Using Concrete Nails

thaibeachlovers

I used PVC channels that are available in many sizes to wire my house 12 years ago. Attached to wall by drilling holes in wall, inserting plastic fillers and attaching with 8x1" flat head screws about every 18 inches. Painted same as wall and still is in place looks good 12 years later. I still occasionally try to use the clips like the Thai's use but only end up with smashed fingers and chipped walls

the trick is to get the conduits to fix to the surface...we tried that once and the ceiling conduits kept falling off and we then went back to the clips...

If they conduits are properly attached with screws as I suggested, I don't see how they could fall down. If you rely on the tape that id attached to some conduits I can see the problem, especially if the surface is not smooth. As far as cost, I buy the plastic hole fillers for 60 baht/100.

yeah...some of the conduits have an adhesive and it basically doesn't work but if you use a screwed arrangment then might as well use the clips...anyway, best to call in an electrician, don't make no sense to DIY if the materials and labor are cheap...

best to call in an electrician, don't make no sense to DIY if the materials and labor are cheap...

Although normally in agreement with that find that getting even a mediocre electrician that can actually make a neat and straight line to be a real issue these days; and if you find he will likely be far too busy to have time for a DIY project. And for DIY suspect it is much easier for most non professionals to make a neat line using conduit (the wire is hidden) than with clips.