Manchester United

redrus

we'd hit the bloody woodwork 5 times and absolutely dominated ken. if villa hadn't bottled that yesterday you lot could and probably have come away with no points, never mind three.

You might have a point Stevie. The victory was in part thanks to a bit of a capitulation. But that said, it still required a bit of genius to make them pay. If you want to call that lucky then so be it. No different though from what Liverpool have done many times this season. You have been the come-back kings, and on most of the occasions when you have brilliantly fought back, it's also been thanks in no small part to some negative defensive play from the opposition - or if you like, "bottling it".

What goes around, comes around.

are you sure you're a united fan, rix? you're entirely too rational and reasonable.

Chaps, anyone know who the fella was that the Italian jumped into the Crowd to after the Goal on Sunday ??

I reckon it was his Dad, near the Tunnel, but my Pal says it was his Brother..

Did anyone else notice it or know ??

Chaps, anyone know who the fella was that the Italian jumped into the Crowd to after the Goal on Sunday ??

It was his dad, he also had a younger brother in the crowd.

He said it in the post match interview where he wasn't allowed to be presented with his bottle of champagne.

:o

The guy he ran to in the crowd was his dad Pasquale.

Pasquale said after the game: “It was like being in a dream. All these people celebrating Federico’s goal. I cried. He dedicated the goal to me. He won champagne for being man of the match and gave it to us.”

Boo Hoo :o

well played porto. wobble, wobble, wobble.

Yes porto played well, we played less so - looked tired. If we play the same in 8 days we'll be out. But I believe we will get the job done.

Stevie, up early for you. Can't sleep, worried about Chelsea tonight?

i'm always up early james. been out for a bike ride and a swim then at the work desk with a coffee by 9am.

no english team has ever won at porto's ground, so it'll be a big ask. i was just glad to see you lot looking nervous and disjointed again, thought beating villa might have got you back on track but it didn't appear so.

thought porto deserved at least a point as it goes, if not an away win. teams have worked out since liverpool won at old trafford that if you attack united through the middle they can be really rattled and got at. mister ferguson doesn't seem to believe in playing defensive midfielders.

I think recent results show just how much United miss Hargreaves.Carrick is a luxury player who is found wanting when opponents run at him.

But,too be honest,United havent played that great all season.Until the Liverpool match the results had been a lot better than the performances.

I really think United miss the influence of Carlos Queiroz.

To stand any chance of adding to their trophies this season the players are going to have to give 110% in the remaining games.....are you listening Ronaldo ?

Bad result that....

yes MS, but could have been worse. Anyways, a 1-0 away win will do nicely. Hopefully Rio and Berba will be back, don't know what Anderson's prob is but we miss his pace in the midfield.

you seen porto's home record? tough one that. i'd play fletcher as a holding midfielder in the away leg but i bet mister ferguson won't.

I think recent results show just how much United miss Hargreaves.Carrick is a luxury player who is found wanting when opponents run at him.

But,too be honest,United havent played that great all season.Until the Liverpool match the results had been a lot better than the performances.

To stand any chance of adding to their trophies this season the players are going to have to give 110% in the remaining games.....are you listening Ronaldo ?

they looked tired and stale with the exception of rooney,only had a day and a half off after aston villa and while they deserved the win through sheer persistence their defense is sorely missing something(ferdinand) and vidic is lacking confidence after the liverpool game.Evans(imo) is n't up to scratch either.good luck to them in the return leg,they will need it,and can still do it.

Bad result that....

yes MS, but could have been worse. Anyways, a 1-0 away win will do nicely. Hopefully Rio and Berba will be back, don't know what Anderson's prob is but we miss his pace in the midfield.

you seen porto's home record? tough one that. i'd play fletcher as a holding midfielder in the away leg but i bet mister ferguson won't.

That's probably why SAF has the record he has and you have the one you have :o

Bad result that....

That's probably why SAF has the record he has and you have the one you have :o

yeah well. it's clearly the reason that us, fulham, villa and porto were able to rip through that great big hole in front of your back four though, and probably the main contributor to your having conceded 10 goals in your last 4 games. or perhaps you don't agree.

Hargreaves is a good player but he's been out all season so,was he being missed when you were flying over the winter and up to a month ago? Now that the level of football has stepped up to Champions League standard,the right back position problem for United is now being exposed.Neville's long term injury has left him a shadow of the player he was,Wes Brown is still injured,De Silva with his all round pace and energy is out which leaves utility players filling in.For that reason,Sissoko was bombing on at every oppurtunity and had an exceptional game.

For all that,Porto must be congratulated for their performance and their strategy to attack instead of sitting back.

yeah well. it's clearly the reason that us, fulham, villa and porto were able to rip through that great big hole in front of your back four though, and probably the main contributor to your having conceded 10 goals in your last 4 games. or perhaps you don't agree.

1) Fulham? Hand ball, red card one penalty 10 men, obviously you didn't watch the second half. They did score a nice goal in the end.

2) Villa, as far as I remember we won the game

3) Porto, played well, missing Rio big time

4) while on the number 10, that's how many draws you have had thus far this year and will be the reason why you will come up short.

Then again Stevie, let's revisit your non-stop mouthing off at the end of the season when we can compare trophies.

Until then, be a good boy and run along now.

1) Fulham? Hand ball, red card one penalty 10 men, obviously you didn't watch the second half. They did score a nice goal in the end.

4) while on the number 10, that's how many draws you have had thus far this year and will be the reason why you will come up short.

Then again Stevie, let's revisit your non-stop mouthing off at the end of the season when we can compare trophies.

1. james, fulham deservedly beat you. maybe scholes and rooney should have tried not getting sent off, but that doesn't change the fact that fulham kept exposing the same weakness that we had done a week earlier, with bobby zamora and andy johnson popping up in the hole and running at your centrebacks.

2. villa should have been out of sight and would have been if martin o'neill had a clue and hadn't sat back removing an attacker for a defensive mid.

3. rio plays centre back. not defensive mid, where all your problems are originating at the minute. he's not the reason you were lucky to escape defeat last night.

4. you've conceded 10 goals in the last 4 games. this is a fact.

i haven't 'mouthed off' once really this season james, you'd know about it if i had. i've been particularly civil and generally objective. so drop the condescending 'run along' <deleted>, you're not smart enough lad.

the next 3 games are MASSIVE now

we really need to get it together

I don't see you getting it together in the next 3 games, you look like you will drop points in the league and be out of two comps.

Edited by Devil

1. james, fulham deservedly beat you. maybe scholes and rooney should have tried not getting sent off, but that doesn't change the fact that fulham kept exposing the same weakness that we had done a week earlier, with bobby zamora and andy johnson popping up in the hole and running at your centrebacks.

(You obviously didn't see the second half where we dominated and only because of their goalie, it wasn't leveled.)

2. villa should have been out of sight and would have been if martin o'neill had a clue and hadn't sat back removing an attacker for a defensive mid.

(if a could of should of, how many times have you won this season in extra time because the opposing manager did the same)

3. rio plays centre back. not defensive mid, where all your problems are originating at the minute. he's not the reason you were lucky to escape defeat last night.

(disagree totally, Rio adds stability to the whole team and why he considered one of the premier CBs in the league)

4. you've conceded 10 goals in the last 4 games. this is a fact.

(fact yes, but so is the fact that you have 10 draws on your record).

i haven't 'mouthed off' once really this season james, you'd know about it if i had. i've been particularly civil and generally objective. so drop the condescending 'run along' <deleted>, you're not smart enough lad.

(mouthed off - trolling, not much difference, your superior 'supporter' attitude is ever present) (when we play like <deleted>, I am the first to say it, when you play like <deleted>, its because you are a poor team or your guys weren't rested) Fact.

Sir Alex Ferguson laments Manchester United's fragility

"It was a terrible goal to lose when you are 2-1 up and seeing the game out," lamented the United manager"We only have ourselves to blame. It just exemplified the fragile nature of our defending at the moment"

Ferguson doubts that Ferdinand will be fit for the trip to Sunderland on Saturday and expects Evans to be sidelined for at least a week. Their absences could well be crucial.

"We were doing very well when we weren't losing any goals because we had a record to defend. Once we lost that first goal against Blackburn we have lost really bad goals thereafter. The hope now is to get a settled back four, not changing it and get things back to normal."

On last night's evidence, that cannot happen quickly enough.

"It was a terrible goal to lose when you are 2-1 up and seeing the game out," lamented the United manager"We only have ourselves to blame. It just exemplified the fragile nature of our defending at the moment"

Ferguson doubts that Ferdinand will be fit for the trip to Sunderland on Saturday and expects Evans to be sidelined for at least a week. Their absences could well be crucial.

"We were doing very well when we weren't losing any goals because we had a record to defend. Once we lost that first goal against Blackburn we have lost really bad goals thereafter. The hope now is to get a settled back four, not changing it and get things back to normal."

Thanks Devil, always glad to have Liverpool fans go through all the newspapers for us. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Devil, always glad to have Liverpool fans go through all the newspapers for us. Keep up the good work.

No problem James, it was in all the papers... thought since your manager said it you might actually agree? he also admits to his other blunder of switching dates to playing Villa too close to the Porto game...

Edited by Devil

Anyone see them 2 Manure fans the camera went to after Porto scored the 2nd that were laughing and joking they ought to be banned for life for such an act.

Anyway whats happened to Ronaldo he looks a shadow of last seasons player.

Word in da Hood is that his head's in Madrid... :o