Homeopathic Medicine In Thailand

HarryHerb

Anyone know where you can buy homeopathic remedies in Thailand? I'm in Phuket but can travel pretty much anywhere... Am looking for a pharmacy or health store where you can pick up pills, rather than a doctor/ clinic as I've run out of my regular stash I bring from the UK.

Any leads gratefully received!

I suggest you contact these people:

Lampang Medicinal Plants Conservation Assembly

177 Moo 12

Ban Kelangtong

Kanmuang Road

Tambon Bawhaew

Muang Lampang 52100.

Tel. 054-313128 or e-mail [email protected]

They're based just south of Chiang Mai and I visited their place - it's big and well-organised with a good reputation (I think they are government-supported?). They grow a lot of their own medicinal plants and source others locally - and process the material to produce capsules, balms etc in very clean and well-equipped preparation rooms.

Maybe they supply a stockist near you. In any case they also do mail order (English and Thai catalogues).

They also have a website - but it's all in Thai: http://www.herblpg.com/th/

Check out this English language link to get a better idea of what they supply:

http://www.chiangraiprovince.com/guide/eng/31.htm

Brilliant! Just the kind of informative answer I hoped I'd get. I've asked for a catalogue, hope only now they will have the Latin names so I can figure out what's what.

Stuff like: "Tao wan khon (kudzu) root reputed to reduce alcoholic longings" certainly sounds interesting :o

That's the great thing about ThaiVisa. Anyhow - happy to help :o

Leafing through my English-language catalogue, it looks like about half of the products have the Latin names. I'd imagine that they'd be able to let you know any others that are missing.........

BTW, I remember being told that the ID numbers of the products are slightly different between the Thai and English versions of the catalogue (don't know why). If/when you order, make sure you give them the product name as well as the number!