Inheritance Transfer

I wish to transfer an inheritance from UK to Thailand, i had considered HSBC but believe that they have withdrawn from Thailand. Does anybody recommend any other method. I will want to open a credit card and ATM facility.

Open a Thai bank account first, then transfer your sterling to a middle man ( currency trader ), I have used the FX firm for large amounts. For smaller amounts I just send Sterling from my English account straight to one of my Thai accounts. The Thai bank rates for accepting sterling via telex transfer are quite reasonable, but not for large amounts though.

Not an expert but this system works for me.

Regards

M

Open a Thai bank account first, then transfer your sterling to a middle man ( currency trader ), I have used the FX firm for large amounts. For smaller amounts I just send Sterling from my English account straight to one of my Thai accounts. The Thai bank rates for accepting sterling via telex transfer are quite reasonable, but not for large amounts though.

Not an expert but this system works for me.

Regards

M

Thank you, i have a Thai account so will look at that

Since it's probabbly a larger sum you better be carefull which side transfers into Thai bht ...... Some banks unless you tell them not to will do at their end and it makes a big difference on large sums of money. The other poster does is his way probabbly for that reason as well.

Since it's probabbly a larger sum you better be carefull which side transfers into Thai bht ...... Some banks unless you tell them not to will do at their end and it makes a big difference on large sums of money. The other poster does is his way probabbly for that reason as well.

you can also keep it in Pond. i recommend you do not chage to Bth at this time