Buying A Car Dash Cam

banglay

Hello all ! I am going to buy a dash cam for my and motor bike (for obvious reasons ) and would like to hear first hand from people who've gone one ......Model ,price how good it is etc......is it worth spend the extra ฿ and getting one with a GPS and G force meter ?

cheers

Hi I recently got one off eBay on a recent trip back to the UK.

Cost about 1000 bht which seems very good value to me.

No brand name and was a Chinese thing sent from Hong Kong.

I'm impressed with the quality of the video recorded which is recorded onto an sd card so can easily played back.

Reassuring to know it's on the windscreen in event of an accident.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yeah i'm interested in one of these. Curious about the mount though, hate things hanging on my windscreen. I was thinking a pen type cam linked to a box with the gizmos in it in the glovebox or elsewhere but the only one's i can find seem to be the whole thing in one chunky unit.

i use a contour hd gps when out on the bike, pricey but great quality, you can also link them with android and iphones to use as a viewfinder for setting up the angle etc and adjusting settings although to do so with the iiphone you need the optional bluetooth card, another good option is the gopro hero hd 2 but again pricey, i would say these are probably the most popular 2 between bikers and extreme sports folks...

another good one that i know a few guys use and recommend is the swift hd, its a bit cheaper than the other 2 but still good quality...

Yeah i'm interested in one of these. Curious about the mount though, hate things hanging on my windscreen. I was thinking a pen type cam linked to a box with the gizmos in it in the glovebox or elsewhere but the only one's i can find seem to be the whole thing in one chunky unit.

Have a look into adapting a satnav bracket to take the cam in some way.

Thats what i use in the car

Yes mine is one of the sunction thinggies onto the windscreen. Not too obstrusive as I stick it behind the rearview mirror.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

You can buy a package deal for around $200:

www.helmetcamera.com

www.helmetcameracentral.com

Good Luck!

But what if the OP does not want to wear the helmet in the car ?

Ive got a cheapie windscreen mounted one I picked up in Tukom, works a treat.

What does a pair of sunglasses have to do with the OP's question about dash camera's for a car ?

they're augmented reality glasses which aside from providing an overlay can record first person video - no need for a helmet in the car

What does a pair of sunglasses have to do with the OP's question about dash camera's for a car ?

they're augmented reality glasses which aside from providing an overlay can record first person video - no need for a helmet in the car

[media=]

[/media]

These are all we need. People are obsessed with their iphones and like enough already.....post-4641-1156693976.gif

Edited by LucidLucifer

[media=]

[/media]

These are not even being sold yet. Several companies have tried and failed.. Not saying they will never come to market but it hasn't happened yet.

These are not even being sold yet. Several companies have tried and failed.. Not saying they will never come to market but it hasn't happened yet.

my understanding was that first person video had been uploaded taken from a beta test pair - anyway unlikely to be what the OP needs right now in price or practicality, I was merely being flippant about the need to wear a helmet

my understanding was that first person video had been uploaded taken from a beta test pair - anyway unlikely to be what the OP needs right now in price or practicality, I was merely being flippant about the need to wear a helmet

There are glasses with a camera built in for sure.. but not what they are showing in that video.

www.helmetcamera.com

Good Luck!

He said for a motorbike.

www.helmetcamera.com

Good Luck!

He said for a motorbike.

The thread title reads "car dash cam", one would assume the OP is wanting a camera for both bike and car so tell me, how do you use a helmet camera in a car if you do not want to wear the helmet ?

Guys stop bickering.

Read this from the OP

I am going to buy a dash cam for my and motor bike

and from the thread title: "Buying A Car Dash Cam"

So everybody is right as he needs 2, one for his Moto and one for his Car ! wink.png

Edited by MJCM

www.helmetcamera.com

Good Luck!

He said for a motorbike.

The thread title reads "car dash cam", one would assume the OP is wanting a camera for both bike and car so tell me, how do you use a helmet camera in a car if you do not want to wear the helmet ?

Put the helmet on the dash?