PM Yingluck Goes To Parliament Under High Security

webfact

why do I support this government....because the people who are aware and intelligent as you state above voted for change....and I personally think change should therefore be given a chance...if Thailand is ever to move forward

I don't believe anyone supports a government simply because the people voted for it. I believe your support existed before the government was voted in. And i also believe that had another government been voted in, you wouldn't be spending all your time on here defending them, especially not in they were performing as badly as this lot.

In the UK, when people voted Thatcher back in, i didn't suddenly change my opinion and start spending hours of my time defending her or her government on the basis that she was the people's choice so she must be the right choice. In the same way, when people rushed out to buy the Teletubbies single and it hit the top of the charts, i didn't suddenly throw out all my old music and stock up on that sort of new crap. OK, music and politics are different things granted, but the point is, you don't have to follow the sheep, you don't have to think what other people think. Think for yourself why not? You can still respect democracy at the same time. And i respect the Thai electorate's choice of government. I just don't agree with it. Not that i would particularly agree with the Dems either i have to say. Certainly wouldn't defend them as tirelessly as you do the PTP.

Out of interest what area do you term the red heartland?

In general that would be, north and north east.

I agree rixalex don't follow the sheep, well you are part of the flock. I turn my own wheel, as for my wife from a red heartland yes...no chance of odds though some 260 seats from 500 were won by PTP were they not (memory guestimate)....but if you think she fits the Tvisa stereotype red you are sadly mistaken, as are many of the generalisations and insults thrown out by the Tvisa anti government crowd, perhaps that is where I have first hand experience, and frankly I find many of the disparaging comments offensive....but if I am not for the dems/anti government then by the grand logic of Tvisa anti government whingers, I am by default a red shirt PTP supporter!!! (Which I of course am not, but Tvisa has no middle ground as far as the government bashers go)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

smile.png Guys if I don't like the government in Thailand I don't have to be anywhere near the place. Rixalex, fair criticism I can accept, relentless persuit accompanied by a continuous stream of abuse and demeaning comments from foreigners who really have no place in Thai politics, well to me that is over the top......and Jim if we can get a run of governments no matter how poor, whereby a couple get voted out for poor performance, without any interference, then your children may just enter a political situation where the electorate are comfortable that they have a real say in the running of the country. Of course the more cynical may defer to the opinion that politicians never actually control a country.

My apologies to you all for being late, but I was outside Tilac bar in soi Cowboy watching the E12 football game Netherlands - Denmark. Good football, disappointing result.

Having read this post I'm replying to, I can only say that I do not have to like the Thai government to be near the place, I may just be here. Imagine the massive "Völkerwanderung" when all of a sudden people start moving because they don't like the government in the country they currently reside in. Half of the USA population would start moving amongst others.

Ayway with the help of the Army PM Yingluck made it into parliament. It may be my 'perverted' sense of humor to be somewhat amused having PM Yingluck being guarded by the army in order to safely get into parliament. Must be a combination of yellow and red shirts outside wink.png

Shows how the Army is making an effort

28 goal attempts and no goals...terrible....you'll be hoping for a draw in the GD/PT game I guess

why do I support this government....

but if I am not for the dems/anti government then by the grand logic of Tvisa anti government whingers, I am by default a red shirt PTP supporter!!! (Which I of course am not, but Tvisa has no middle ground as far as the government bashers go)

• Like 1

begin removed ...

but if I am not for the dems/anti government then by the grand logic of Tvisa anti government whingers, I am by default a red shirt PTP supporter!!! (Which I of course am not, but Tvisa has no middle ground as far as the government bashers go)

Terribly sorry to have to disagree here, old chap, but it's not 'not for the dems/anti governmentt' which makes you a red-shirt PTP supporter. It tends to be other type of statements, remarks, questions which do seem to indicate a tendency to lean towards the Pheu Thai (party list) and UDD.

IMHO the real (grass-root) red-shirts were fooled, taken by the nose, f_cked, etc., etc.

Anyway PM Yingluck made it into parliament even if she needed the army to help her smile.png

I agree rixalex don't follow the sheep, well you are part of the flock. I turn my own wheel, as for my wife from a red heartland yes...no chance of odds though some 260 seats from 500 were won by PTP were they not (memory guestimate)....but if you think she fits the Tvisa stereotype red you are sadly mistaken, as are many of the generalisations and insults thrown out by the Tvisa anti government crowd, perhaps that is where I have first hand experience, and frankly I find many of the disparaging comments offensive....but if I am not for the dems/anti government then by the grand logic of Tvisa anti government whingers, I am by default a red shirt PTP supporter!!! (Which I of course am not, but Tvisa has no middle ground as far as the government bashers go)

My goodness me, for someone who complains so much about other people whinging, you do an awful lot of it yourself.

• Like 1

why do I support this government....

Lovely the fact that you cannot see the difference......support the government, against the tirades from the Tvisa vitriolic brigade and their right to govern

Being a red shirt PTP supporter.......in my book not the same...as I have said above no middle ground for you guys...sad sad sad

smile.png Guys if I don't like the government in Thailand I don't have to be anywhere near the place. Rixalex, fair criticism I can accept, relentless persuit accompanied by a continuous stream of abuse and demeaning comments from foreigners who really have no place in Thai politics, well to me that is over the top......and Jim if we can get a run of governments no matter how poor, whereby a couple get voted out for poor performance, without any interference, then your children may just enter a political situation where the electorate are comfortable that they have a real say in the running of the country. Of course the more cynical may defer to the opinion that politicians never actually control a country.

My apologies to you all for being late, but I was outside Tilac bar in soi Cowboy watching the E12 football game Netherlands - Denmark. Good football, disappointing result.

Having read this post I'm replying to, I can only say that I do not have to like the Thai government to be near the place, I may just be here. Imagine the massive "Völkerwanderung" when all of a sudden people start moving because they don't like the government in the country they currently reside in. Half of the USA population would start moving amongst others.

Ayway with the help of the Army PM Yingluck made it into parliament. It may be my 'perverted' sense of humor to be somewhat amused having PM Yingluck being guarded by the army in order to safely get into parliament. Must be a combination of yellow and red shirts outside wink.png

28 goal attempts and no goals...terrible....you'll be hoping for a draw in the GD/PT game I guess

A 'red' card for 473geo making fun of the history of Thailand. Do some research into the history of various countries first.ermm.gif

Edit: add: BTW a wee bit of consistency would be appreciated wai.gif

"Guys if I don't like the government in Thailand I don't have to be anywhere near the place."

Edited by rubl

My goodness me, for someone who complains so much about other people whinging, you do an awful lot of it yourself.

The truth just rolls off the keyboard.......

A 'red' card for 473geo making fun of the history of Thailand. Do some research into the history of various countries first.ermm.gif

Oh god you have n't read the thread have you? we were talking about the football earlier....

Yes very entertaining game. Ops off topic,sorry

begin removed ...

Terribly sorry to have to disagree here, old chap, but it's not 'not for the dems/anti governmentt' which makes you a red-shirt PTP supporter. It tends to be other type of statements, remarks, questions which do seem to indicate a tendency to lean towards the Pheu Thai (party list) and UDD.

IMHO the real (grass-root) red-shirts were fooled, taken by the nose, f_cked, etc., etc.

Anyway PM Yingluck made it into parliament even if she needed the army to help her smile.png

She needed the army to show her the way to Parliament. rolleyes.gif

He is sitting in a glass house throwing boulders.
  • Like 1

Oh god you have n't read the thread have you? we were talking about the football earlier....

In my innocense I thought this topic was about 'PM goes to parliament under high security'. Somehow that doesn't seem to have any relation with football. Mind you, your "Guys if I don't like the government in Thailand I don't have to be anywhere near the place." may not reflect on Thailand, but only suggest you like this government.. That would make you a 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts' supporter, or at least condoner. All this only assuming that your remarks not only suggest, but actually mean you currently reside in Thailand. I for one am willing to believe so if you say so.

Roll it back on then.whistling.gif

He is sitting in a glass house throwing boulders.

A mere nothing compared to the daily avalanche we suffer

In my innocense I thought this topic was about 'PM goes to parliament under high security'. Somehow that doesn't seem to have any relation with football. Mind you, your "Guys if I don't like the government in Thailand I don't have to be anywhere near the place." may not reflect on Thailand, but only suggest you like this government.. That would make you a 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts' supporter, or at least condoner. All this only assuming that your remarks not only suggest, but actually mean you currently reside in Thailand. I for one am willing to believe so if you say so.

my fault Rubl led the thread all over the place and rixalex and his flock followed bless 'em

As for my comment you include above, suggests nothing more than it actually says, and makes no mention of where I currently live.......If I don't like the government I don't have to be anywhere near the place....is it so difficult to understand?

Roll it back on then.whistling.gif

No

my fault Rubl led the thread all over the place and rixalex and his flock followed bless 'em

As for my comment you include above, suggests nothing more than it actually says, and makes no mention of where I currently live.......If I don't like the government I don't have to be anywhere near the place....is it so difficult to understand?

If you phrase your remarks such that they can and easily will be interpreted in different and even not meant ways, why would you be surprised when that does happen? You may have noticed that most posters here are not really know for (or even likely to appreciate) posting philosophical questions.

So to conclude, 'If I don't like the government I don't have to be anywhere near the place' seems to have as much value as saying that "having watched a football match sitting in soi Cowboy doesn't mean I like the place"

If you phrase your remarks such that they can and easily will be interpreted in different and even not meant ways, why would you be surprised when that does happen? You may have noticed that most posters here are not really know for (or even likely to appreciate) posting philosophical questions.

So to conclude, 'If I don't like the government I don't have to be anywhere near the place' seems to have as much value as saying that "having watched a football match sitting in soi Cowboy doesn't mean I like the place"

More I would say.... I don't mind the landlord and I enjoyed watching the football in soi cowboy, however if I disliked the landlord enough I could easily watch the football at an alternative place

More I would say.... I don't mind the landlord and I enjoyed watching the football in soi cowboy, however if I disliked the landlord enough I could easily watch the football at an alternative place

You rephrase, but still say the same. Well, at least you're consistent

• Like 1

For many foreigners the fact they can go somewhere else is not the point, many visitors to the country be that tourists or expats have a great affection for Thailand (with all its strengths and weaknesses) and hope to see the lives of normal people improved, and offer suggestions and thoughts on that subject. In my case this has got nothing to do with 'being able to go elsewhere'. My best friends, and their kids and grandkids, are Thai and my concern is with their future welfare which I think is in jeopardy under this current "leadership".

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

Rather ironic someone that doesn't live in Thailand telling others that if they don't like the government that he supports (but doesn't have to live under), they should move somewhere else.

Perhaps ironic is not the right word...

• Like 2

For many foreigners the fact they can go somewhere else is not the point, many visitors to the country be that tourists or expats have a great affection for Thailand (with all its strengths and weaknesses) and hope to see the lives of normal people improved, and offer suggestions and thoughts on that subject. In my case this has got nothing to do with 'being able to go elsewhere'. My best friends, and their kids and grandkids, are Thai and my concern is with their future welfare which I think is in jeopardy under this current "leadership".

Perhaps you should read my "suggestions and thoughts" on the fact that I can accept criticism of the government, but not the manner it is frequently delivered

Rather ironic someone that doesn't live in Thailand telling others that if they don't like the government that he supports (but doesn't have to live under), they should move somewhere else.

I believe I said I didn't have to live here, which kind of explains why I don't feel the need to constantly criticise Thai governments

During her 45 minutes in Parliament, Yingluck was watched over by 10 soldiers from the Naresuan special company in addition to her regular bodyguards.

Wow, a whole 45 minutes? How did she fit in doing her PM job into her schedule? No lunch meeting at the Four Seasons?

I believe I said I didn't have to live here, which kind of explains why I don't feel the need to constantly criticise Thai governments

Terribly sorry for late reaction on this. A Sunday you know, relaxation, avoid stress, join a protest rather than fighting with TV posters, and so on.

You think you said you 'didn't have to live here', which of course only seems to suggest you might actually be living here, but not because you have to, perish the thought. All that clear speak of course explains why you don't feel the need to constantly criticise Thai governments.

No offence meant, may I ask if at some time in the past you've been a lawyer or politician?

From a political implication,having a armed guard is implying the opposition are dangerous,and could be Looked apon as dangerous potential asassins.

Yet another pathetic Spin,to cover up her own incompetance,and excuse for failing to attend to Thai Parlimentary business.

From a political implication,having a armed guard is implying the opposition are dangerous,and could be Looked apon as dangerous potential asassins.

Yet another pathetic Spin,to cover up her own incompetance,and excuse for failing to attend to Thai Parlimentary business.

All dictators are paranoid.

All dictators are paranoid.

Well yes, they should be Paranoid considering,most of the people of a Dictatorship,would slaughter them,given half a chance!