Where To Get Documents Certifies For Australian Partner Visa

I was going through the check list of the documents to be provided with application for partner's visa for Australia.

All of these documents are to be certified. Australian embassy charges a fortune to certify documents. Where else can I get the documents certified?

I would take it you are applying off shore, because your own documents of course can be certified free of charge in Australia if you were there.

Just going through the DIAC site, it does say ....

Documents can be certified as true copies of the original at the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) or at the

Amphur District Office. You should also provide an English translation of any document in another language. You may choose to provide original documents and a set of clear copies. All originals will be returned to you after the copies have been certified.

Unfortunately I had all mine certified in Australia, so not too much help, but I am sure someone will be along shortly to give you concrete advice.

Good luck.

A list of people authorised to certify your own documents in Australia include... the following and were all free of charge.

You should provide ‘certified copies’ of original documents. This means a copy which is authorised

as a true copy by a person before whom a Statutory Declaration may be made. Such authorised

persons include:

• magistrates

• Justice of the Peace

• Commissioners for Declarations

• Commissioners for Affidavits

• a person before whom a Statutory Declaration may be made under the law of the state in which

the Declaration is made

• solicitors

• registered medical practitioners

• bank managers

• postal managers

• Australian Postal Corporation Officers with five years service.

. Optometrist

Edited by edwinclapham

Thanks for responses. In Melbourne I just take it the court and get them approved. But this application will offshore and I wanted to get documents like copy of passport, translation of baby's birth certificate, wedding certificate and copies of other documents that we have already got translated when we were applying for her tourist visa.

I asked Australian embassy and they asked for approx 1,500 baht for each document.

I will take a punt on going to VFS and see if they can certify it. Will keep you guys posted.