing a swap deal for that very purpose.

Brazilian forward Ricardo Oliveira is currently on-loan at Real Zaragoza, but this deal is set to expire at the end of the season. With the striker said to be interesting the Yellow Submarine, then, there could be a part-exchange on the cards.

However, Manchester United currently have a first option clause on their former forward, meaning that Milan may have a third party to contend with.

Said it before, if we let this lad slip from our grasp it will be a mistake of enormous proportions. This is a lad who knows the the game on the other side of the water already, he could be unlocking defenses in the CL for years to come and should be doing it for us....! :o I cannot believe Saha stays and he doesn't....!

redrus

Sir Alex Plans Summer Spend

Before his team’s showdown with Arsenal at Old Trafford, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he is prepared to add to his already formidable squad this summer. Ferguson’s desire to strengthen certain areas makes ominous news for United’s Premier League rivals, including today‘s opposition.

Ferguson augmented his lot with the purchases of Nani, Anderson, Carlos Tevez and Owen Hargreaves last summer, and all four have contributed to a thus far impeccable Premier League and Champions League campaign.

Nani has assisted more goals for Ferguson’s side than any other player bar Wayne Rooney in the Premier League this term, while the efforts of Anderson, Tevez and Hargreaves have also won plaudits. If Sir Alex has a similar Midas touch this summer in the transfer market, then Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool could be left in United’s shade next term.

Ferguson acknowledged that it represents a major step for any player to come to a club with the statue of Manchester United but is acutely aware that the players he signs, more often than not, relish the challenge.

Ahead of today’s clash with Arsenal, the discrepancies between the Red Devils and Arsene Wenger’s side could hardly be starker. While the Gunners have jaded in recent weeks, with their key personnel unable to sustain their majestic early season form, Ferguson’s strength in depth has allowed him to consistently roll out the changes, to the extent of resting Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney in the Champions League quarter final. Ferguson stated that it is this ability to freshen-up his side that has kept his side in better stead at this stage of the season.

Wenger, conversely has had to rely on the same band of individuals throughout the campaign and has seen his side stutter. Without the depth enjoyed at Old Trafford, the Frenchman has had to endure slumps in form of Emmanuel Adebayor et al.

Ferguson told skysports: "I don't need to spend, but I will. I think there is an area where we are short and we can stock up on that a bit.

It is not easy getting the best players here. But we have to because when you have a lot of quality in your squad you have to be absolutely correct on who you bring in.

A player has a chance to come to a club like United and he would say 'that's my challenge to be in the team.

That's what good payers do. I don't think I will bring in as many as last season and if we buy players it will probably be young ones.

Having a strong squad has helped Chelsea and us this season. Last season, we just didn't have enough.

This year Tevez, Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson have been really fantastic for us.

Those four players have made a big contribution to our season."

Peter Staunton @goal.com

redrus

I think United were a bit lucky,really.Arsenal dominated for long periods of the game.

But,quite often,that bit of luck is what can win you titles.

Feel sorry for Arsenal.They have played some great stuff this season but are going to end up with nothing.

Fergie: An Incredible Game

Sir Alex Ferguson described the win against Arsenal as an 'incredible' game.

United came from a goal down to win 2-1 at Old Trafford with goals from Christiano Ronaldo (penalty) and Owen Hargreaves but Ferguson admitted that it was torture watching from the dug-out.

"That was torture" the United boss told Sky Sports after the game.

"It was a big game today but we've got through it. The quality in the game today was outstanding.

It was an incredible game. Arsenal were the better team in the first-half. We were nervous and the passing was poor. But after they scored we were fantastic.

Van der Sar was superb. Arsenal were very unlucky not to get something from the game but we've still managed to win.

"We've got a week's rest now before the derby at Blackburn. We're three wins from the title."

Rio: Title Not Ours Yet

Rio Ferdinand has said that United's home win against Arsenal does not mean that they will definately retain the Premier League title.

United came from a goal down to beat Arsenal 2-1 at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon to all but right-off the Gunners title hopes.

However, Chelsea are only six points behind United and have a game against Wigan on Monday night to come. United are also still to visit Stamford Bridge so the Londoners do still have a chance of overhauling United's points tally.

"There are more points to be played for, the title is not handed out yet," United skipper Ferdinand told Sky Sports after the game against Arsenal.

"We have not many times been a goal down at home but we came back. We showed grit and determination and a great team ethic.

"We were fortunate with the penalty but in the second half we looked more like scoring."

To see the latest match photo's at sportbox.tv. Click Here

redrus

I think United were a bit lucky,really.Arsenal dominated for long periods of the game.

But,quite often,that bit of luck is what can win you titles.

Feel sorry for Arsenal.They have played some great stuff this season but are going to end up with nothing.

Never, Never, Never, Ever Feel Sorry for those "Gooners".. :o . :D . :D .

Well,what a bonus last night ! I always knew,one day,Emile Heskey would do something useful on a football pitch ! :D

Maybe a bit harsh on him as he's done OK for Wigan this season and did well for England when they beat Israel and Russia 3-0 last year.

But its almost time to start popping the champagne corks guys......United Champions again ! :o

Well, it looks like all but over now, hey boys. Although i won't give my congratulations until the fat lass is singing. :D

You leave are Mam out o this you....! :o

:D

redrus

Well, it looks like all but over now, hey boys. Although i won't give my congratulations until the fat lass is singing. :o

MrBoj, you can buy me a beer on the 26th when we take Chelskis home record. :D

Well, it looks like all but over now, hey boys. Although i won't give my congratulations until the fat lass is singing. :o

I'll have a teb on that one Mr T , score draw all the way :D .

Well, it looks like all but over now, hey boys. Although i won't give my congratulations until the fat lass is singing. :D

I'll have a teb on that one Mr T , score draw all the way :D .

You're on scouse, a pint on that one for sure. I'm going for a 3-1 win for United. :D

Cheers, mate got your message, phone must be playing up. :o

I notice that it's probably gonna be our Game ( West Ham ) that will ultimately win or lose Man Ure the League this year...

Ho, ho, ho, looking forward to it Gents, we're in a no lose situation, you beat us & Chelsea don't win the League, we upset you again & we can laugh our heads off for the whole Summer & beyond, again.. :o

:o

We'll just make do wiv da liccle Champions Weauge twophy den won't we. Didums....!

redrus

That certainly isn't cut & dry like you think..

Liverpool in the Final ??

I certainly don't think that would be cut & dry like you seem to think..

Anyway, after your " favour " for us last year in the last Game of the Season, i'd have no problem rolling over for you in this Game so you can win the League & Chelsea don't, happy days..

We'd probably have to roll over for you anyway, we've beat you the last 3 times we've played you after all.. :D

^ :o

FootyMAD's Blackburn Rovers match preview

By Footymad

Friday, 18th April 2008

FootyMad attempt to assist you with their form guide as Blackburn Rovers take on Manchester United in a Premier League match on Saturday, 19th April 2008 at 17:15.

History of the Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United fixture

Man. Utd. face a trip to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park at tea-time on Saturday, hoping to improve upon an average previous return from this fixture. Of the 51 games played, Red Devils have recorded 17 wins, and Blackburn R. have come away with 22 victories.

The most recent encounter between these two sides was just last season, in November 2006, with Man. Utd. inflicting a narrow 0 - 1 defeat upon the Rovers in a Premiership match.

For a detailed analysis of the head-to-head between the two sides, click here

Recent encounters between the teams:

2007/2008 Sun 11 Nov Man. Utd. 2 - 0 Blackburn R. PREM

2006/2007 Sat 31 Mar Man. Utd. 4 - 1 Blackburn R. PREM

2006/2007 Sat 11 Nov Blackburn R. 0 - 1 Man. Utd. PREM

2005/2006 Wed 01 Feb Blackburn R. 4 - 3 Man. Utd. PREM

2005/2006 Wed 25 Jan Man. Utd. 2 - 1 Blackburn R. LGEC

2005/2006 Wed 11 Jan Blackburn R. 1 - 1 Man. Utd. LGEC

2005/2006 Sat 24 Sep Man. Utd. 1 - 2 Blackburn R. PREM

Recent respective form guides

Blackburn Rovers haven't lost in their last six home matches, but have drawn four of them. A total of 10 goals have been scored by the Rovers in those games, with 5 conceded.

The Red Devils have had a decent run of form away from home recently, with an unbeaten run in the last six, four of them victories. Those games have seen the Red Devils pummel 14 goals, and let in 4.

Blackburn R.'s 51 points from 34 games sees them lie inside the top half of the table, in 9th position. Man. Utd. are currently sitting proudly at the top of the entire league, having collected 80 points from the 34 games played.

For a detailed analysis of team form guides throughout the leagues, click here

Current form guides: P W D L F A P

Blackburn R. 6 1 3 2 7 8 6

Man. Utd. 6 5 1 0 14 3 16

FootyMad's prediction ...

Man. Utd. are in great form out on the road, so much so that the Madmen confidently predict a comfortable three points from their visit to Blackburn R.. Away win

Sequence statistics:

Blackburn R. Unbeaten in the last 6 home games.

Not won in the 3 most recent games.

Man. Utd. Undefeated in last 9 away games.

9 games since last defeat.

Manchester United want to win the title at Stamford Bridge: Wayne Rooney ready to rub Chelsea's nose in it

Last updated at 09:19am on 19th April 2008

Wayne Rooney would love Manchester United to win the Barclays Premier League at Chelsea next weekend.

Should they claim three points at Blackburn today, United could travel to Stamford Bridge knowing victory would see them retain their title with two games to spare.

That would be the stuff of nightmares for Chelsea fans but a dream scenario for Rooney.

He said in the Daily Express: "If it was possible to win it at Blackburn, we'd take that but if we can win at Chelsea it would be great for everyone at the club, especially the fans.

"Another benefit would be that we could then rest a few players in the last two games if we have got through to the final of the Champions League."

To reach that final, United must first overcome Barcelona and Rooney cannot wait for Wednesday's semi-final first-leg trip to the Nou Camp.

"Barcelona are one of the best teams in the world and I'm sure it will be a fantastic game between two entertaining teams," he said.

"It is going to be one of the best semi-finals you could see, with some great attacking football. They have so many unbelievable players - (Thierry) Henry, Ronaldinho, (Lionel) Messi, Xavi, (Samuel) Eto'o - the list goes on.

"Messi's my favourite - for his age and the way he plays, he is brilliant."

However, Rooney believes even Argentina star Messi plays second fiddle to United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, who the striker hailed as greatest player to grace English football since the Premier League began.

Rooney said: "He has not just been the best player of the last two seasons, he's the best player the Premier League has ever seen - and that's including Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola, Eric Cantona, Dennis Bergkamp and Alan Shearer.

"Cristiano is rightly talked about as the best player in the world. I was surprised he didn't get the world player award last season. He's got to get it this time."

redrus

Carlos Tevez' 88th minute header rescued a point for United who dominated against Blackburn but found Rovers keeper,Brad Freidel in outstanding form.

An important point for United who are now three points clear,and with a better goal difference,of Chelsea who they play next weekend.

The Chelsea clash is sandwiched between two Champions League semi finals against Barcelona......exciting times !

And Vidic was back yesterday....a big bonus,although United didnt win.

Gracias Senor Teves

We didn't look in outstanding form last night, or was it 'cos we played against "Sparky's" Team - Blackburn sure looked like they knew how to play against United and Brad Friedel played an absolute blinder.

We'll take the point and give Chelski a bl**dy good game next weekend.

Meantime good luck for the game against Barca midweek..... :o