Generic Legos?!? (Where Can I Buy Bulk Generic Lego (Lego Compatable) Building Bricks?)

jaysun

I can't find anywhere in Thailand that sells "generic bulk building bricks" can someone please help?

There was a thread from 2 years ago, but none of the links are useful anymore: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/417791-searching-for-lego-or-similar/page__hl__+lego#entry4047575

I'm looking for generic bulk blocks, such as the one shown in this ebay posting: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compatible-825-PCS-BULK-BUILDING-ALL-COLOURS-U-PICK-3-LBS-CANADIAN-Made-/290719461441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item43b03af041

Specifically I'm looking for buying 10kg or so of "traditional non-themed" blocks, so yes, I want a lot and buying the official lego sets would be prohibitively expensive. I'd like to spend 3000 THB or so, as in the USA that would be enough to get 10kg off of ebay, but I realize it may be difficult to find normal blocks here in Thailand at all, let alone at the price I"d expect in the USA.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I searched all the stores on tarad.com and weloveshopping.com, and even amazon china, but can not find anything close.

Thank you for the help

well, seems like no one here cares about legos anymore, lol

FYI I still can not find anything after a comprehensive search here in Thailand, so I'm going to import from some chinese company i found on alibabba. hope the quality is good. i'll post here to let you guys know how it turns out.

FYI I still can not find anything after a comprehensive search here in Thailand, so I'm going to import from some chinese company i found on alibabba. hope the quality is good. i'll post here to let you guys know how it turns out.

You may find them seized by customs as fake IP.

You may find them seized by customs as fake IP.

Fake, low quality copies are freely available in the supermarkets, so unless they are branded lego, or the design is patented (not sure if it is or not) I can't see customs seizing them. You may get hit for import duty though, as I am being in the process of being hit for birthday presents my parents have just sent my little girl......<deleted>....i'm in a bad mood today purely because of that.

Be sure not to label the package as "toys" as that will require additional paperwork stating that the "toys" are safe for kids to use, etc etc. Forgot which Thai ministry it is. Headache!

I hope that doesn't cause further headache for me then, UPS have told me the will contact me back either later today or early tomorrow to to tell me how much i'm going to get stung for. I find the whole thing totally ludicrous, especially the safe to use rule. Whoever wrote that clearly hasn't picked up and looked at 99.9% of the cheap plastic rubbish that is sold here. It's the kind of stuff I refuse point blank to buy for my daughter.

Please do not use UPS or any big company. Use Govt mail or you will have to pay a lot of taxes and fees and the workers might just steal your package. It's a well known fact that UPS/DHL etc etc are scammers in thailand

• Like 1

Your pricing seems a bit unrealistic for what i've seen? 10kg for 3000THB?

For example I bought a copy of this box set the other day: http://www.google.co...d=0CHoQ8wIwBjgo

Brand was Enlighten brick or something like that. Fake one cost about 400THB, real one at Central would cost about 1500. But that set only weighs about .3kg...! So cost for 10kg at that price would be like 13,000THB.

All the toy carts at shopping malls have various replicate box sets.

You'd probably do better to order a big box of 2nd hand lego off ebay if you are looking for 10kg at per your link; some sellers are willing to ship to Thailand.

(Above prices are rough, i don't remember the exact amounts)

Edited by dave111223

fyi, yes seems like my 3000 thb target price was unrealistic. however, i found a chinese company willing to sell me 10kg of 2x4 bricks for USD190 (6000 thb), though shipping was 90.

I'm trying to adjust both the shipping and the bricks to include 2x2 to 2x12 ranges so not sure what that final price will be.

also, there's the obvious question of quality and tarriffs... i'll let you know what happens with those ;)