Car Dash Cam On Sale ฿900 At Tukcom

banglay

Car Dash cam on sale at tukcom ฿900 reduced from ฿2000...no SD card at the sale price but I bought a 16 gb SD card for ฿369 the card is good for 10hrs recording at the highest quality setting.

I've just done a road test and the overall performance and picture quality was very good when it was viewed back though my PC..it has a built in 2 1/4 inch screen but this is more for setting it up than viewing (in my opinion).

just thought I'd pass this on too those thinking of getting a dash cam .

• Like 1

The best price I have found is at the top of the stairs on the 2nd floor of Tukcom. I saw that one for 900B, but opted for the higher priced model. I'm a sucker for a cute sales gal! 2k Baht with 4gb card included. Works great. Her 900B model also included a card.

It is my security blanket. If a scooter cuts in front of me and I hit them, I've got evidence I was not at fault. Hope I never have to test that theory out.

It also works as a stand along video cam. Not great, but not bad.

Edited by craigt3365
changed to 2nd floor
  • Like 1

Maybe this or the hundreds of others on youtube will give you a clue.

Wow, just watching a few of the YouTube suggest videos and that's compelling reason enough to buy one.

also convinced! thumbsup.gif

Craig: can you give me directions to that shop? rolleyes.gif

Tuk com .is located on Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya road). opposite the junction with Soi Buakow there's a large branch of K Bank next door to Tukcom.

Shop located 4th floor ....Where I got the SD card from the shop is called banana (it's bright yellow and near the escalator) the shop were I got the dash cam from is next to banana shop to the left rear of it .but there's several other shops selling them at the same price (after-all this is Thailand lol)

• Like 1

Maybe this or the hundreds of others on youtube will give you a clue.

Wow, just watching a few of the YouTube suggest videos and that's compelling reason enough to buy one.

also convinced! thumbsup.gif

Craig: can you give me directions to that shop? rolleyes.gif

Rimmer and I did a walk around Tukcom a few times looking at these. Many shops sell them, so walking around and seeing what is on offer is a good thing. After 2 of these, we have found the best price to be at the Life Tech Systems shop on the 2nd floor. Right at the top of the stairs as you head up. I previously said the 3rd floor, but just called them to confirm.

Most shops do not include the memory card, this one does. So you really have to compare prices and all associated accessories.

Next step: going to a stereo shop this week to see if they can embed the power cord inside the trim so it's not so ugly!!!!

But it seems to be working great. As mentioned before, it could be cheap insurance...

I saw some in a shop on the north side of 3rd floor. The shop sell all sorts of security knickknacks, gps navigators and such stuff. They had 3 dash cam's, one with cams both front and rear for 3,000 baht, one with just forward cam for 2,000 baht and a quite crappy-looking cheaper forward-only model for about 1,000 baht. I wonder if it's the cheap model we talk about here?

I saw some in a shop on the north side of 3rd floor. The shop sell all sorts of security knickknacks, gps navigators and such stuff. They had 3 dash cam's, one with cams both front and rear for 3,000 baht, one with just forward cam for 2,000 baht and a quite crappy-looking cheaper forward-only model for about 1,000 baht. I wonder if it's the cheap model we talk about here?

I'm pretty sure it is the cheap model. Not bad, but not as good as the higher end models. I didn't want 2 cameras, and didn't want to pay 3k for it...so just got the 2k model.

Baz has that 900B model and is quite happy with it.

Does the cam starts when engine starts ?

Yes It automatically start with the engine ,but you can stop and start it when you need too no probs with the press of a button .easzi peazi

• Like 1

Does the cam starts when engine starts ?

Yes It automatically start with the engine ,but you can stop and start it when you need too no probs with the press of a button .easzi peazi

Does it have a model/name ??...as you mentioned it was the 2k one on special...which might/should be different from the 900b one being mentioned in other posts.

It is nice to know of one which is suitable from experience and works well, so thanks for the reco.

Just had a thought...the double facing one might be handy for me....spot the kids when fighting to see who starts it.....this 'he/she started it' would be a thing of the past.

I could hold court prior to putting it up on screen and ask for last minute confessions before handing out penalties to the guilty parties.

Edited by samsiam

Just one question.

If one is not mechanically inclined, where do you get it installed? Or is it a stickm' type thing that you stick on the dash and plugs into the cigarette lighter?

The one I bought has a suction pad to attach to the windscreen ( easy to remove and hide in the glove compartment if you are parked in a dodgy part of time ) it is powered by a rechargeable battery and the cigarette lighter. I have a Mitsu Triton and it was quite easy to conceal the power cable (it took me less 5 mins)

Cheers

Great info and a good idea to have, here in Thailand...

Just one question.

If one is not mechanically inclined, where do you get it installed? Or is it a stickm' type thing that you stick on the dash and plugs into the cigarette lighter?

I was in a taxi in Hong Kong last week & he had a dash cam. I asked why & he said for accidents to show he not at fault, assuming that is always the case. I guess if we are at fault, you loose the cam very quickly...555

Do these locally soursed variants include software showing GPS location, G forces, speed etc that provide additional evidence when needed? I imported my cam from overseas doing all of these things & I'm curious as to whether the local ones provide the same data. The only disadvantage is that the software requires a 13" screen therefore cannot be used to view on anything smaller (Netbook/I Pad/Phone) because the buttons are below the field of view.

It has a warranty too:)

Do these locally soursed variants include software showing GPS location, G forces, speed etc that provide additional evidence when needed? I imported my cam from overseas doing all of these things & I'm curious as to whether the local ones provide the same data. The only disadvantage is that the software requires a 13" screen therefore cannot be used to view on anything smaller (Netbook/I Pad/Phone) because the buttons are below the field of view.

The ones we are talking about are just the cheap models. I'm sure you could get one with these features, but it'll be quite a bit more expensive. What did you pay for yours back home????

The ones we are talking about are just the cheap models. I'm sure you could get one with these features, but it'll be quite a bit more expensive. What did you pay for yours back home????

I asked about one with these features and they do sell them price quoted to me ฿7000 +