Affirmation To Marry - Australian Embassy

patongphil

Right - all the info is on the Australian Embassy site in BKK under the '

Services for Australians' section

As far as the translation and processing section is concerned - I was going to do myself but walked up to Wireless road and the first translation service on the right did all (including the certification by consular affairs ) for 2200 Baht inclusive , which included sending the documents to Chiang Rai- very efficient - saved me heaps of time and meant I did not have to hang around BKK which I hate.

I tried 3 translators and the others were above 5000 baht

Edited by krobert6

As far as the translation and processing section is concerned - I was going to do myself but walked up to Wireless road and the first translation service on the right did all (including the certification by consular affairs ) for 2200 Baht inclusive , which included sending the documents to Chiang Rai- very efficient - saved me heaps of time and meant I did not have to hang around BKK which I hate.

Do you remember the actual name of this place. I will be going to the embassy on Wednesday.

Do you remember the actual name of this place. I will be going to the embassy on Wednesday.

I knew you would ask that - NO it is about a 15 minute walk up to wireless road and it was the first translation place I spotted - a little shop front with 2 guys inside at their desks. If you try the first couple then I am sure you will find them. Do not pay the 5000b + ripoffs.

I took the overnight bus from Chiang Saen, expecting to spend 2-3 nights in BKK but ended up getting the overnight bus back again. Saved me from spending wasted nights in BKK and got back to my wife.

Papers arrived about 4-5 days later

Edited by krobert6

You have to swear a stat dec. They have copies there that you fill in the details. If divorced you have to show your divorce papers. If died they need to see a death certificate. If never married you need to give two referees names addresses and telephone numbers

You have to swear a stat dec. They have copies there that you fill in the details. If divorced you have to show your divorce papers. If died they need to see a death certificate. If never married you need to give two referees names addresses and telephone numbers

ripstanley - thanks mate that is exactly the info I was after

I was married last october,never married before,only had to sign a stat dec at oz embassy and pay a small fee,went to our local amphur with copies of passport ,stat dec and wifes idcard and were legally married soon after,no village wedding and no sin sod(wife was 6months pregnant at the time)wifes mom said keep money for baby...bless her

Edited by jingjoe8

Well I am back from the Big Mango. They have the blank forms to fill in at the embassy and I had to show my divorce papers. Also remember to have your passport number as well as future wife's ID nuber as both of these are required on the form.

610 baht later was out the door. Went to the translation place opposite the police station (the embassy had a sketch map of how to get there). 3,700 baht later and was in taxi back to the airport. They said I should receive the translated and stamped papers by post in a week.

The area where you get the affirmation from in the embassy opens at 8:30am!!!

Well I am back from the Big Mango. They have the blank forms to fill in at the embassy and I had to show my divorce papers. Also remember to have your passport number as well as future wife's ID nuber as both of these are required on the form.

610 baht later was out the door. Went to the translation place opposite the police station (the embassy had a sketch map of how to get there). 3,700 baht later and was in taxi back to the airport. They said I should receive the translated and stamped papers by post in a week.

Congratulations

Congratulations

Just to report back the original Stat Dec and certifed translation arrived in the post yeserday so all worked fine.

Congratulations

Just to report back the original Stat Dec and certifed translation arrived in the post yeserday so all worked fine.

I wish you all the best in the future

Im not sure but bet its a peice of cake. visas into australia are so easy to get which is a good thing.

Really when did this happen?whistling.gif

Well its only a matter of ticking all their boxes. When my mrs and I applied for the fiancee visa, which is now a 10mth wait, the embassy in BKK rang me up and said hurry up with your employment details we want to approve it because your getting married soon. I have found the VFS and Embassies etc to be really good people, who have done all they can to help and have always been nice about it. Ive got several friends who say the same. Im not trying to be a smart aสส about it, they really are good helpfull people. JUST TICK THEIR BOXES.smile.png

Im not sure but bet its a peice of cake. visas into australia are so easy to get which is a good thing.

Really when did this happen?whistling.gif

Well its only a matter of ticking all their boxes. When my mrs and I applied for the fiancee visa, which is now a 10mth wait, the embassy in BKK rang me up and said hurry up with your employment details we want to approve it because your getting married soon. I have found the VFS and Embassies etc to be really good people, who have done all they can to help and have always been nice about it. Ive got several friends who say the same. Im not trying to be a smart aสส about it, they really are good helpfull people. JUST TICK THEIR BOXES.smile.png

No one is disputing how good or bad DIAC are, but when you quoted "visas into Australia are so easy to get which is a good thing" I was wondering what exactly you meant.

You applied for a PMV I would imagine and together with a defacto, one of the simpler visas to obtain followed by a 457, but in the main they are no push overs.

DIAC have always been excellent as far I was concerned and there I do agree with you.