Garmin Vs Magellan

KRS1

For those who have GPS, which brand do you find works better than the other? I will probably bring one back from the US, but would like to know which one works better in thailand.

thanks !

Your thoughts please on the Garmin model you bought? Preloaded for Thailand? Priced well-below Thai prices I presume? I'm headed back to North American soon.Cheers

Buy in North America by all means! I bought, at that time, the top-of-line model - Nuvi 765T. It introduced all the basic features that are standard in today's Garmin units. In fact, the GPS navigation units that are in today's Isuzu showroom models has the same display and features as the one I have! So I would look on eBay or Amazon and buy a couple units or 3 of any Nuvi model 765T or later. Just make sure the model you choose has all the features and is the size you want. Here is a link to the latest models: http://gps.toptenrev...com/navigation/

As for the maps, I am using the 'Thailand Street and Map V11 NT [Eng]' - If I'm not mistaken, this is also the map version installed in the Isuzu lineup. Before you 'buy' a map, you may find a few map tips over in the Thailand Maps and GPS Placements forum.

Edited by thailoht

I have the oppurtunity to purchase an older Garmin Nuvi 255w for a good price, will this older model have the same accuracy as the newer models if the maps are updated?

Anyone know how old the Garmin Nuvi 255w is? Im thinking about giving $50-60 USD for it since its used.

I have the oppurtunity to purchase an older Garmin Nuvi 255w for a good price, will this older model have the same accuracy as the newer models if the maps are updated?

Anyone know how old the Garmin Nuvi 255w is? Im thinking about giving $50-60 USD for it since its used.

I believe the 255w will be OK, but you will have to post in the Thailand Maps and GPS Placements forums to get a more informed opinion. I think it came out in 2008.