Bangkok To Brisbane $aud280 (8,200 Baht) O.w. Incl Tax!

lambous

Thought I'd let you all know that you can get to the East Coast of Australia for a fraction of the price offered by full service airlines. This is my itinerary: All prices include tax.

Depart Bangkok 14:55 Arrive Singapore 18:15 Jet Star Asia 2170 Baht ($AUD74)

Dep Singapore 22:50 Arrive Darwin 05:05 (next day) Tiger Airways $SGD91.23 ($AUD75)

Depart Darwin 01:30 (Next Day) Arrive Brisbane 05:50 Virgin Blue $AUD131

Total $AUD280 (8,200 Baht)

I know it's 4 and a half hour wait in Singapore but there isn't a better airport in the world to spend time in transit. I could of spent 500 Baht and took an Air Asia flight that arrives in Singapore later leaving just a 2 and a half hour wait but if the flight were to be delayed then it could be cutting it fine.

20 stopover wait in Darwin is ok for me as I have friends there who I can catch up with and I've never been there before. It gives me a chance to look around the city. I could of payed $100 more and taken QANTAS flight to Brisbane in the morning if I were in a hurry. Perhaps Virgin Blue has flights to Sydney or Melbourne at more convenient time for the Tiger Airways flight from Singapore.

You can use combination of Air Asia, Tiger Airways, Jetstar Asia or Virgin blue to get to Australia dpending on the date/time you're looking for. Anyway I hope this information can be of some help to you TV members.

You can use combination of Air Asia, Tiger Airways, Jetstar Asia or Virgin blue to get to Australia dpending on the date/time you're looking for. Anyway I hope this information can be of some help to you TV members.

How about Aussies spending that much money or 2 or 3 times more in the bars per day?

Surely, some would benefit from your findings. For me, nice to know, thanks.

hey UDON, but make sure next time u arrive at LOS to remove ur notty hat b4 queueing at the immigration desk..... they are kinda strict these days :o

BTW, my skype is working again (or lets rather say my soundcard does it again) ..... so if u wanna talk.....

Good tip, lambous.

I'm wondering if it could be done SYD-BKK, or BNE-BKK?

Thank you. :o

It can be done to Sydney. Darwin to Sydney is $179. You leave on same flight that goes to Brisbane and transfer on to a flight to Sydney. The wait in Brisbane airport is 1 hour and 10 minutes. However you could pay a little extra for a QANTAS flight direct to Sydney.

I just forked out 27,000 return from Bkk Brisbane.

You said 8,000 bhat - is that one way?

not worth the hassle. $139 from brisbane to Melbourne

Yes it is one way and it is $139 from Darwin to Melborune via Brisbane just a few more dollars than going to Brisbane.

Edited by lambous

Good tip, lambous.

I'm wondering if it could be done SYD-BKK, or BNE-BKK?

Thank you. :D

It can be done to Sydney. Darwin to Sydney is $179. You leave on same flight that goes to Brisbane and transfer on to a flight to Sydney. The wait in Brisbane airport is 1 hour and 10 minutes. However you could pay a little extra for a QANTAS flight direct to Sydney.

I just forked out 27,000 return from Bkk Brisbane.

You said 8,000 bhat - is that one way?

not worth the hassle. $139 from brisbane to Melbourne

Yes it is one way and it is $139 from Darwin to Melborune via Brisbane just a few more dollars than going to Brisbane.

Hi Lambo,

Can it be done for the same fare SYD - BKK? I'm not awake enough yet to calc it, and you seem like a fares expert.

Asia Wolfie....... I thought you'd been quiet! :o

It can be done return aswell although the price will vary depending on the day you choose to fly. Midweek flights are nearly always cheaper than weekend ones. To know what fare you are going to get, you need to check the websites of Virgin Blue, Tiger Airways and then either Jetstar Asia, Air Asia or Tiger Airways again for the best and most inexpensive connextion between Singapore and Bangkok.

Can someone just tell me as im am not the brightest bulb in the shed,the airline intenaries.

Does VB fly to SINGAPore or does TIger ,jetsraet i think only goes sing to BKK?

What about Australian airlines? Does it go to Asia?

Thanks to the guy who started this thread thanks for helping me to get there cheaper.

It can be done return aswell although the price will vary depending on the day you choose to fly. Midweek flights are nearly always cheaper than weekend ones. To know what fare you are going to get, you need to check the websites of Virgin Blue, Tiger Airways and then either Jetstar Asia, Air Asia or Tiger Airways again for the best and most inexpensive connextion between Singapore and Bangkok.

Lambo,

thanks for the heads up, it looks the way to go when renewing type 'O's in BNE.