Singing Tutor In Phuket?

simon43

I mean a teacher who can teach someone to sing/train their voice/teach correct breathing etc

My ex's daughter (13 years old) wants to learn to sing in key, which would be much appreciated by all around her who have to put up with her off-tone karaokee.

So she needs some singing/voice-training lessons from a Thai-speaking teacher.

Does anyone know of a teacher in Phuket?

Thanks

Simon

I learned to sing in the church choir when I was young.

Here, they have karaoke.

Quite a difference yes.

I also took piano lessons. (big help IMO)

In todays world, I would go to youtube to improve technique, practice, and learn breathing, singing on key, etc.

Not being able to understand English of course will be a detriment, as it will be in so many things in the child's future.

(it's also free, but of course, the child has to WANT to do it, not just the parents)

Practice is so important.

It's a long process, singing on key is one of those things that some people simply cannot do IMO.

But many can learn.

I have been told that Bono couldn't sing on key and they were going to kick him out of the band, so he went and got voice lessons.

Yamaha school above Big C might help. At least she'd be able to start HEARING things in key (certainly won't at a Thai karoake joint)

Good luck, it's not easy and takes a long time for those who don't have a musical ear. IMO.

simon43 there is a teacher at kajonkiet who is an opera singer. i have a friend who works there, i will see if i can get this teacher's information for you as i am sure he could teach someone to sing.