14 Year Old Motorbike Driver Killed In Road Crash In Sattahip

Rimmer

14 year old motorbike driver killed in road crash in Sattahip

SATTAHIP;--A 14 year old boy was killed over the weekend in a road crash involving a pick-up and motorbike in Soi Bongai in Sattahip District.

The accident occurred late at night and led to the instant death of Khun Apichart who sustained a fatal head trauma. According to friends of the dead boy, who were driving their bikes behind him and the driver of the pick-up, Khun Prawit aged 55, the boy had suddenly accelerated down the street and turned into the main Sukhumvit Road without looking to check if there was any oncoming traffic. The pick-up was unable to avoid a collision

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...crash-sattahip/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-06-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

RIP to the lad, but this is why in the UK and most Euro countries you have to be 16 to drive, and take a CBT Test, plus your bike is restricted to 30 MPH ..... but also, what gets me is how any responsible parent allows there 14 year old ( i think they start at 12 ) on a road on a bike in the first place !

RIP to the lad, but this is why in the UK and most Euro countries you have to be 16 to drive, and take a CBT Test, plus your bike is restricted to 30 MPH ..... but also, what gets me is how any responsible parent allows there 14 year old ( i think they start at 12 ) on a road on a bike in the first place !

My boy went to the local government school last semester,he is 8 years now and the school caters to kids up to P6 which is 12 year I assume.There were a few kids which came to school with their own motorbike.In the morning there is a policeman standing outside the school directing traffic.

There are enough distractions on a road and dangers too for adults to contend with let alone a boy of this age riding a m/c. To ride out onto Sukhumvit road like that was taking a huge risk but I doubt he even thought it.

RIP to him, a life cut short for what may simply have been a moment of lack of thought.