Sandwash Teams/Providers In Chiang Mai (San Sai)

mallmagician

Im thinking about sandwashing approx 75 sq metres of land, however I do not know anyone that does this in the area.

Does anybody have any numbers or contacts of teams that concrete/sandwash areas. Some indication of price would help too.

An alternative, is someone laying coloured concrete. I would also be interested in contacts for doing this work?

Thanks

Edited by mallmagician

Hi, Thanks for that. Unfortunately, its an old thread, so prices will likely have changed, but it gives me a ballpark figure. At the higher end of those prices, it works out pretty pricey. I may be leaning more towards the coloured concrete route, if those prices for the sandwash at 750b/metre are right.

Cheers

Hi, Thanks for that. Unfortunately, its an old thread, so prices will likely have changed, but it gives me a ballpark figure. At the higher end of those prices, it works out pretty pricey. I may be leaning more towards the coloured concrete route, if those prices for the sandwash at 750b/metre are right.

Cheers

Yes it is a old thread and prices were given for Pataya.

For myself I know nothing about sand washing but I know a lot about concrete, The first thing you have to do is make sure your base has been properly compacted. For the concrete water weakens it and I have seen them put way to much water in it. Water takes up volume and when it dries out it leaves a more denser product. Also Concrete takes as a rule of thumb 28 days to properly cure. After 7 days it is up to about 90% of its strength. In this climate it would be faster. So the longer you can keep the water in it the stronger it will get. After it has set up hard enough to walk on try to keep it damp on the top in the day time.

Also add some reinforcement rebar, wire mesh, chicken wire and I don't know about here but you could add fiberglass to the mix back home. Talk to a concrete company about your choices for strengthening the concrete and they may know of a out fit to do what you want.

If you choose to put some thing on top of it whatever it is it will have no more stability than what it is placed on.