Where To Buy Bullion In Chiang Mai?

PoodMaiDai

I usually buy in Bangkok at Hua Seng Heng but I won't be going back for a bit and would like to pick up some more here while the price is low.

There are plenty shops around CM but I don't know who is trustworthy and there isn't much info online about CM shops.

Thanks.

If you don't know or can't tell for yourself who is trustworthy, or the genuineness of the product and have to rely on TV members before shelling out a load of dosh........... maybe you shouldn't be buying it?

I have talked about this one not so long ago.

One of the most respected companys here is Kulsrisuwan; they deal in all gold and diamond trade.

They have branchin Nimmen Road, and at the chang Puek end of Proprokklau road.

www.kulsrisuwan.com

But why buy bullion from a dealer here, when the safest is to shop and buy online, then it can be bank vaulted without the risk of it being stolen. Then when the price peaks and you want to trade in, simple-online again. Buy it and forget about it unless you think its trendy to have an ingot around your neck.

....and dont "thread" like another OP "where is the safest place to hide my gold" even my comments are not that stupid.thumbsup.gif

If you don't know or can't tell for yourself who is trustworthy, or the genuineness of the product and have to rely on TV members before shelling out a load of dosh........... maybe you shouldn't be buying it?

ah...like the restaurants along the river you meanthumbsup.gif lets all go and eat totally blind

• Like 1

There are a lot of shenanigans around Thailand in this business, just as their are in all the others. Simply "looking" doesn't cut it. Reputation and research are everything.

One of the most respected companys here is Kulsrisuwan; they deal in all gold and diamond trade.

www.kulsrisuwan.com

But why buy bullion from a dealer here, when the safest is to shop and buy online, then it can be bank vaulted without the risk of it being stolen. Then when the price peaks and you want to trade in, simple-online again. Buy it and forget about it unless you think its trendy to have an ingot around your neck.

Thanks.

I keep a small percentage in physical for emergencies, rainy days, and the occasional gift. The rest is in paper.

• 3 months later...

www.kulsrisuwan.com

Lost this thread but wanted to update now that I found it. That place, Kulsrisuwan, puts in effort to rip off foreigners. I always send my Thai partner into a place first to see what they get first, then I go in later. Both of their shops they added ridiculous charges for both buying AND selling gold. Their excuse for tacking on prices to the listed price is because "we had to bring it from bangkok." However, my Thai partner got the normal prices for buying and selling.

We tried both shops, both tried to scam me and I speak Thai. Neither tried to scam my Thai partner a single baht. So to test it again, I sent in my friend the next day who spoke English with them. Same thing, inflated prices even though their prices are clearly listed on the board.

No idea how they are a considered a respected shop among foreigners.

www.kulsrisuwan.com

....and dont "thread" like another OP "where is the safest place to hide my gold" even my comments are not that stupid.thumbsup.gif

Doing that certainly is convenient, however not everyone has the full trust in banks that you do. Some buy bullion in case of a bank run, if that did happen then it is doubtful you would be able to get at it. Safety deposit boxes have been raided by governments in the past. Bank runs can happen (we are not living in normal economic times), various countries have been very close a couple of times since the last crash. Just about personal comfort levels I suppose.

I'm still trying to work out how you think the price is now low. Sure its gone down in the last week or so by varying amounts each day around the 100 to 200 baht mark over the week, but its still higher than it was less than a month ago, and nearly 2000 baht up where it was three months ago.

I'm still trying to work out how you think the price is now low. Sure its gone down in the last week or so by varying amounts each day around the 100 to 200 baht mark over the week, but its still higher than it was less than a month ago, and nearly 2000 baht up where it was three months ago.

If you're shorting it, it's not.

There is a reason countries and top investors are stocking up, even with it at a higher rate. QE 3 just started and QE 4++ probably isn't far behind. One of them is going to knock down the entire house of cards.

Revisit this thread in a few years and lets see where it is. I remember telling friends to buy when it was at $600. They laughed.

There is a reason countries and top investors are stocking up, even with it at a higher rate. QE 3 just started and QE 4++ probably isn't far behind. One of them is going to knock down the entire house of cards.

Revisit this thread in a few years and lets see where it is. I remember telling friends to buy when it was at $600. They laughed.

Very valid point and thanks for clearing it up.

Not arguing with that logic at all, gold has outsripped virtually everything and the horizon isn't that nice.

I would like to recommend this group based on my personal experience of buying bullion through them.

The main advantage is that they don't charge any premium to buy or sell

http://www.ausirisgr...e.php?user=test

They have very helpful staff and the office is opposite SCB Thappae Gate branch

And these pictures show the different sized gold bars you can buy from them

http://www.ausirisgr...-bullion-en.php

Edited by Asiantravel

Very valid point and thanks for clearing it up.

Not arguing with that logic at all, gold has outsripped virtually everything and the horizon isn't that nice.

Longterm it is solid. It's also a great place to put some of your money to hedge against inflation.

www.kulsrisuwan.com

Thanks.

I keep a small percentage in physical for emergencies, rainy days, and the occasional gift. The rest is in paper.

Check with where you sell it on rainy days. You obviously have some trust in them.

Not that familiar with the business but if you are shorting it would you not want it held else wheres than in your personal possession for speed of delivery on sales. Also would you not be limiting your self to a small area.