Trip Report Visa Run To Savannakhet

• 3 weeks later...

Are you sure that you got a triple entry tourist visa? I thought that only doubles were available in the area.

Yep its a triple and 3 months ( I travel quite a bit and for me its useful) and not a hint of texas holdem

Can anyone confirm this? According to the Savan Vegas Visa Run website (http://www.savanvegas.com/visarun/) the triple entry is valid for 3 entries over 180 days total stay (60 days + 60 days + 60 days). Is this false advertising?

• TOURIST VISA
    Requirements are: Completedapplication form, 2x colour passport size (4x6cm) photos and Visa application fee as below.
    • Single Entry (60 days) - Fee 1,000 THB
    • Double Entry (60 days + 60 days) – Fee 2,000 THB (Specify 'Double Entry')
    • Triple Entry (60 days + 60 days + 60 days) – Fee 3,000 THB (Specify 'Triple Entry')

miss information.

Due to Vaildity you must use all 3 entires within 90days.

visarunner... thanks so much for the info... I think you just saved me 2000 baht!. It is so confusing that every Thai consulate website I look at indicates that the visa validity ("Enter Before") date extends based on the number of entries permitted...

Royal Thai Consulate General - Vancouver (http://www.thaiconge...ver.org/FAQ.htm)

A double entry visa allows you to stay in Thailand for a total of 4 months; however, each entry permits you to stay in Thailand for 2 months. This means that you must leave Thailand every 2 months. Your return to to the country (which can be on the same day as when you leave the country) will subsequently activate your next entry.

A triple entry visa allows you to stay in Thailand for a total of 6 months or 2 months per entry. You must activate your visa entry every 2 months by leaving and returning into Thailand (same as double entry visa).

For double entry and triple entry visas you have to use the last entry of your visa within six months from the date of issue.

Royal Thai Consulate General - Los Angeles (http://www.thaiconsu...aspx?link_id=25)

Tourist Visa

* A single-entry must be utilized within 3 months from the date of issue.

* Two-Entry Visa must be utilized within 180 days from the date of issue (Not exceeding 60 days for EACH entry).

so... just for the record the Savannakhet Consulate is issuing double and triple entry tourist visas... but never with a validity over 3 months?

SInce I don't travel outside Thailand often... the double entry visa might actually be worth while... it would allow me to enter Thailand for two consecutive 60 day stays + 30 day visa extension) = 150 days... still better than the single entry 60 days + 30 extension I been doing over the past 7 years!

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by danfred

so... just for the record the Savannakhet Consulate is issuing double and triple entry tourist visas... but never with a validity over 3 months?

SInce I don't travel outside Thailand often... the double entry visa might actually be worth while... it would allow me to enter Thailand for two consecutive 60 day stays + 30 day visa extension) = 150 days... still better than the single entry 60 days + 30 extension I been doing over the past 7 years!

Providing you plan to use the second 60 day visa to enter before its 3 month 'Use Before' date then you can extend the first 60 day entry by 30 days, later go to the border to get the second 60 days then finally extending that entry by 30 days to get almost 180 days.