Kindle In Bangkok

KKvampire

I broke my kindle last year, was annoyed as I had about 40 books on it. I found an free app on line and downloaded it to both my laptop and netbook, as I was registered I was able to save all my books to both of them as well. Can purchase diretc from Amazon in exactly the same way as with a kindle.

Here's a link if you can't find a kindle to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

I'd suggest waiting a bit. Barnes and Noble have just announced a new "Nook" reader with a built in screen light and Amazon is sure to follow soon.

Difficulty reading in dim light is my only complaint with my Kindle Touch. I don't feel like shelling out $50 for a case with a built in light nor do I like fussing with battery powered clip-on lights. If the price is right, I'll buy a lit one my next trip to the USA.

One solution for dim light I do use is increasing the font size which is very easy to do. It just requires more frequent page turns.

I had a friend pick mine up for me in the US last year. Easy to buy in many retail shops.

Edited by dddave

Harry, can you order one from Amazon and let us know how you get on e.g. the model you order, the cost including shipping from Amazon and if you have to pay any additional taxes.

I'd order one from Amazon myself but I'd be concerned about extra fees popping up at the Thai end.

thanks

Can anyone tell me why I should pay more to buy one here when I can buy direct for less and receive in 3 or 4 days.

As kkerry alluded to, you will more than likely run into VAT and duty taxes and possibly extensive wait times as it goes through customs.

Can anyone tell me why I should pay more to buy one here when I can buy direct for less and receive in 3 or 4 days.

As kkerry alluded to, you will more than likely run into VAT and duty taxes and possibly extensive wait times as it goes through customs.

totaly false. Charges are prepaid and I received mine in 3 days to ChiangMai.

You note on the site that that they state the charge is a prepayment. The guarantee you will not pay more and if the charge is less you will be refunded. Several people have had charges refunded mine was not.

Edited by harrry

Good to hear, so maybe you can help me with my questions smile.png

What model Kindle did you order (from Amazon?) and can you break down the charges for a total of what you ended up paying (US$ is fine).

thanks again

Good to hear, so maybe you can help me with my questions smile.png

What model Kindle did you order (from Amazon?) and can you break down the charges for a total of what you ended up paying (US$ is fine).

thanks again

I bought a DX

I am very happy with it.

Best way to check is go to amazon and enter the item you want but do not go through with the purchase. That will give you the exact current answer.

Some people are so lazy. Just go to the Amazon website and you can clearly see that it's cheaper and easier to buy direct. I even got a partial refund of the duties I paid.

How much did you pay and for what model Edward?

I see what you mean edward.

I see they can be bought on ebay from the US from reputable sellers with a total of 100$US, but I am also concerned about Thai customs(not most honest lot). I usually ask the seller to put a low value (under 50$) on the custom form before shipping.

Edited by KKvampire

As I suspected there is not a big difference in price between the local seller listed earlier and Amazon once you add on costs for shipping and whatever customs charges are. You have to click all the way to the end of the order to find out what those charges will be as they do not appear to be listed anywhere on Amazon.