Ecuador Could Decide On Assenge'S Asylum Request On Thursday

News_Editor

As an update is in order, for some strange reason his Mum is getting a say....

Ecuador's foreign minister will meet with the mother of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who is holed up at the Ecuadoran Embassy in London, Quito has announced. Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz21sX4WWGj

A mom will always say supportive things about her kid in public. Every time a guy has been arrested and the media has spoken with the mom, she will inevitably say something like; "My Tommy is a good boy. He could never do something bad like that. If you knew him, you would like him too." ad nauseum.

• Like 1

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As an update is in order, for some strange reason his Mum is getting a say....

Ecuador's foreign minister will meet with the mother of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who is holed up at the Ecuadoran Embassy in London, Quito has announced. Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz21sX4WWGj

A mom will always say supportive things about her kid in public. Every time a guy has been arrested and the media has spoken with the mom, she will inevitably say something like; "My Tommy is a good boy. He could never do something bad like that. If you knew him, you would like him too." ad nauseum.

Cannot blame these moms. Mothers or other relatives will mostly get the medias attention when some "good guys" getting arrested in some "evil country"

That tribute to Assange on Russian television from one of his defense lawyers certainly opened MY eyes. Wow!

Then I remembered he is still going to be wanted by British authorities for jumping bond...or isn't that a crime in the UK.

• Like 1

That tribute to Assange on Russian television from one of his defense lawyers certainly opened MY eyes. Wow!

Then I remembered he is still going to be wanted by British authorities for jumping bond...or isn't that a crime in the UK.

but as a " crime " hardly a hanging offence in the UK rolleyes.gif

" Almost half of suspects who jump bail are let off with a fine, the average amount being just £60."

• Like 1

Why would they meet with an accused rapist and certified bail jumper? He is operating outside the law and is being treated accordingly.

he has not been charged so it is nothing more than an interview

You cant blame him for one minute avoiding a total stich-up attempt

" Ecuador's foreign minister has said that rape and sexual assault cases lodged in Sweden against Julian Assange are laughable "

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/05/assange-charges-are-hilarious-ecuadoran-foreign-minister/

The charges may be laughable in Ecuador but that isn't where Assange unzipped his trousers, now is it?

It matters not one whit what the laws in Ecuador or Australia or Antartica are since the alleged crimes were not committed there. Sweden is the jurisdiction Assange needs to worry about.

Well whoop-te-do. All these publicity seeking shysters have not done Assange any good so far. tongue.png

' Most disturbingly, the US government is more concerned with investigating a journalist and publisher than the high-level government officials whose alleged war crimes and misdeeds Assange and his cohorts brought to light. Why? To send a message to others who might dare to expose government misconduct, who believe that transparency, exposing abuses, and dissembling hypocrisy strengthen democracy – and who act on those beliefs. In short, the US is intent on persecuting a crusading journalist and publisher for his political expression."

• Like 1

He [Assange] also fears being extradited to the United States, where he believes he could be sentenced to death if he is indicted.

He is a liar. He does not believe that for one second. Possibly locked up for a long time, maybe, but executed? Zero chance and he knows it. Just trying to make excuses. I bet a lot of his supporters are starting to realize that this creep probably really did rape those women.

Careful, your prejudices are showing. get informed, read the facts.

Indeed 'the law is an ass in England'

England has given this sleazy creep every accomodation under the law and he repays them by violating his bond. Throw the book at this criminal!

Silly me, I thought the basis of our judicial system was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Good to see you you have no bias.

England has given this sleazy creep every accomodation under the law and he repays them by violating his bond. Throw the book at this criminal!

Silly me, I thought the basis of our judicial system was INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Good to see you you have no bias.

Good to see you you have no bias.

Ulysses G no bias ...??cheesy.gif

The only crime he has or will be charged with at this point is violating his bond. Since he HAS violated the conditions of his bond, it is likely he is guilty and it will likely be proven.

He is wanted for questioning by the Swedish authorities for his actions while he was in Sweden.

Will one of you apologists for Assange please provide me a link that shows the US government has charged him with ANYTHING?

You may put me in the biased corner.

I'm biased against bail-jumpers that are avoiding being questioned for sex crimes. .

he will allow such questioning anytime at the Ecuador Embassy

OR in Sweden if they guarantee not to send him on to the so called

" Land of the Free " giggle.gif ) .

The only crime he has or will be charged with at this point is violating his bond. Since he HAS violated the conditions of his bond, it is likely he is guilty and it will likely be proven.

He is wanted for questioning by the Swedish authorities for his actions while he was in Sweden.

Will one of you apologists for Assange please provide me a link that shows the US government has charged him with ANYTHING?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/02/julian-assange-right-fear-prosecution?newsfeed=true

Edited by midas

Whether the US has made anything public regarding it's intentions is irrelevent. Enough people conclude that all the evidence and signs point towards the fact that if Assange goes to Sweden they will make a move to extradite him. So I wager you a Gentleman's 1000 baht to that effect. I believe that if Assange is sent to Sweden the US will make moves to have him extradited to US soil. So how sure are you they won't? ;)

Conspiracy theories about America's supposed intentions are not relevant until Assange turns himself in for violating his bond.

Surely Wikileaks, with their ability to uncover all the nasty things the US is up to, would have gotten access to these hidden indictments?

Please don't tell me this facade is nothing more than another conspiracy theory?

• Like 2