Galaxy S3 Stolen In Bangkok

TanmaySawant

I swear to God the following happened to me last month.

I had to dash out of the Angel disco at the Nana near closing time to attend to stomach cramps. I was pretty bleary but I did remember fishing out my phone while on the toilet for something or the other. After Angel closed and my, er, new friend and I stepped out I couldn't find the phone. It wasn't expensive but panic set in for the obvious hassle to be faced of getting a new one, reconstructing the address book, etc., etc.

My friend suggested I call my number using her phone in case it was simply in the safe keeping of some kind soul who had found it. Immediately she dialed I felt a buzz in my genitals and heard ringing. After reaching into my pants - right there in the open in the Nana parking lot much to her wide-eyed consternation - I found the phone. Apparently, unbeknownst to me it had dropped into my underpants, which I had pulled up upon exiting the toilet.

Edited by The Dancer
  • Like 2

I swear to God the following happened to me last month.

I had to dash out of the Angel disco at the Nana near closing time to attend to stomach cramps. I was pretty bleary but I did remember fishing out my phone while on the toilet for something or the other. After Angel closed and my, er, new friend and I stepped out I couldn't find the phone. It wasn't expensive but panic set in for the obvious hassle to be faced of getting a new one, reconstructing the address book, etc., etc.

My friend suggested I call my number using her phone in case it was simply in the safe keeping of some kind soul who had found it. Immediately she dialed I felt a buzz in my genitals and heard ringing. After reaching into my pants - right there in the open in the Nana parking lot much to her wide-eyed consternation - I found the phone. Apparently, unbeknownst to me it had dropped into my underpants, which I had pulled up upon exiting the toilet.

cheesy.gif did you find anything else down there?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Friends,

I'm from Mumbai, India.I'm at a huge loss.

Please listen to my problem, from 23rd June-30th June(till morning), I was in Thailand.

On 29th June i was in Bangkok, and between 3:20-3:25pm my SAMSUNG GALAXY S III was robbed sad.png((.. I think it was robbed in or around the outside area of GEMS gallery near MBK Centre Bangkok.We requested the Gems Gallery authorities to view the CCTV but they were not willing.They were denying and then we lodged Police Complaint in bangkok but of no use.The 2 police came with us and they spoke with the gems gallery authorities in thai and then they went in 5mins without even telling.Very disappointed with this behaviour of the Police sad.png( the lady Police said that Samsung Thailand can trace it.We even called Samsung Mobile Thailand.But they were not understanding english sad.png so no use. And yes I had bought this Galaxy S III from Mumbai,India and It had indian aircel network microsim in it not any thai sim.I''ve the IMEI no. and original BILL too. Please tell me what i will have to do.And please can you guys try if Samsung Mobile thai can do anything to Trace it back.It was hardly 2 weeks old. Please see that you can do to trace it back!!!can you guys speak with Samsung Thailand please I need the Galaxy S III sad.png Guys need your help.This is the biggest Thai forum.Hope you guys help me.!!!

1. Define huge loss? Is it only the phone? Or did it contain some information, that is very valuable for you/or business? The Phone is only about 20k baht? Next time install software, that will "wipe" the telephone, its standard on iOS devices, and can be bought quite cheap on Android devices. then no one can take advantage of your data, on the phone.

2. The phone can be traced with no problem, the police can order the "new"(The ones that provides the sim, that is already tried out, in the phone) phonecompany, to trace in down to 10m's accuracy - so if this was a high profiled murder case, it would all ready have been done :-)

3. I'm sorry to say this, but it is truth - most Thai people do not have very high respect, for people of Indian descent. That might have been your problem in the Shop-owners or with the Police.

4. Regard your phone as lost, and get a new one. But make sure, that your that your Indian service provider, reports it stolen with the IMEI to the GSM Association. Then it could make sure, that even the SIM is changed - then the phone is locked, this is the case for sure in europe.

I actually can't remember if Thailand or India do blacklist phones based on IMEI. I think actually i might only be in Europe, but all countries in the GSM Association, should do it - but not everyone do it.

Bad luck, i've lost many many phones my self in Bangkok....you can go buy it back in MBK - it will be in the shop closest, to where you "lost" it....

Going to be good for "the morning after", when you cannot remember where the hell you left the phone as you crawled into bed when the sun was coming up. laugh.png

Good for finding out were you've been also.

How do you do that? Does the software keep a log of where the phone has been in a certain time period?

So, what has become of the situation and the OP?

He wanted us to do all the work - Call: Samsung on his behalf, contact the Police/trace his phone...etc.

But didn't bother to reply to the post's or people using time to answer him...oh well, maybe the Thai's are right whistling.gif

• Like 1