Best Cable/Sat Company For English Prem Football ?

bluesky76

i want to get cable/sat for my room so i can watch the english premier league.

what is the best company to use?.truevision , ubc. or is there another good company?

my building has a satellite dish already.im in pattaya.

i want to have ESPN, STAR sports and truesport 1.2.3.4.5.6 .

or if i could have skySports from england that would be even better

im not bothered about HD tv. do i have to sign up for 12months?

if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

thanks

Agreed - it has been outstanding and hopefully will be for another one year at least (True's broadcasting rights are up for renegotiation soon fro the 2013/14 season and thereafter - another provider GMM -Z TV (GMM Grammy Corporation) are probably going to try to bid.

I say outstsanding because True Visions have about 7 sports channels which they will typically dedicate four to in showing games live simultaneously on Saturday/Sunday. They also do repeats of matches throughout the week. If you want you can just about watch every EPL game over the course of a week and watching the top 3 or 4 games over the coutrse of the weekend with 2 or 3 of them being live is par for the course. Much better than Sky's coverage in the UK.

You pay of course - you are likely to find that you will need to sign up to their Gold package which might still be about 1,600 baht a month (no cost for the box up front). But go and check it out.

Others take the cheaper option of using an internet link, which apparently works ok if you have a reliable 3mb connection

• Like 1

Yes, Truevisions is the way to go if you want to watch the EPL. Great games coverage although it would be nice to have some analysis in English. I even miss Shebby Singh and Steve MacMahon (not really!).

Agreed - half time really is only for cuppas with True. But tere are endless analysis and highlights programmes, disecting the weekends games that run on about Monday to Wednesday with the likes of Alan Curbishley and other unemployed managers!

TrueVisions generally sucks, from service issues, signal cutting out in the rain etc. As yet there aren't any full service decent alternatives.

The good news bluesky76 is that True's one saving grace is the EPL coverage if that's what you're looking for. Virtually all the matches covered if you have gold package.... and it's not raining hard, or problem with the box or signal or...etc :)

We got our HD box a couple of weeks ago, which I rang and asked for in September 2011, and several times since that :)

The only reason Turdvisions is the choice, is because they have no competition. Generally poorl presented, poor service, and a rip off price for the package you generally get. Howvere, they do show most of the games at a weekend.

The only reason Turdvisions is the choice, is because they have no competition. Generally poorl presented, poor service, and a rip off price for the package you generally get. Howvere, they do show most of the games at a weekend.

err - is it a rip off Mr Toad if they (unlike any braodcaster I have seen in any country) show all (not nearly all) the EPL games? It's like food - eat local food/pay local prices. Eat falang food/pay falang prices. I just don't understand all these True critics*, but then I've not been troubled by their reputed poor service yet and I get enjoyment out of stuff not many others here do (Rugby, some US sports, current affairs, business/market analysis).

*There are enough of them around that there has to be an element of rose-colour somewhere in my glasses I guess.

err - is it a rip off Mr Toad if they (unlike any braodcaster I have seen in any country) show all (not nearly all) the EPL games? It's like food - eat local food/pay local prices. Eat falang food/pay falang prices. I just don't understand all these True critics*, but then I've not been troubled by their reputed poor service yet and I get enjoyment out of stuff not many others here do (Rugby, some US sports, current affairs, business/market analysis).

*There are enough of them around that there has to be an element of rose-colour somewhere in my glasses I guess.

One thing True is definitely NOT a rip-off for, is its sports coverage!

One thing True is definitely NOT a rip-off for, is its sports coverage!

The olympics is also being shown 113.gif

I think the EPL coverage is good, but if you didn't like football the rest is poor and the service is awful. We have had nothing but poor service with Turd at my workplace, and I have also had the same problems at home. I guess I lost my patience in dealing with them at work.

• 2 months later...