Taking A Phone To Bed Can Be Risky

george

Taking a phone to bed can be risky

KUALA LUMPUR - A Malaysian man was shaken and scalded yesterday after his mobile phone exploded beside him while he was sleeping, the national news agency reported.

Mohamed Radzuan Yasin said he was recharging his cell phone and placed it on his bed near him before he took a nap. Three hours later, he was jarred awake by what he described as a small explosion.

``The explosion scalded my buttocks, while there were burn marks on the mattress and the wall,'' he said.

``At first I was confused about what had exploded, but I realised it was my mobile phone when I saw it was shattered in pieces.''

--AP 2004-01-28

Strange thing to say....

The explosion scalded my buttocks, while there were burn marks on the mattress and the wall,'' he said

It is a bit of a shame the sub-editor did not say exactly where the phone was....

I think he had the vibrating alarm turned on..

I think so too. I recall that a friend of mine once told me that while attending goverment meetings during the Dr. M era a friend of his would ask the office to call him at least twice during the meeting which was in his pocket with the vibrator on in silent mode. What some people would do for a cheap thrill!!!