Vettel, Schumacher In Thai Grand Prix Preview

webfact

They are, yet again, living in a dream world.

1) For cars to be anywhere near that speed in the stadium it means they will have to enter it going end to end travelling at that speed. Therefore, they will need to demolish a few buildings on the exit, and construct a new feed road onto Ram rd for them. It's a load of balls, and basically I would assume you will be treated to seeing a few of the 2010 cars spinning round in circles creating noise and smoke for the locals to take photos of and a few lucky ones (daddy'd little rich boys) to sit in and have their pictures taken.

2) They think they can build an F1 grade track and facilities for 3.5 m USD? Well, that might just cover the black money that will be flying around and perhaps the sheds. As for the race track, with F1 grade track covering etc they will not get much change out of 30b Baht assuming they do not completely do it on the cheap. F1 is not a sport for half bankrupt piss pot countries like Thailand; it costs significant amounts of cash to get very little in return except prestige. Thailand can not afford it which of course means they will do it, half arsedly, and then when the crumbling track (built by the same boys that built Rama 9) is complete, realise it does not pass the standard, get told there is no race there, and the Hiso jerkoffs who asked their daddies to get F1 in Thailand will then use it to kill each other in their sports cars daddy bought them (not all bad then).

Bernie is a businessman. He will take their money for events like the stadium one. But when it comes to the main deal, he will not send F1 to a shit house track in a country that can not pay or support it. He will have in the back of his mind all along the amount of other businesses in the world still owed significant sums of cash that will never get paid. He's a Billionaire. He's not stupid. funny that....

\

Your last paragraph sums up the whole thing in a perfect nutshell.

I am sure Thaksin with his billions and Khun Chalerm Yoovidhya might think it's do able, Bernie might not agree, and he's been around the block a few times as you know.

F1 in Thailand by 2014.

High speed rail to Chiang Mai by 2018.

Thai restaurant on the moon 2024.

The first honest Thai politican is born by 2112

"Rajamangala will temporarily turn into a racing venue where 50,000 fans can watch cars reaching speeds between 200 and 300kph."

unsure.png you might want to check that again

What's wrong with that?

I don't think that the course within the stadium will be long enough to reach speeds of 300km/h and safely slow down again to get around the corner. I'm just guessing, though, since I've never been in that stadium.

Maybe they will bank the corners like at Brooklands in the 20s / 30s. It was pretty hairy stuff, apparently! Not for the faint-hearted. They didn't need to slow down at all for the corners there - a sort of built-in wall of death. shock1.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklands

1) For cars to be anywhere near that speed in the stadium it means they will have to enter it going end to end travelling at that speed. Therefore, they will need to demolish a few buildings on the exit, and construct a new feed road onto Ram rd for them. It's a load of balls, and basically I would assume you will be treated to seeing a few of the 2010 cars spinning round in circles creating noise and smoke for the locals to take photos of and a few lucky ones (daddy'd little rich boys) to sit in and have their pictures taken.

2) They think they can build an F1 grade track and facilities for 3.5 m USD? Well, that might just cover the black money that will be flying around and perhaps the sheds. As for the race track, with F1 grade track covering etc they will not get much change out of 30b Baht assuming they do not completely do it on the cheap. F1 is not a sport for half bankrupt piss pot countries like Thailand; it costs significant amounts of cash to get very little in return except prestige. Thailand can not afford it which of course means they will do it, half arsedly, and then when the crumbling track (built by the same boys that built Rama 9) is complete, realise it does not pass the standard, get told there is no race there, and the Hiso jerkoffs who asked their daddies to get F1 in Thailand will then use it to kill each other in their sports cars daddy bought them (not all bad then).

Bernie is a businessman. He will take their money for events like the stadium one. But when it comes to the main deal, he will not send F1 to a shit house track in a country that can not pay or support it. He will have in the back of his mind all along the amount of other businesses in the world still owed significant sums of cash that will never get paid. He's a Billionaire. He's not stupid. funny that....

\

I am sure Thaksin with his billions and Khun Chalerm Yoovidhya might think it's do able, Bernie might not agree, and he's been around the block a few times as you know.

F1 in Thailand by 2014.

Forgot these ones:

Foreigners are allowed to own 100% of a Thai company by 2212.

Thai bar girls start buying Farangs drinks in the bars and pay them money for taxi back home in the morning by 2312.

Foreigners can legally own land in Thailand by 2412.

\

F1 in Thailand by 2014.

Forgot these ones:

Foreigners are allowed to own 100% of a Thai company by 2212.

Thai bar girls start buying Farangs drinks in the bars and pay them money for taxi back home in the morning by 2312.

Foreigners can legally own land in Thailand by 2412.

i have had bar girls buy me drinks before... probably cos i'm a hansum man.........probablybiggrin.png

The new track in India was estimated at US$215 million and the one to be built in Texas is about US$250 million. Think they are just a bit off on their estimates.

Ah, but have you seen the quality of the ready mix concrete here?

jb1

You mean like the stuff they laid at Swampy?

"Rajamangala will temporarily turn into a racing venue where 50,000 fans can watch cars reaching speeds between 200 and 300kph."

unsure.png you might want to check that again

What's wrong with that?

I don't think that the course within the stadium will be long enough to reach speeds of 300km/h and safely slow down again to get around the corner. I'm just guessing, though, since I've never been in that stadium.

Maybe they will bank the corners like at Brooklands in the 20s / 30s. It was pretty hairy stuff, apparently! Not for the faint-hearted. They didn't need to slow down at all for the corners there - a sort of built-in wall of death. shock1.gif

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Brooklands

Who needs giant sized Scalectrix?