Return To Sender.

Boatman37210

A friend is sending a gift from the states by post office. I am expecting a pretty hefty customs tax. Has anyone ever refused a package and requested it be returned to sender?

I'm thinking it might be better for my friend to return the item and get his money back. Depends on the amount of the tax.

Thanks.

It's not sure that you have to pay a hefty import-tax.

Incoming parcels are randomly marked with stickers by people in the customs-department.

Stickered items will be investigated, screened and taxed.

About returning mail to the sender.........I wouldn't take the chance.

first wait and keep cool.

With luck they it comes without tax.

If you need to go to the customs place and they want you to pay a lot tax, than you tell them what you want to pay max. else you can't accept it.

Than most probably you end with the parcel in your hands but without invoice for the money.

Most of the time I'm just happy that a package actually gets to me so I'd be wary about sending it back. That's just me though. 40% of my experiences with the postage here haven't been good.

Most of the time I'm just happy that a package actually gets to me so I'd be wary about sending it back. That's just me though. 40% of my experiences with the postage here haven't been good.

I have a 100 % good experience, but it may depend on post-office and the person that deliver.

• 2 weeks later...

If the tax wasn't paid I don't believe you could just send it back and refuse to pay the tax , I don't have any actual proof of this it's just something that would make very little sense to me pretty much anyplace but especially in Thailand , if it ever started that way they would have gotten sick of doing their job and not collecting the revenue often enough to change it by now .... Just a guess but based on how the Real world seems to work , it's an import tax, not a pay it or send it back if you don't like the bill tax. It's a pay it or we take your stuff until you do tax or sell it eventually.

Once it crosses the line the Tax is due, stores are filled with stuff near my Macro that was never paid for and being sold every day, a lot of that stuff is pretty valuable but not expensive to have sent back and kept but of course could have been sent via other means. I'm pretty sure they would tell you , you can send it back anytime you want, AFTER you pay the tax not before you pay it.

If the tax wasn't paid I don't believe you could just send it back and refuse to pay the tax , I don't have any actual proof of this it's just something that would make very little sense to me pretty much anyplace but especially in Thailand , if it ever started that way they would have gotten sick of doing their job and not collecting the revenue often enough to change it by now .... Just a guess but based on how the Real world seems to work , it's an import tax, not a pay it or send it back if you don't like the bill tax. It's a pay it or we take your stuff until you do tax or sell it eventually.

Once it crosses the line the Tax is due, stores are filled with stuff near my Macro that was never paid for and being sold every day, a lot of that stuff is pretty valuable but not expensive to have sent back and kept but of course could have been sent via other means. I'm pretty sure they would tell you , you can send it back anytime you want, AFTER you pay the tax not before you pay it.

His package has already been delivered, no tax. Should he send it back? blink.png

Edited by Semper