Scb Credit / Debit Cards For Use Overseas?

At the moment, I've an SCB savings account, with a debit card for use only within Thailand.

Does anyone know if a card for overseas use is available on a savings account, or if they'd only issue an overseas-use card on a current account?

If you know of 'product names', please include these in any reply. Thanks.

Yes, SCB savings account debit card can be used overseas..

As far of "pruduct names" my card says "mastercard, HIP Card; Siam Commercial Bank and Official Card 2006 FIFA World Cup"..

I do not think they have this "product name" any more but i am sure they have similar debit cards..

Yes, SCB savings account debit card can be used overseas..

As far of "pruduct names" my card says "mastercard, HIP Card; Siam Commercial Bank and Official Card 2006 FIFA World Cup"..

I do not think they have this "product name" any more but i am sure they have similar debit cards..

That's both interesting and, hopefully, good news!

My own card is similar (apart from the 2006 edition bit), so I'll check to see what they say. It's just that if i ask if it will work overseas, I know they'll say 'yes'. Once i try, though, it could very well be a different matter!

If anyone else has any other input into the thread, please tell me.

I obtained a SCB debit card and savings account that she uses monthly in China with absolutely no problem. Account is in her name and she is 16. I've used my SCB debit card overseas too and no problem.