Thai Visa,s Conception And History

marshbags

I,ve tried looking for the history of how T Visa started and would appreciate if i could either

be guided to where i can read about it or perhaps one of the senior members could enlighten

me and other members who are interested.

Thanks marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

I,ve tried looking for the history of how T Visa started and would appreciate if i could either

be guided to where i can read about it or perhaps one of the senior members could enlighten

Thanks marshbags :D:D:D

Once upon a time... :D

It seems this forum began in 2002. Just do a search on certain prolific posters some of whom post on average a whopping 18 times per day. :D Also go to the last page of certain forums such as this and you will see it in it's infancy.

There are of course other ways to establish other information such as website hosting and so forth... :o

You could of course wait for one of the senoir members to enlighten you.

Thanks marshbags :D:D:D

Once upon a time... :D

It seems this forum began in 2002. Just do a search on certain prolific posters some of whom post on average a whopping 18 times per day. :D Also go to the last page of certain forums such as this and you will see it in it's infancy.

There are of course other ways to establish other information such as website hosting and so forth... :o

You could of course wait for one of the senoir members to enlighten you.

It would probably start with George saying, " When I was young, all those years ago- -- - -"

The website and forum saw the light in late november 2002, over a glass of red (or was it ten glasses) with me and dr_pat_pong. Thanks to you, our members, we are now the biggest expat community web site in the world.

The website and forum saw the light in late november 2002, over a glass of red (or was it ten glasses) with me and dr_pat_pong. Thanks to you, our members, we are now the biggest expat community web site in the world.

And you have been pissed ever since ?

Sounds good. :o

Sounds good. :o

Well done George and Dr. P P have you been sober since ? :D

I recall another thread not long ago . . .

<snip> but that was just to state the general fact that the world is rarely changed from the end of a bar.

Karl Marx and Engels did all their best work at the pub, not only that I think the French Revolution, Hitler and quite a few others had movements that started in the "Pub".

I believe we might add George and the good Doctor to that list now . . . :o

In the beginning the forum was a very small community of regulars and we only saw the same 100 names or so posting on here. I came in about 5 months after its inception. Almost every question that is asked on the forum was asked many times over by the early members in the beginning. This is one reason why some of the elder members give newbies a hard time and tell them to search the forum, because the Q & A's have already been done ad nauseum.

In the early days, George, Dr PP, and an individual named "Fester" were the heavy hitters here. Lopburi3 was the resident answer machine, even then. :o

Rightly so as well.

I,ts a bigger thanks to you, dr-pat-pong and any others who added initial imput into T Visa and you should be proud of providing all of us with this platform to offer our views and experiences which can be amusing, informative, humerous and sometimes, repetative posts as pointed out by TripxCore, which also gives us an understanding of the certain frustrations that come with it all among the seniors.

Thanks to all for the replys to my post also the red wine info.

p.s. what was the brand of red that gave you such inspiration, i used to just fall asleep and get a whopping h.over after a glass or ten. :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags